Not what you thought it was............

Options

Replies

• Mazza4011
    Mazza4011 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Loving the replies so far.

For years I thought Madonna was singing When you see her, say a prayer and kiss your *kitten* goodbye. I'm British, and was shocked at the BBC for playing it on the radio. Doh :blushing:
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

OMG, I spit out my tea! THAT is a RIOT!
  • chloepatra
    chloepatra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    "Lay Down Sally" was "Way Down South" to me for a while.
  • timmomo
    Options
    My brother in law was told from a very young age that pork rinds were actually called Piggy Poofs. I think it's fitting though. Tee hee.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My husband thought the line in "Oh Holy Night" was "round, young virgin". We have laughed about that every year. He is not the only person who thinks this apparently. LOL!

Well I just learned something knew, that's what I thought too! =P
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    My husband thought the line in "Oh Holy Night" was "round, young virgin". We have laughed about that every year. He is not the only person who thinks this apparently. LOL!

is that not what it is?!
  • stefanieanne14
    stefanieanne14 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

"Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

This. Is. Amazing.
  • a_acosta80
    Options
    My husband would sing 2Pacs California love. " California, No doubt about it' Instead of California, knows how to party.

He was so embarrassed when I pointed it out.., LOL
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I thought the expression was "for all intensive purposes" instead of "for all intents and purposes" until just a few years ago! And then I just about DIED of laughter when, on 30 Rock a couple weeks ago, there was a line of "idiots" picketing outside and Denise Richards was standing in it and she said "for all intensive purposes!" with a proud jut of her chin!

^ Me too!!!
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....

I WAS APPALLED!

OMG I SO HAD TO LAUGH AT THIS.... my boyfriend uses this term all the time, unfortunatly we work togther and i have to hear his potty mouth in the warehouse, lol love it
  • Reasie26
    Reasie26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Take me down to the" very last city" where the grass is green and the girls are pretty....

...Aren't those the lyrics?

My question, too!!!!!!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....

I WAS APPALLED!

OMG!!! I almost peed myself!!
    I was jokingly referred to as "Daddy Tea Bag" for months after that.

Actually laughed out loud at "Daddy Tea Bag" ... I'm sorry
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

is that not what it is?!

. Silent night! Holy night!
    All is calm, all is bright,
    Round yon Virgin Mother and Child!
    Holy Infant, so tender and mild,
    Sleep in heavenly peace!
    Sleep in heavenly peace!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    Take me down to the" very last city" where the grass is green and the girls are pretty....

...Aren't those the lyrics?

My question, too!!!!!!

pretty sure it's paradise city
  • luvgreen25
    Options
    Tea Bagging. Funniest. Story. EVER!

people at work think I'm crazy for laughing uncontrollably for seemingly no reason.

Going through this thread, I'm laughing uncontrollably at work. One of the VPs just walked past and shook his head. :laugh:
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Is it just me, or does Elton John's "Tiny Dancer" sound like "Hold me closer, Tony Danza!" ?? :laugh:
    Also, when I was really young, my grandma would fix her cracked fingernails with super glue. But she called it her "nail glue". So, for years, I thought there was a special glue for your fingernails. It wasn't until I was in my 20's that my mom told me it was super glue! lol Silly grammy!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options

This past Christmas my mother and I were talking about the lyrics to 'Silent Night' too!! LOL
    She thought it was round young virgin too! LOL It's actually YON, not young...lol
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....

I WAS APPALLED!

OMG!!! I almost peed myself!!
    I was jokingly referred to as "Daddy Tea Bag" for months after that.

Actually laughed out loud at "Daddy Tea Bag" ... I'm sorry

I almost just died reading this! haha
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

This past Christmas my mother and I were talking about the lyrics to 'Silent Night' too!! LOL
    She thought it was round young virgin too! LOL It's actually YON, not young...lol

Round YOUNG virgin makes more sense lol :tongue:
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....

I WAS APPALLED!

Oh my goodness, thank you for sharing! This gave my co-workers and I a few much needed, whole hearted belly laughs. Thanks for brightening our day just a bit :)