Do you......

Options
1235»

Replies

• dancefloordevil
    dancefloordevil Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    What is really gross is using a hotel towel to dry your face. No telling who dryed or wiped what with that towel and no telling how clean the people that are in charge of doing laundry got that towel. I bring my own towels to the hotels with me or I go shopping and buy a couple of towels when I get where I am going. Same thing with the bed spreads at hotels. Haven't you watched those shows where they find fecal material and semen on hotel bedding. They may wash the sheets between guest but that is not the case with the bed spreads and sometimes the blankets to. You know people sit around naked on those things and they are not always fresh from the shower. At least if you reuse your own towel and have wiped you butt with it the time before you know it was your butt and it was a clean butt.

Ummmmm..... Gross!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Wow me and my husband must be freaks.

We never reuse towels. Always one shower, one towel. I can't even get my husband to wear a pair of jeans more then once before it gets washed again. Sucks doing laundry but I guess old habits are hard to break.

I picked it up from boarding school as all the girls there were so hard on me about reusing towels.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I'd like to bring to your attention to where many people put their faces voluntarily... including very close to said bum/junk region whilst performing certain adult activities... that whole area is not gross people - especially when you've just jumped out of the shower!
    This reminds me of Jim Jefferies. "You just sucked my ****, of course I don't feel uncomfortable using your toothbrush."
    -wtk
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I think I have the solution. If you only shower once a week then you can wash your towel every time whilst only washing it once per week.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Wow, I feel like a bit of a slob now... I usually wait a week or two between washing my towel. I only do laundry every 8-10 days, so it usually happens every couple cycles. I don't ever view the towel as "dirty", and I'm shocked to hear people wash it every time. Then again, I re-wear some things like jeans at least one before washing. I don't feel I've ever had a problem with personal hygiene, or sweating for that matter.
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I use a clean towel every shower. The only time I reuse is if I've used the towel to dry one of the kids before hand. There is no way I would share with my other half but that's because hes not always as keen on showers as I am.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    It's drying you off at your cleanest, plus it is both environmental and economical. I wash about once a week, the towel goes in when I wash. I use my own towel. I really don't see the need to use a different one every time you wash. Would you use a different bar of soap every time you showered? :huh:

ETA Also, you encounter far more and worse germs in everyday life than you do on a towel, but that's a good thing, because our immune systems are supposed to deal with germs. If they don't, it's not healthy either. I mean I like clean but no germs anywhere ever is neither an attainable nor a desirable goal because it could increase the risk of autoimmune disorders. :ohwell:
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Yes... what a waste of a towel... unless your wiping your *kitten* crack with it I see no need to throw it into the laundry pile it's just wet...
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Yes! I don't have a washer and dryer in my apartment so I'm not going to do a whole load of towels everyday after we each use one. That's crazy lol

Plus, it's not dirty! I was squeaky clean when I used it last!! LOL
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Wow, I feel like a bit of a slob now... I usually wait a week or two between washing my towel. I only do laundry every 8-10 days, so it usually happens every couple cycles. I don't ever view the towel as "dirty", and I'm shocked to hear people wash it every time. Then again, I re-wear some things like jeans at least one before washing. I don't feel I've ever had a problem with personal hygiene, or sweating for that matter.

That's not a bad thing I don't wash clothes all the time after I've worn it once... because it's like... ok I didn't spill anything, I walked with it but didn't sweat in it.

Maybe I'm just a college student savin money... but seriously... I've seen some people just change twice a day and throw it in the hamper
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am often so bad at remembering to wash my towels. I have to say I will use them a couple times. I just hate laundry more than germs, I've even just stood in the bathroom until I air dried or used a sweater to dry off simply to avoid having to do my laundry. If I put a towel in the dirty clothes every time I took a shower, I'd have to own about 20 towels haha. I long for the day when I can just pay for a laundry service, then I will most likely use a towel only once.
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    It's drying you off at your cleanest, plus it is both environmental and economical. I wash about once a week, the towel goes in when I wash. I use my own towel. I really don't see the need to use a different one every time you wash. Would you use a different bar of soap every time you showered? :huh:
    I use shower gel as soap creaps me out!! Think of all the germs on it! (I think my oh might be right when he says I have ocd)
  • dancefloordevil
    dancefloordevil Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I use shower gel as soap creaps me out!! Think of all the germs on it! (I think my oh might be right when he says I have ocd)

Me too....
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I air dry!

^^ the preferred method!
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I usually shower twice a day so yes, I reuse the same towel at least 2 times.

I also loathe doing extra amounts of laundry so it's practical.