Not what you thought it was............

Options

Replies

• VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    When I first met (now) my very good buy friend, I jokingly took his sammich and he said "I will freakin donkey punch you!" i was like "woah, that's kinda inappropriate (sp?) there buddy!" And he was like "what, I just mean I'll punch you in the stomach".....I let him think that was what it meant for a while before finally correcting him....

he still threatens to donkey punch me
  • tamerkins2
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

BAHAHAHAHAHA!! This one had me rolling!!!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

"Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

That is so funny, your son will never live that one down. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mamasasa
    mamasasa Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....

I WAS APPALLED!

LMFAO - I have tears in my eyes....That is soooooo funny!
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    "'Scuse me, while I kiss this guy...." - Jimi Hendrix

It does sound like he is saying that, I actually laughed out loud when I read this. That is great.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    "Revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night". ... The word deuce, in both the Springsteen and Earth Band versions, refers to a 1932 model Ford.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    my husband thought this:

"Blinded by the light/ revved up like a DOUCHE.... I had to explain to him what a Douse was. :) He still sings it this way for a laugh.

OMG...this is me! Tell your Hubby he isn't alone!
    P.S. The song totally says 'douche' not deuce...hahaha I can hear it in the song I tell ya...haha

Springsteen wrote it as "deuce" as in the hot rod. However, when it was recorded (and made big) by MME's band, they did in fact sing "douche"...

at least that is what Springsteen said in an interview at one time.... if you listen to the original (Bruce's) version - it was "deuce"
    Ah, that makes sense. I've listened to that song many times, trying to hear "deuce" but it is definitely "douche"!
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    How about another CCR hit , have you ever seen " Loraine " instead of have you ever seen the rain ....
  • melbelle32
    melbelle32 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    CSI theme song "Who are you, who, who" My mom always thought it was "New Orleans, New uu, new uuu"

HAHAH we still pick on her
  • HeatherScottTN
    HeatherScottTN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I totally thought sheep were girl goats until I was in high school! Everyone still makes fun of me for that!!!

THIS MADE ME SMILE!!! You can't help it if you were not a country girl! and sheep are pretty darn cute...so maybe they should have been GIRL Goats :-) Happy Friday!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I always heard "dirty deeds and the Dunder Chief" instead of "done dirt cheap". Even now that I know the right lyrics, I still sing Dunder Chief, because it's more fun.

I had a friend who thought it was dirty jeans and dungarees lol!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    In Me and Bobby McGee I always thought she was saying "windshield wipers, turpentine"
    That's what I thought all my life. I only realized it about a month ago, and now I've forgotten what the real words are.
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, also around age 5. From the movie Flashdance...The song says 'Take your passion and make it happen' and I used to sing "So take your pants off and make it happen"
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....

I WAS APPALLED!

fantastic story....
  • Massageu2
    Options
    I though sweet dreams were made of cheese-cake!
  • lmhubbard
    lmhubbard Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My husband thought the line in "Oh Holy Night" was "round, young virgin". We have laughed about that every year. He is not the only person who thinks this apparently. LOL!
  • chloepatra
    chloepatra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I thought the expression was "for all intensive purposes" instead of "for all intents and purposes" until just a few years ago! And then I just about DIED of laughter when, on 30 Rock a couple weeks ago, there was a line of "idiots" picketing outside and Denise Richards was standing in it and she said "for all intensive purposes!" with a proud jut of her chin!

I just learned something new. OMG - I have always thought that was the phrase. :blushing:
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    This thread is hilarious...

When I was little, I used to sing: ''Dancing queen, Feel the beat from the tangerine, oh yeah'' (Now I know it's tambourine, lol)
  • Lasityttö
    Lasityttö Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Funeral of Hearts by HIM
    It actually is: "Love's the funeral of hearts / - - / - - / on flowers of evil in bloom"
    How I heard it as a teenager: "Just a few more of hearts / - - / - - / flies of evil in blue"
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I saw a banner in Ottawa that the Rideau Cannal was officially Guiness certified. I thought it meant that they could now serve Guiness while people skated... no, it meant the the Guiness book of world records had certified it as the world's longest outdoor skating rink. My ex never let me live that one down...