Any short ladies(under 5ft4in) under or goal is under 130lbs

Options

Replies

• roxyjomar
    roxyjomar Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 5'2", currently 135, gw 120-125. Add me if you have similar goals.
  • 2knoxs
    2knoxs Posts: 81
    Options
    5'3, currently 107 lbs. Goal: to not care about the number on the scale, because I want to build some muscle. :)

I like this^^ Im 4'11" and current weight is 130 goal is 120, see how I feel when I get to 120 I dont have a petite body frame even tho Im short so nothign under 115 for sure.
  • leykisgirl
    Options
    I'm 5'3" my long term goal is 105lbs

I am currently 140lbs
  • SeeEmRun2012
    Options
    I'm 5' 3" and trying to get back down to 120-123lbs again. It seems like the only weight I loose is water weight lol Oh well, i
    ll keep trying at it! Good luck!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    5ft2 and 134lbs, would like to be 120 or under. I just like to lean up a little really.
  • lynnlove30
    lynnlove30 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5' 3"...... goal is 130.... was @240.... last 30# is so hard!!!
  • CAW79
    CAW79 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5' 3.5" and currently 155lbs, my goal weight is 130lbs.
  • ErikaO90
    ErikaO90 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'3" current weight 146 ...goal weight around 128-130
  • hillary124
    hillary124 Posts: 112
    Options
    Ok currently 132 after a few awful weeks, trying desperately to be 118! Im 5'3".
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Ok currently 132 after a few awful weeks, trying desperately to be 118! Im 5'3".

Ditto
    5'3" Im at 125 now desperatly trying to get to 118 (secret wish 115)
  • Kylieikerd
    Options
    I'm 22 years old and am 5'3. I started here weighing 137. Currently down to 127.2. Goal weight is anywhere between 115-120!
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", currently at 143, goal weight of 120. Been there before and like myself at that weight.
  • mom2scc
    mom2scc Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    this funny to put because i always told i was 5'1.5 and just got measure the other day now am 5'0.5' anyways.

CW:148
    GW:120

feel free add me...
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options

Oh tell me about it! I was like the girl with the milkshakes in high school. When you've never had to watch your weight, it's very difficult to switch mental modes. I was in complete denial about how much weight I had actually gained and wow, was that scale a wake up call! It's now my best friend! LOL!

Absolutely. It's the only way. I'm glad I was never so thin I actually had to gorge on sweets to keep up my weight. Just moving from a normal metabolism to a more slowed down one has been hard enough for me.

The person I was talking about made many attempts to lose weight. I assume she wasn't consistent. Your life has to permanently change.

I think another factor to be confronted if you were really skinny when young is facing up to the fact that your youth is gone. It's nice to feel young and remember when you were so thin people were actually urging you to eat. For your health!
  • OmegaSkye
    OmegaSkye Posts: 16
    Options

Oh tell me about it! I was like the girl with the milkshakes in high school. When you've never had to watch your weight, it's very difficult to switch mental modes. I was in complete denial about how much weight I had actually gained and wow, was that scale a wake up call! It's now my best friend! LOL!

Absolutely. It's the only way. I'm glad I was never so thin I actually had to gorge on sweets to keep up my weight. Just moving from a normal metabolism to a more slowed down one has been hard enough for me.

The person I was talking about made many attempts to lose weight. I assume she wasn't consistent. Your life has to permanently change.

I think another factor to be confronted if you were really skinny when young is facing up to the fact that your youth is gone. It's nice to feel young and remember when you were so thin people were actually urging you to eat. For your health!

I was one of those ladies. XD I'm 5'1, and as a kid I was thin as a rail. My mom used to be horrified at how much I could eat. I out ate my FATHER sometimes (and he was a construction worker who needed upwards of 3000 calories a day!). I used to eat entire packages of E.L.Fudge cookies, and she'd warn me "you're gonna get fat". It didn't happen. In high school, I was 115 and my fast food meal of choice was a chicken sandwich meal from Burger King, king sized (of course), with a chocolate shake. Still my mom warned, "you're gonna get fat."

In my twenties my metabolism slowed at a fairly unnoticeable rate, an guess what? I got fat! Now I'm 169 (YIKES). I'm only twenty five pounds lighter than my husband, who's 6 foot even. That... Is horrifying. Luckily my taste buds modified so I'm not really into sweets anymore. If I need a milkshake, I get a small Frosty from Wendy's--they're fairly benign and are still fairly filling. My goal's 120 right now, but ultimately, I want to be 110 again. I still have these little shorts I used to wear in high school. If I can squeeze into them again, my journey is complete. :3

Still, being able to eat without repercussions as a kid and in high school really set me up for a fall. When you can't gain weight, you feel immune to these problems. You just don't care about eating right because you think you'll never need to. How wrong I was. I wish I'd listened to mom, but at least she still gives me inspiration. She was 95 lbs when she got married at 22. By the time she was 25, she was 170. She's my height. When I was in second grade, she started working out and changed her eating habits. She's ranged between 115 and 130 for the last 20 years. She was my age when she started, so I know I can do it! :3
  • jak2315
    jak2315 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am slightly under 5 foot and I weigh 117 lbs. I want to get to 115 lbs.
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and last time I weighed in, was 137. I had an initial goal of 120, then decided to set it to around 105. Realistically, I think 105 will make me look ill and not so hot. So, I'm going to just roll with this. I do cardio and strength training 5/6 days a week and I'm doing 30DS with a supply of videos when I get done. I don't want to be skinny, I want to be FIT and healthy. So, I'll keep doing what I am and let my body decide where it wants to end up.
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    5'1"
    CW:130
    GW:105-110 (Sz 2)
  • littlefreckle91
    Options
    No offence, but you guys all seem to be at good weights for your heights, and I'm definitely not. There's nothing wrong with being even better, but to an extent, and in my opinion, some of you may have passed that line. I am 4 ft. and 11 in. and weigh 163 pounds. ... Hopefully, I've given you something to think about, and if not, here's a quote from someone (I can't remember who), " No matter how bad you think you've got it, there's always someone who's got it worse." So c'mon, people, let's be smart about this.

Ditto. I'm glad to see the lower weights of the other ladies...but it's nice to see someone who is short & heavy like me. The amount of pounds to lose is quite daunting coming from a much higher weight than a lot of the earlier posts.

Seriously...do any of the shorter ladies find the 1200 cal/day difficult? I mean, it seems that for shorter ladies the cal/day should be lower than the 1200 cal set by MFP. What calorie guideline do you use, and how much weight are you losing with it? Please share.

Regards from Chicago!

Hi!

I found it really hard to stick to 1200 cal/day.I would get so hungry that I would just obsess and then overeat anyway.I upped my calories to 1600/day and did light exercise 3/4 times a week and went from 135lbs to 118 lbs (where I am now) slowly over 6 months.Being short does have its advantages! It shows when you lose weight easier I think :D
  • debzeeU2
    debzeeU2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 1. My ultimate goal weight is to be 125. But it depends on how I look when I am in the 130s. If I am happy with myself then I will stay around that weight. I know I'll never be skinny skinny because I have the hips and butt.
    Wouldn't mind friends with close to the same goal, so add me please.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!