Not what you thought it was............

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
So my fiance and I were sitting around talking and he said the word Mancho and I was thinking .....Mancho what the hell is that. He says Mancho you know like Mancho Mancho man I wanna be a Mancho man (Village People) I think I almost peed myself. I said have you always thought it was Mancho? Well yes for the last 40 years he thought it was Mancho. Then I realized and this is purely my brother fault for messing with me but he told me LED meant little electronic device, I took that to college with me. That was an embarrassing day in class. What is something that you thought was one thing only to later find out it was another?

Replies

• katatak1
    katatak1 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    "Sweet dreams are made of cheese"
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    I totally thought sheep were girl goats until I was in high school! Everyone still makes fun of me for that!!!
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    When I was little I used to sing Rudolp the red nosed reindeer: "............then one froggy Chrismas Eve" and always wondered what frogs had to do with it. (was raised speaking French and only knew a little bit of English, just enough to sing songs) I also sang: "I'm bringing home a white Christmas".
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    "Sweet dreams are made of cheese"
    Actually, my dreams are made of cheese too...
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    my husband thought this:

"Blinded by the light/ revved up like a DOUCHE.... I had to explain to him what a Douse was. :) He still sings it this way for a laugh.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, I used to think Red Lobster was actually Green Lobster (I think I just hated the color red too much..)
  • daphnev71
    Options
    I thought pimentos were a natural part of a green olive...
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    my husband thought this:

"Blinded by the light/ revved up like a DOUCHE.... I had to explain to him what a Douse was. :) He still sings it this way for a laugh.

....Those aren't the words?!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    my husband thought this:

I thought so to. Wow, you learn something everyday. What is a Douse anyway?
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    my husband thought this:

OMG...this is me! Tell your Hubby he isn't alone!
    P.S. The song totally says 'douche' not deuce...hahaha I can hear it in the song I tell ya...haha
  • Amberflame
    Amberflame Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts were baby cabbages :laugh:
  • bmxpop
    bmxpop Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    "'Scuse me, while I kiss this guy...." - Jimi Hendrix
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    my husband thought this:
    LOL I thought that was the right words too!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    my husband thought this:

It's 'DEUCE'....not 'douse'...lol
  • SmallerBecky
    Options
    I thought the expression was "for all intensive purposes" instead of "for all intents and purposes" until just a few years ago! And then I just about DIED of laughter when, on 30 Rock a couple weeks ago, there was a line of "idiots" picketing outside and Denise Richards was standing in it and she said "for all intensive purposes!" with a proud jut of her chin!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    my husband thought this:

OMG...this is me! Tell your Hubby he isn't alone!
    P.S. The song totally says 'douche' not deuce...hahaha I can hear it in the song I tell ya...haha

Me to hahaha will be stuck in my head all day
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    "There's a Bad Moon On The Rise" by CCR was "There's a bathroom on the right" to me
  • zasiiniya
    zasiiniya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I told a friend that my sister was "pesto-vegetarian" when I meant pescetarian (doesn't eat meat except seafood).
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!
  • fozzie500
    fozzie500 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    watching the news when i was about 7 or 8 or so,they where talking about guerillas fighting in the middle east/europe somewhere,i thought there was an army of silverback mountain gorillas fighting it's way to england,gave me nightmares for months.it was much later when i realised they were two seperate words.