Options

Replies

• ginamaria724
    Options
    I think mine is 21% lol
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    the wet foot thingee on my scale says 34.5% but it started much higher, so onward and downward right?
  • melrose09
    Options
    I have used three different websites.
    On healthy forums I got 27%, on free dieting I got 19.7% and on scientific psychic I got 22.5%. So I am thinking I am between 20-25%

Those websites are wonky sometimes. If you have access to a gym with a decent set of calipers, the skin fold tests are more widely accepted as accurate. And if it's not a litte uncomfortable, they aren't doing it properly. I thought my friend was going to rip my skin off! :)
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    The results on websites tend to be inaccurate and even the skin fold test and scales aren't super accurate. The most accurate way is hydrostatic testing.
  • sms1986
    sms1986 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    25% at the moment, according to the scientificpsychic website.
  • melrose09
    Options
    The results on websites tend to be inaccurate and even the skin fold test and scales aren't super accurate. The most accurate way is hydrostatic testing.

Totally correct. But they aren't so easy to come by. I've never used one at all. There might be one on base here. I'll have to look into it. I'd love to compare the results from the skin fold and the hydrostatic testing.

And to add a note about the websites, they usually calculate BMI which is not nearly the same thing as % body fat. My BMI is 19.5. Bodybuilders usually fall under the "overweight" category when just BMI is calculated, but they have very little body fat.
  • vamiles
    Options
    Right now I'm at about 12.3-12.7 range most of it is carried around my legs though but it's falling off fast via hardcore cardio, tabata drills, burpess, plyo, etc. I mean It really doesn't matter how you test it just get as low as possible while maintaining what you think looks/feels healthy. I play college rugby (winger) so I'm shooting pretty low.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    I was getting wild variations on my scales / body fat analysers - I could be 28% at 2 pm then 36% at 4 pm, and it always seemed rather high (I am 5' 4" and 112 ilbs). I then stumbled on the instruction book recently, which said your feet need to be slightly wet when you stand on the scales. Since doing that I have consistently been around 23%.
  • vamiles
    Options
    Yeah those things are tricky I don't have one but i have heard the woes of others. I just stick to measurements and other test of the sort (caliper test, etc.)
  • phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    I have one of those electronic measures that you hold. On Jan. 1 i was 44.8%, Jan. 21 i was 43.8%. I will measure again at the 2 month mark, I think. Hoping to get into the 30's soon!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    14% as of today.
    I dont do cardio and eat 2k a day.
  • AllezCheryl45
    AllezCheryl45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    MIne's 27% at the moment Hoping to get it down to 20-23%!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    With a brief rough estimate, 10%
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Back into single digits.
  • vamiles
    Options
    Back into single digits.

That's where I wanna be by summer time It's gonna take a lot of work but working out 5 days a week will get me there.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages

this gives a very good example of what bf% looks like, it also shows good examples of muscular vs. non muscular bf%
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Back into single digits.

I'm shooting for 10% by april 1st.
    I intermittent fast 16/8 eating -20% TDEE then slooooooow bulk after that.
    ITOFTS!
  • siobhano_
    Options
    I got tested at the gym, it's 27%, unfortunately!
  • Glenruth
    Glenruth Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Our bathroom scales are made by Salter and are a Model 9106. This can measure Body Fat, Bone Mass, Body Water, Muscle Mass and of course Weight. We need to enter Gender, height and age. Since November 2011 my values are as shown.

Body Fat 44% - 34.3%
    Bone Mass 2% - 5%
    Body Water 40.4% - 46.5%
    Muscle Mass 34.5% - 36.7 %
    Weight 256lbs - 203.2lbs

Not sure how accurate these readings are but I am happy that they are all going in the right direction.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages

this gives a very good example of what bf% looks like, it also shows good examples of muscular vs. non muscular bf%
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!