Not what you thought it was............

Options

Replies

• rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Last night, I overhear my daughter singing (she's 8):

"Red Cola Cup, I fill you up - Let's have a party!
  • ssforcey
    ssforcey Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Totally me!
    my husband thought this:

"Blinded by the light/ revved up like a DOUCHE.... I had to explain to him what a Douse was. :) He still sings it this way for a laugh.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I always thought the disney logo was a backwards G

gisney.png
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Last night, I overhear my daughter singing (she's 8):

"Red Cola Cup, I fill you up - Let's have a party!

that's adorable!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    My husband thought the line in "Oh Holy Night" was "round, young virgin". We have laughed about that every year. He is not the only person who thinks this apparently. LOL!

it isn't?

Y'all do realize that song is "Silent Night" Not "O Holy Night."

That and I swear this is how I was taught the song "America the Beautiful" in 3yr. old ballet class

"O beautiful for spacious skies
    O'er amber waves of grain. (as in the poetic spelling of the word OVER)"

I saw For amber waves of grain on a calendar recently and told my hubby that they should have gotten a proofreader.

In all actuality though it makes a LOT more sense to be O'er. The next line is For purple mountains majesty ABOVE the fruited plains. The last time I checked geography the amber waves of grain were NOT above the fruited plains, but were in fact under the spacious skies......

So I guess for me the jury is still out. I still think that I am right and it is O'er.
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My ex husband (a CHemical Engineer) thought it was "I've got shoes, they're multiplying". And "Tasty Cheese" instead of Tastee Freeze in the Jack and Diane song. I made fun of him for years!!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    :blushing: I thought it was the Cuban shuffle instead of the cupid shuffle
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    So my fiance and I were sitting around talking and he said the word Mancho and I was thinking .....Mancho what the hell is that. He says Mancho you know like Mancho Mancho man I wanna be a Mancho man (Village People) I think I almost peed myself. I said have you always thought it was Mancho? Well yes for the last 40 years he thought it was Mancho. Then I realized and this is purely my brother fault for messing with me but he told me LED meant little electronic device, I took that to college with me. That was an embarrassing day in class. What is something that you thought was one thing only to later find out it was another?

This is one of the top 10 greatest things I've seen on the internet since the mid-late 90's
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    my husband thought this:

"Blinded by the light/ revved up like a DOUCHE.... I had to explain to him what a Douse was. :) He still sings it this way for a laugh.

My sister and I still sing it "wrapped up like a douche." Its was not even revved in our house.
  • KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I thought Arsenio Hall was, well an actual hall...Like a music hall! LOL Well that was until this last Celebrity Apprentice! LOL
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I could not understand why the Rolling Stones did a cover of Devo's "I can't get no satisfaction" and it took me years to figure out that Cinco de Mayo was on May 5th. used to ask my friend the dumb question of "Hey, when are we going to that Cinco de Mayo party, I want to put it on my calendar.

*shakes head in shame*
  • jedibunny
    jedibunny Posts: 321
    Options
    Metallica: Enter Sandman

Real lyrics are:
    "Something's wrong, shut the light
    Heavy thoughts tonight
    And they aren't of Snow White

Dreams of war, dreams of liars
    Dreams of dragon's fire
    And of things that will bite... YEAH"

I thought they were:
    "Something's wrong, so polite
    And the thoughts tonight
    And the Odyssey wide (???)

Dreams of war, dreams of liars
    Dreams of dragon's fire
    And a baked apple pie... YEAH"

...until I got Rock Band.
    Not MY fault the guy can't enunciate.
  • rebecky27
    Options
    :blushing: I thought it was the Cuban shuffle instead of the cupid shuffle

So did I!!!
  • PamJ413
    PamJ413 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My husband thought the line in "Oh Holy Night" was "round, young virgin". We have laughed about that every year. He is not the only person who thinks this apparently. LOL!

I thought it was that too!
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Nirvana's "Smell's Like Teen Spirit" ...."I'm an albino, a mosquito, jalapeno...yeah." lol
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Oh, my mother hears things wrong quite often and provides lots of entertainment. Listening to the song "Blackout" by Breathe Carolina she could've sworn they were saying "I'm an old black cow" instead of "I won't blackout." lol

I thought it was " I won't back down". My co-workers informed me I was wrong while I was singing it at work.
  • flab2sixpack
    Options
    When I was younger I thought the part that seperates the road, in the middle, was the meridian (it's median).

I would read the fish mahi-mahi as ma-hi-hi... my buddy still tells the story of me ordering "ma-hi-hi" at Red Lobster 8+ years ago!
  • rebecky27
    Options
    Hollaback Girl - loved the song, the beat, and being a cheer coach - loved that it resembeled a cheer format. Funny, I've never heard the term "Hollaback girl" as a cheer coach though...and the first few times I heard the song, I was confused why she kept saying "I ain't no Harlem Black Girl" and was deciding to not like the song because of it...until I found out it was Hollaback Girl!! LOL!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,678 Member
    Options
    There's a line in Sick Puppies' "The Pretender" that goes, "No one gets beyond this mask." The first time I heard it, I thought they said, "No one gets pee on this mask."
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

Omg, I was cracking up reading this. My husband had to see what was so funny. He was rolling! What a great story to have.