Losing weight and dealing with some of the compliments

Options
1235»

Replies

• ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm not really at the point yet of you look great, or how much weight have you lost. But i know what you mean. I have a twin sister and she is 30lbs or so less than me. We both got dressed up, she did my hair and i put on makeup. I was feeling really good she told me i looked beautiful and my friends would definitely say something that night to me. Not one of them did, she had gotten her hair cut and died and they all commented on her looking so great and not one about me. She even tried and said i looked so great tonight around them and still not one compliment. It made me feel like crap and realize that for the sheer fact that i'm fat and she isn't made me the not pretty one and she got all the compliments. I think it's complete crap and makes me wonder what is going on in peoples heads, these are my friends i've had for years. I don't look at someone all dolled up and decide they dont look good because they are overweight. Reality sux but i will appreciate the compliments once i lose lots more weight, but i will also remember how they couldn't be troubled for a nice comment when i wasn't skinny. It's bitter sweet!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!