Patriots or Giants...and why?

Options
123457»

Replies

• FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Patriots.. because the Packers aren't playing.

Because of this, I could really care less who wins.
    I'll still be cheering the Pack on. :bigsmile:
  • FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Packers...always....stock holder.................:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou:
  • Nickieg3
    Nickieg3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Amen nmartin88!!! :) I lived in Arizona when that Superbowl happened and would have given my body to be at that game :(
  • Sophia925
    Options
    I am a Jets Fan so the Pats are their division rivals therefore NY GIANTS taking the Bowl.....
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I don't like either, but I'm secretly going for the Patriots, my good friend is a die hard Giants fan and he's a St. Louis Cardinal fan and they just won the world series, so it would be horrible if the Giants win. I don't want to see him that happy (is that horrible?)
  • sizzlinoverthefat
    sizzlinoverthefat Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Giants, I am origanally from New York and now live in Indy. So I figure if I can't root for one Manning, might as well root for the other. LOL

Yep, my exact sentiments!! GO G-MEN!!!:drinker:
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Giants cuz I can't stand Tom Brady's arrogance :)

Tom Brady's arrogance? How quickly we all forget pretty boy Eli throwing a hissy fit because he didn't get drafted by the team he wanted and refusing to go there. You want to talk about arrogance.....

THANK YOU!!! Eli could stay to learn a thing or two from his father and brother in the way of humility. Of course, I also don't think he's half the athlete of either of them.

Has he improved since college days? Sure. But I still hold it against him for being so overrated and cocky then. Blegh. Smarmy. I hate smarmy.
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options

Tom Brady's arrogance? How quickly we all forget pretty boy Eli throwing a hissy fit because he didn't get drafted by the team he wanted and refusing to go there. You want to talk about arrogance.....

THANK YOU!!! Eli could stay to learn a thing or two from his father and brother in the way of humility. Of course, I also don't think he's half the athlete of either of them.

Has he improved since college days? Sure. But I still hold it against him for being so overrated and cocky then. Blegh. Smarmy. I hate smarmy.

And Eli is a mouth-breather...
  • Mo_babee
    Mo_babee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Giants all day!!! Because I grew up in Jersey with a family full of Giants fans and been a die-hard Giants fan since I could talk...lol

Go Big Blue!!!
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Patriots. Because I'm a Cowboys fan and hatred for the Giants is in my blood lol
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

And Eli is a mouth-breather...

LMAO. Wow. Thanks. I needed a chuckle.
  • Mo_babee
    Mo_babee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Oh and stop hating on Eli...lol...my youngest son is also named Eli...it was a coincidence but I love that it happened that way...
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Options
    Don't care for both teams... 49ers diehard all day!! Plus there's only one Giants we root for in the Bay Area!
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Don't care for both teams... 49ers diehard all day!! Plus there's only one Giants we root for in the Bay Area!

Same here (though I now live in Florida).
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    Patriots all the way!!!!!! They are the best team in the league and they dedicating the season to M.H.K!!!!!

Oh, while i am here, GO BRUINS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Patriots...becasue at the end of the game they will have more points then the Giants.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

LOL... worked out for everyone. San Diego got two high first round draft picks, and the Giants got a SuperBowl MVP and Championship... and a shot at a second championship
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Patriots, but not because I'm from New England. Because growing up watching a lot of sports, Robert Kraft is the best owner (and yes, that includes Steinbrenner) I've ever seen. He saved the season this year and you should all be grateful for him (as I am). Don't know what I'm talking about? Don't know what I mean? Go look up how the lockout went, the sides were stalemated, Kraft walks into the talks, next day, they hammer out an agreement.

Plus he opens the stadium (that he paid for with his own money, no taxpayer funds) to local high schools every year (in the middle of the season mind you, which can be a problem) for their championship game. AND he's a true fan, season ticket holder since the 80's and doesn't try to get involved with the player side of the game.

Love the man (in a purely platonic way).

But if you have to ask, here are my top 10 reasons why the Patriots beat the Giants

1) everyone's overrating Eli (elite, really? after 1/2 a season that he has been in the top 5 he's now elite? how about 10 years in the top 3, THAT is elite).
    2) The giants have a terrible run defense, and the patriots have a good running attack when they want to (they do).
    3) the 2012 patriots are nothing like the 2007 Patriots (much shorter passing attack that is much less vulnerable to sacks)
    4) This is in a dome, Brady is lights out in domes
    5) Gronk is a 6' 7" giant who, even on 1 leg, will dominate the giants mediocre line backing core
    6) the Giants secondary is pretty weak right now.
    7) Vince Wilfork is going to sit on Eli and there won't be any "getting out of the grasp" this time!
    8) Brandon Jacobs is an inside the tackles runner, see how well that works for ya when you're looking down the throat of Wilfork, Love, and Deaderick or better yet, ask Baltimore or Denver how that worked out.
    9) Madonna is rooting for New York (that right there should upset all you Giants fans)
    10) Coughlin got his start in Boston (BC), we had him first, he'll remember that eventually.

In all seriousness though, should be an excellent game, both teams have deep flaws, which always makes for a great game. I'm excited to watch.
  • Lopezc75
    Lopezc75 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Texans for sure!
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Go Giants! They're my #1 team being a New York state girl (Steelers a very close 2nd!). Plus, I just can't cheer for the Cheatriots...except when they play the Ravens. :devil: