Not what you thought it was............

Options

Replies

• L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    He says Mancho you know like Mancho Mancho man I wanna be a Mancho man (Village People)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Now that I've heard this story, the song will always be 'Mancho' Man to me too. This had me laughing out loud. :laugh: :sad: Laughing to tears.

Great thread. I am dying from laughing still...:glasses:
  • Churble
    Churble Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    In Me and Bobby McGee I always thought she was saying "windshield wipers, turpentine"
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    "There's a Bad Moon On The Rise" by CCR was "There's a bathroom on the right" to me

:laugh: Totally thought this myself!!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse soap and sleigh lmbo !
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    "I tell you to end your life I wish I could but I'm too late."

Rather than

"I'd tell you to enjoy life, I wish I could but I'm too late." Paranoid by Black Sabbath.
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I once overheard my roommate (on her cell phone) tell someone that they'd better watch out, or they would "reap the percussions" (aka. repercussions) of their actions. I stopped her, asking "Do you realize you just told someone they would harvest drum sets?"
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago"

:laugh: :noway: DOH!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Not me, but.. When we were younger, one of my brothers was talking about mad cow disease while we were eating hamburgers for dinner. My sister goes, "Well we don't have to worry about that tonight, we're eating hamburgers."
    My mom says, "what do you think the patties are made of?"
    "Ham."
    Brussel Sprouts were baby cabbages :laugh:

Hmmm. My uncle told me they were baby turtles wrapped in lettuce... Either way, they taste like an ashtray, so I stay away.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    "There's a Bad Moon On The Rise" by CCR was "There's a bathroom on the right" to me

I thought it was "there's a bad mood on the rise"

how about..."i wanna rock and roll all niiiiight...and part of every day!" gotta leave some room for sleep!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I thought muscle weighed more than fat.
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I thought muscle weighed more than fat.

.... and I thought water was only one thing !
  • savage22hp
    Options
    Take me down to the" very last city" where the grass is green and the girls are pretty....
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    The song "She's a Brick House" by the Commodores....I thought for years they were saying "she's a brick...Ouch!"
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Mr Roboto Don't know where he got to.. Domo Eragato? I died of embarrassment when I heard the right way to say it.
  • savage22hp
    Options
    I purposely mess with my kids by singing the songs they listen to wrong ..... I through my hands up in the air sometimes sayin' eh ho , where'd my hands go .......
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Take me down to the" very last city" where the grass is green and the girls are pretty....

...Aren't those the lyrics?
  • Bexx435
    Bexx435 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    When we were little my dad would listen to Air Supply and he told us the lyrics in the song "Making love out of nothing at all" said 'like a bacon burger ever so bright'.... I always wondered how bacon burgers were bright. Turns out they're not. It was really 'like a beacon burning ever so bright'.
  • savage22hp
    Options

...Aren't those the lyrics?

Paradise City
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

OMG!!! I almost peed myself!!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Haha I totally thought it was Douche too instead of Deuce! learn something new everyday!

Until I was like 10/12... I used to call CONDO'S, CONDOMS!... My mom just kept letting me do it in public too because she didn't want to explain to me what Condoms were... :/

When my sister was in high school she asked at the dinner table what Promiscuous meant... my parents told her... then she yells "oh no! I thought it meant ornery! I just told Nick Hanson I was feeling Promiscuous today at school!"