What's your body fat %?

Options

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I bought a caliper recently and took about 3 readings and came up with 27%... which really alarmed me. I'm 5'7" and 128 lbs! I really thought it would be less and it was a pretty big shocker. Anyway, my goal is around 20% or so. I doubt I'd ever want to get lower than 17%. I'm doing Starting Strength, the novice program... 3x5 squat, bench, press, deadlift, power cleans. I also do HIIT run/walking on days I don't lift weights. So... hopefully, along with watching calories & macros, I'll be able to burn off that fat and start to add on a little muscle. Giving myself 6 months so I don't drive myself crazy with it...
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is perfect timing for me!

I was getting frustrated because my awesome bathroom scale told me even though I've lost nearly 30lbs, I've only lost about 3% body fat! That doesn't seem right! I have been strength training all along, getting enough protein, my weight may stay the same but measurements shrink at times so there was NO way I was still as high as it thought!

Calipers should arrive in my mailbox Monday... but that peele site was a great way to have a visual. Based on those pictures, I should be under 30% :) I can't wait to find out!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    started at 44%
    currently at 38%
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Caliper as of last week - 10.7%, looking to go under 10 :)

Russ
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    23%, but that whole 23% seems to be on my belly :sad:
  • jesirabbit02
    Options
    I am 30.7%

I would like to be somewhere between 21-24%
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    somewhere between 20-21% (note: I just look 10lbs heavier on pics & this one is kinda unflattering but I'm much skinnier in real)
  • BigDaddy822
    Options
    I am at 11-12% I want to get down to 5 or 6%
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I bought a caliper recently and took about 3 readings and came up with 27%... which really alarmed me. I'm 5'7" and 128 lbs! I really thought it would be less and it was a pretty big shocker. Anyway, my goal is around 20% or so. I doubt I'd ever want to get lower than 17%. I'm doing Starting Strength, the novice program... 3x5 squat, bench, press, deadlift, power cleans. I also do HIIT run/walking on days I don't lift weights. So... hopefully, along with watching calories & macros, I'll be able to burn off that fat and start to add on a little muscle. Giving myself 6 months so I don't drive myself crazy with it...

good job!! solid program. that's good way to lose body fat
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I am at 11-12% I want to get down to 5 or 6%

competing?
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Here is a free site to check body fat
    Here:
    http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

Mine is 17% - down from 33%
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Mine is currently stuck at 24.4%.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Try a bodyfat analyzer...they are no bod pod but IMO they are better than the skin fold test or the web calculators.
    My readings are all over the board with those things. It fluctuates 5% with every reading.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    According to my scale, mine is 39.7% Really bad, I know. :(

For some reason, even though I'm losing weight (over 30lbs now), my fat % doesn't seem to go down by much.
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    25% i think..
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I don't know what mine is... and I guess at this point I don't really care because I know it's completely healthy. When I signed up at the gym and had my introductory training session a month ago, they used the Omron fat loss monitor and it said 14.8% but that's a bunch of crap... there is no way my bf is that low. I would guess it's probably about 17-18.

You can work on your body fat percentage so don't be discouraged that you're currently at 33. I would suggest you start weight training though :)
  • micmac327
    Options
    Mine is 29.5%. Weight is 137, height is 5'4". Would love to get it below 25%.

Use this link to calculate if your weight loss goals are realistic.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/body-fat-chart.php

It helped me. :smile:
  • Savora
    Savora Posts: 25
    Options
    Today mine's 23.3 down from the mid 30's a few months ago but I've lost 45 pounds and work out daily, hoping to get it to 19%, oh and I'm 44.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm around 33% at 185. I was highest at 42% at 218lbs.

Shooing for 25% or less at my goal weight.

The only accurate measure of body fat is a DEXA scan. I had one done about a month ago.
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Mine is 6% using skinfold measurements and 7% using bioelectrical impedence
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!