Not what you thought it was............

Options

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My husband has a bunch, but my favorite two are:

Dirty deeds and "the Thunder Chief" by AC/DC

and in U2's Pride (In the Name of Love) there's the line, "Early morning, April 4th, they took your life, they could not take your pride". Bono kind of slurs the words "the took your life" as he yells them and my husband thought he said "Atigula", like it was the name of a Roman emperor or something.

And as for myself, until just a couple of years ago I didn't know that grateful was spelled the way it is. I thought it was "greatful" (because that makes more sense to me) and I thought the Grateful Dead misspelled it on purpose.
  • marylou1976
    marylou1976 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine used to sing, "oh I wish I was a prawn cracker with flowers in my hair" instead of a punkrocker, I LOL everytime I hear that song!
  • Elenazuniga
    Options
    CSI theme song "Who are you, who, who" My mom always thought it was "New Orleans, New uu, new uuu"

HAHAH we still pick on her

No way those are the right ones??? My son and I say "uuuh wooah u u u u..!!" Oh well he's 4 he won't care.. but I feel like a dork for teaching him the wrong way to say it..
  • mwest11
    mwest11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My softball coach in college was trying to discuss music with the girls on the team and said, "Man that Flo Rida is pretty good." She pronounced it as all one word like flo-reed-a. We didn't say anything...
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Sir Mixalot's "Baby Got Back", I always thought it was rumpelstiltsken instead of rumpo smoothskin!!! LMAO

OMG me too. Up until 1 minute ago.

ditto ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Me too:embarassed:
  • marylou1976
    marylou1976 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine used to sing, "oh I wish I was a prawn cracker with flowers in my hair" instead of a punkrocker, I LOL everytime I hear that song!

the same girl told our boss she was mutton dressed as lamb, when actualy she meant a wolf in sheeps clothing - bless
  • ozzra8
    ozzra8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    this is not really mistaken words but when I was younger I seen the movie La bamba and not to long after that I was at a friends house and seen who I thought was named Richie Valentine(Lou Diamond Phillips) in another movie and stood up appalled saying to the room, "ohhh.. they so lied! Richie valentines isnt dead." My friends mom looking at the tv then to me with a stare like, child you must be the slowest person on the earth, started laughing and explained that "Lou Diamond Phillips" was just an actor playing the part of "Ritchie Valens" My friend was like you do know that people on tv are just actors, right?! Yeah.. my friend and her family laughed at me for awhile over that one.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I thought Mick Jagger was McJagger.... like just his last name. I asked my parents when I was like 19 what his first name was. They said "...Mick..." and started cracking up. I said "I thought it was like Ronald McJagger or something!"

That's still a running joke in my family. And I still refer to Mick Jagger as Ronald McJagger. :)

Love this!
  • sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Peter Peter pumpkin eater, had a wife but couldn't EAT her!!! . My day of enlightenment was during a baby shower with a game called "Complete the Nursery Rhyme". Well, I VERY confidently AND loudly attempted to finish it, and got many blank, bewildered stares, before the bursts of laughter began. OH MAN... talk about embarrassing. :embarassed: :grumble:

LMAO! That's great!
  • slim422
    slim422 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    my husband thought this:

"Blinded by the light/ revved up like a DOUCHE.... I had to explain to him what a Douse was. :) He still sings it this way for a laugh.

....Those aren't the words?!

I thought so to. Wow, you learn something everyday. What is a Douse anyway?

That was my question, what the hell is Douse and I too learned the correct words for the song today
  • sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My darling daughter, when she was 3 was helping me make nachos. She asked if we could make 'f***kin moldy' to dip them in. She's 7 now and we still don't call it guacamole. We call it 'bleepin moldy' now, it still gets laughs.

Kids say the darnest things....LOL
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

This was the best one i read so far but things change with time so its not your fault
  • nkosky
    nkosky Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts were baby cabbages :laugh:

They're not?
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

I miss Maximal........ :sad:
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I thought "Beneath the snowy mantle cool and clean, the unborn grass lies waiting for its coat to turn to green." was "Beneath the snowy mantle cool and clean, the unborn rat lies waiting for his bowl of turnip greens." Helen Reddy "Snow Bird"

Also, my Dad used to call me rooster poot. Being from the south, he kinda ran it together. I was 17 before I realized what he was saying. There's a lot of things like that in Tennessee. Most folks need a translator when they visit.
  • mgpage
    mgpage Posts: 123
    Options
    My son and i went to a Chinese restaurant and he wanted an egg roll, but he ordered a Chinese Chimiganga!!!

This made me remember when I was probably about 16, my Mom and I went through KFC and my Mom ordered Kentucky McNuggets. I wanted to crawl under the seat. LOL!!
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    I had a friend ask me in all seriousness if I remembered who the lead singer of DAVE MATTHEWS band was. We still ask her this question all the time!
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    When we were little my mom told us that we had to eat the crust of our bread because that's where all the vitamins were (by the way she swears she doesn't remember this) Apparently at some point my brothers wife (to give you an idea of how long we believed this) corrected him, but no one told me. It's not something that really comes up much, so until about LAST YEAR (I'm 28 and not regularly regarded as stupid) I believed this. I was at the dinner table with my husband, my brother and sister in law and my parents when I turned to my husband and said that he probably gets lots of vitamins from all the ends of the bread that he eats, since he likes the ends the best. Everyone except my brother laughed at me, and my brother explained that we had been lied to and he had recently learned the truth! I felt like such a moron!
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    The first few times I heard the song G6 I thought it said "Like a cheese stick, like a cheese stick...feeling so fry like a cheese stick" and I thought what a stupid song!

I think I like this version better!
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    When I was a kid I thought when someone died in a movie or on tv that they really died, and I thought oh god why would anyone want to be an actor. lol

yup me too, or that if they were injured that that too happened in real life.