Options

Replies

• AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" with a goal of 110 so 15 lbs to lose
  • nascentday
    Options
    I'm 5'2, weighing 150 lbs, and my goal is to get down to 130 lbs. I'm bustier, and frankly, being too small wouldn't balance me out, so I need to keep a little something so I don't look like I'm going to fall over.

My friend is 5'2 as well, and she used to be my size, but after much diet and excercise, she's down to 117. I'd say that's too small, though, by looking at her. She's naturally got heavier bones than I do, which means she should probably weigh somewhere about 123-125 for a more ideal weight. If I were 117, I would literally be skin and bones.

So....I think it really depends upon your body type. It's not just height/weight ratio. It's about how you carry your weight, and where you carry it. Balance is key, and nutrition is most important.

(I say this, admitting that I have horrible nutritional habits and am currently unbalanced. But, I've been making great progress on the nutrition -- just need to get the exercise up.)
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    SW:158
    CW:148
    GW: 128-118 on the Low end. Oh I am 5'2. Feel free to add me especially if you are close to my stats.
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11", and 57 years old. Goal is 115 lbs. Currently I'm 135, so another 20 lbs. I'm really hoping for 3 pounds a month, so I should be at goal some time this summer.

Wow, we are close. I'm 4'11" and 41 years old. I'm 131 right now with an initial goal of 115, but might re-adjust that to 110 once I'm there. I'm starting a weight routine so that might make me happier at a higher weight. I just want to have great shape and look toned!
  • jacquejl
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and my goal weight is 109. I'm currently 114, but started out at 223 in September 2010.

Congrats!! That's awesome :bigsmile:
  • jacquejl
    Options
    I'm 4'10" and weigh 135 currently :-( My goal at this point is 115, anything less would be extra rewarding. I have a small frame, so when I married, I weighed 92lbs. Believe me, when you're this short , even 5lbs shows.

I must agree with you wholeheartedly! For every 5 lbs I gain I go up 1 size in pants. So, when I weighed 110 I was a sz4, 115 a sz 5/6. Now that I'm 131 I'm a sz 10. Horrifying!! I envy my taller friends who can gain 5lbs and you don't even notice. Ugh!
  • QuakerMom
    QuakerMom Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1 1/2" (call it 5'2").
    Started at 146 (highest weight ever, i think)
    Currently: 138
    Goal: 128

I would love to be 125, but this is probably not realistic for me -- has been, oh, close to 20 years since i weighed that little for any length of time. (I'm 48)

But, we'll see.
  • nichole1027
    nichole1027 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and 149 now and would like to get to 120 and see how I look there. Anyone please feel free to add me. It's nice to have support for others.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4", (46 yrs old) started this journey at 147, kept getting down to around 135 and giving up, this time I'm in it until I hit goal of 125 currently at 133. I'm thinking I may change my goal to 120 depending on how I feel at 125. I started slowly (15 minutes of cardio 3-5 times a week and am now walk/jogging 5 miles a day, 5 days a week, weight training one day a week (got a bum shoulder), eating 1200 calories a day and having a "spike day" once a week. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • alibab36
    alibab36 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 3 and 125 lbs . I am working on toning and doing cardio and weights to improve same . I have pictures in my profile as to where I am at now .
    Options
    Im 4' 11" and my fiancee is 6'2'' I find it totally unfair to look at what he can eat and I can eat. He also likes to eat out but stays a healthy weight. UGH!
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I posted a topic a few days ago. It's titled "Almost there". My success pics are on there. Nov. 2010 I was 184lbs. And I'm 5"4'. My before pic is of me at 193lbs. and the after is of me last week (152lbs). I've lost a few lbs since. I hope to be down to 130 soon. Good luck!

Height to weight ratio

http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height_weight.shtml
  • EchoSedai
    Options
    I'm 5'3, currently at 139 pounds. I'm aiming for 120-125 because that's what I was comfortable at once upon a time. But everyone's 'ideal' body weight depends on your frame too... if you have a large frame and aim for 110 you'll just end up being underweight which is not healthy. I've been at both extremes and while I thought I looked good at 100 pounds, friends and family thought otherwise and worried I had an eating disorder. Ahhh... the yo yo
  • ahkeeley
    Options
    Happy to see so many fellow short women! I am 5'3", 128lbs and have a goal of 110lbs. I got down to 118lbs this summer, but put some weight back on this fall/winter. I wasn't happy still with how I looked at 118lbs so I'm hoping 110lbs will do it! I think all of the gaining and losing weight my whole life has had a toll on my body. I have been very active over the last 2 years, but I just can't seem to get as toned as I want. At least I am in the best shape of my life at 34 and can run a mile 4 minutes faster than I did in high school! Good luck everyone!
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my goal is 125 pounds. :)

16777058.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ColeyBear08
    ColeyBear08 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    5ft 1 1/4", started on here at 135, took me 4 months to get down to 125 (my original goal) but decided to try for 122. It's been several months and I haven't lost anymore, but have been lifting alot so I'm guessing that partly way. The other reason is probably
    b/c I eat too much fat, but I'm not willing to give up chocolate and cheese!:wink:
    And my profile pic is around 125 lbs.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and my goal weight is 109. I'm currently 114, but started out at 223 in September 2010.

Congrats!! That's awesome :bigsmile:

Thank you :)
  • Rachel2178
    Rachel2178 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 4ft11in and currently 156lbs. I just had baby #2 in October and was 179lbs when I had him. My ideal weight according to BMI is between 99-124lbs, but I will be happy with 130-135! Who knows, if I can manage it maybe I will even lose more!
  • Rachel2178
    Rachel2178 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im 4' 11" and my fiancee is 6'2'' I find it totally unfair to look at what he can eat and I can eat. He also likes to eat out but stays a healthy weight. UGH!

I hear ya! I'm 4'11" as well and my husband is 6'2"! He could stand to lose a little weight and was adamant that he would never diet but since I started MFP he has actually been tracking what he eats too.
    Congrats on your engagement! Make sure you wear crazy high heels to the wedding!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!