What was a your wake up call?!

Options

Replies

• scorpiogirl100
    Options
    Saw a picture of me (eating of all things!!!) at a friends wedding....241lbs...double chin..I was wearing a sleeveless dress and I literally looked like a sumo wrestler...I thought..".no wonder nobody wanted to dance with me that night" :( 51lbs lost so far...and getting my self esteem back :)
  • scottlikescake
    Options
    I couldn't get trousers to fit me from anywhere. I started a new job and was told I couldn't wear my stretchy jeans to work anymore. They were jet black initially and slipped under the radar. They faded a lot and suddenly you could tell they were jeans and my boss flipped. I bought a pair of 40 inch waist trousers with an elastic waistband. The first day I wore them to work the button snapped off. I couldn't live with myself any more, I looked awful. I started my 'diet' in May 2011 and since then I've lost over 100 pounds and I'm a 32-34 inch waist depending on the brand. I feel great now.
  • MissJackie88
    Options
    In September of 2010 I got a serious back injury for being so sedentary, it was extremely painful and caused me to be in bed for a whole week with a pinch nerve pain that lasted at least a month after. Ironically enough in the same month almost at the same time of September 2011 the same thing happened! My doctor told me I needed to be more active and work on my "core". Ever since then, plus the combination of being the heaviest girl at the beach all summer with my family, I decided enough was enough! I REFUSE to let 2012 have the same outcome! I always said I was going to do something about my weight but all I did was sit around, stuff my face, and say "I'll start next week". I've taken back control of my life and I am happy to report I have no more back pains and I am extremely happy :)
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Yep pictures always have told a story!! That's what did it for me..LOVE to stay in front of one..But one day I actually took a close look at it...and it was not a good look,,, WAKE UP CALL FOR SURE!
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I got tired of wondering if I'd wake up the next morning....
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    My fat pants couldn't even button. HELLOOOO!!!!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    All of my clothes were second skin tight w/ the seam imprint still on my leg even the 2 last jeans I can fit. I also cried a lot . . . in the closet by myself and in the bathroom to my husband. That was the last straw!!! No turning back.
  • kassia1687
    kassia1687 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Realizing that if I didn't lose some weight, I was going to have to buy a one piece swim suit for this summer. I have always been tiny but after having my son, things have just been changing for the worse :(
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I wasn't on MFP yet (this was about 3 years ago), but I was extremely overweight from psychotropic drugs. My wakeup call was darkness on my skin from insulin (I became pre-diabetic), the pain from going up stairs, the rawness between my legs from them rubbing up against each other, and the fact that I have to pump myself with drugs as it is to stay "healthy" (being overweight added insult to injury as far as my body was concerned). Today, I'm 85 pounds lighter than I was then. I'm only 12-15 pounds heavier than what I lost.
  • marz1pan
    marz1pan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'd always been pretty active, but chubby. But I started to realize by looking at photos, and my clothing sizes that I was more than chubby. So I started running, completing a half marathon last June and being more active, but I was still unwilling to pay attention to what i was eating. Finally, after losing 15 pounds, and then gaining 5 back and being stuck, I just had a frank talk with myself.

It finally came down to the realization that I had already spent at least 5 years, if not more, promising myself I would get my weight down and I would get the healthy body I'd always wanted, and that if I had just devoted myself for ONE of those years, I would be there already.
  • mesicali_chica
    mesicali_chica Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I weighted 262lbs on my 33rd Birthday last year. I cried when I went shopping for a birthday outfit and realized I was wearing a size 20.......Nothing fit and I didn't buy a thing! My BMI was 42% . When I realized 42% of my body was fat, I decided it was time to get it right. My Goal is that by my 34th Birthday in September, I would like to be 180 - 175lbs with my BMI well below 25%
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have been "skinney fat" for awhile, but in the month since I quit my job to be a sahm, I put on six lbs and NOTHING fit. My stomach looks terrible, and I'm back up to the weight I was when I got pregnant with my oldest. Its just too high for me.
  • MSEVELEE
    MSEVELEE Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm probably the only person who's willing to say this. I couldn't get comfortable with my husband of a lifetime during intimacy anymore. We've been together forever but lately I had become so self-conscious about my body. So I decided that I owe it to him and myself to come close to the body that he met over 20+ years ago.

6195637.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My wake up call.. you'd think it would have been when my pants rubbed away at the thighs.

You'd think it would be when I couldn't use the airplane seatbelt with out an extender.

You'd think it would be when I went from the 270lbs that I had been from 9th grade until 23 and then all of a sudden ballooned even farther to over 300lbs.

Or perhaps when I was told at 24 I would have type 2 diabetes by 30 if I didn't change - instead I ate MORE.

You'd think it would be when I had to get acid reflux pills because the amount of food I ate was making my stomach rebel.

It wasn't any of those things. It was when my twin niece and nephew looked at me one day and both said (at different times and out of earshot of each other), "You're really fat Aunt Audra". Nothing like the honesty of two 4 year olds!
  • PhatAndy
    PhatAndy Posts: 285
    Options
    Being told I wont live overnight in the hospital.
  • xxcatyxx555
    Options
    after recovery everyone made me eat so much that i gained hella weight and i got on a scale and the horrifying 198 popped up
  • fatgirlruns
    Options
    Only being able to fit into my fat jeans with the help of Spanx and sucking in on my 27th birthday. Not how you want to feel on your way to a birthday dinner!
  • lr8812
    lr8812 Posts: 111
    Options
    Well, despite having high blood pressure and high cholesterol at 18 years old, I still didn't listen. Then on November 1st, I just woke up, and said today is the day I change. Never looked back...

Now, my blood pressure is at a normal range... might even get off the meds for it. Have to go for new testing soon.
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Having my left knee completely give out due to OSTEOARTHRITIS at age 34. I thought that was an old persons disease, NOPE. barely able to walk to take care of my kids:( fearing a wheelchair, or cane at age 34.

Hearing everything is caused by my weight, which is likely the truth.
  • Maridelsol82
    Options
    Hitting 200 Ib's again when I had already weighed 225 and had gone down to 155Ib's. I could not believe I let myself get to that size again.
    7628060.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools