Not what you thought it was............

Options

Replies

• wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I have two....that song "Hang On Sloopy" by the McCoys? When I was little, I'd always sit in the backseat and belt out what I thought it was: "HANG ON STUPID, STUPID HANG ON!!!"

I always thought it sounded like "Hang on, Snoopy". lol
  • Churble
    Churble Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My husband thought the line in "Oh Holy Night" was "round, young virgin". We have laughed about that every year. He is not the only person who thinks this apparently. LOL!

is that not what it is?!

. Silent night! Holy night!
    All is calm, all is bright,
    Round yon Virgin Mother and Child!
    Holy Infant, so tender and mild,
    Sleep in heavenly peace!
    Sleep in heavenly peace!

I thought that for years, wasn't until I joined a chorus and got a lyric sheet that I found out I was wrong.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Now watergate does not bother me..

I always thought it was "a one eyed gay does not bother me." the song never made sense and then when I heard it the right way i felt so ridiculous..
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Two things.

Me: Billy Squier's 80's hit: My Kind of Lover . I thought was My Candleabra!

My 9 yr old son: The Rolling Stones "Hot Stuff" was playing on the radio in the car. He says to me, "This song makes me hungry!". Why would it make you hungry? "Because they keep saying Pasta! Pasta!".

To this day I always here that song as "Pasta"
  • laurenkoszola
    laurenkoszola Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Sir Mixalot's "Baby Got Back", I always thought it was rumpelstiltsken instead of rumpo smoothskin!!! LMAO
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Sir Mixalot's "Baby Got Back", I always thought it was rumpelstiltsken instead of rumpo smoothskin!!! LMAO

OMG me too. Up until 1 minute ago.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    It took me hours to convince my ex it was In a Godda Da Vida and not In the garden of Eden lol
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

OMG me too. Up until 1 minute ago.

Ditto
  • Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

That is so funny, your son will never live that one down. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How bad is this -- I've never heard of this, so I actually had to Google It. YIKES. I'm never doing THAT again -- wait, GOOGLING it, not DOING it. :blushing: Whew.

I'm just gonna shut up now. :huh:

I had to ask my 15 yr old son!!!!!
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My younger brother used to sing " I'm a cemetery kind of guy baby baby" instead of Semi charmed kind of life baby baby" (Third Eye Blind)
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Go to YouTube and type in misheard lyrics , but not at work 'cause I was just rolling in the floor . There's one on there that plays the song and puts the misheard lyrics up while the song is playing that I had to stop several times to wipe my eyes and blow my nose .

Sorry I can't post the link .
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

This is HORRIBLE AND HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! Your poor son! :laugh: ;)
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I had to ask my 15 yr old son!!!!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I'm not the ONLY one.
  • Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It actually was the garden of eden, but by the time everyone got back to the house, he was so drunk and sang it to them like that, and they liked it so much that they kept it
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    One afternoon I told my fiance that we needed to go shopping for our wedding bands.
    He looked at me dumbfounded and then said: "Where do you wear a wedding band? On your head? Thought only women wore those?"

I started to laugh uncontrollably but managed to shake my head no...

He then asked if it was maybe an arm band? LOL

To this day I can't help but laugh...haha

He had never heard the term wedding band!!
    So I had to explain that it was another term for 'Wedding ring'....lol
  • Chsayer
    Chsayer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's from an old Simpsons episode. :)
  • Reasie26
    Reasie26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    my brother thought that when a man got a vas. they cut his balls off... he's 27 and I just convinced him he was wrong lol

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!
  • Audddua
    Audddua Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I always heard "dirty deeds and the Dunder Chief" instead of "done dirt cheap". Even now that I know the right lyrics, I still sing Dunder Chief, because it's more fun.

:laugh: I thought it was, "dirty deeds and the thunder chief... I didn't get corrected until college.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    A coworker told me that when she first met her husband he called his underwear panties................he didn't know that panties was a term just for women LOL , she broke him of that real quick. I asked if english was his first language and she said yea born and raised in va lol
  • Chsayer
    Chsayer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I never new (until about 5 years ago) that block buster blue logo was a torn movie stub. My wife never new why they gave crowns out at burger king. :laugh: