Not what you thought it was............

Options

Replies

• Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I thought mice were the reason there were holes in cheese. thank you cartoons!

ROTFLMBO! I love this so much! haha :bigsmile:
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I was reading DH some of these posts & he said he was a teenager before he knew chili didn't just come from cans. LOL
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i thought unicorns where real and reindeer were mythical creatures.

i also was convinced dinosaurs would come back to life at any moment as a young child, and would check the house on the regular basis to make sure there were none hiding in the closet, shower, ect.

i was a weird kid though. 9-9 so this doesn't really surprise or embarrass me.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I thought mice were the reason there were holes in cheese. thank you cartoons!

ROTFLMBO! I love this so much! haha :bigsmile:

so..did it. O-O
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    "Sweet dreams are made of cheese"
    hehe no, they are made of LEAVES! :-)

What? Their not? Oh, thats awkward. :embarassed:
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My whole life I thought that people use sourcream to make thr food colder. Like when pancakes or soup is too hot u add sourcream... I didn't know it was for taste;))
  • jenavuave
    Options
    Heimlich Remover......until i wrote a paper using that term and my English teacher pulled me aside after class, corrected me and then laughed for 10 minutes. i laughed too....with embarressment
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    The agency I work for hired an Ombudsman a few years ago. I disagreed with a lot of his decisions, so for months I was complaining to my husband about "The Ombudsman."

About 6 months later I saw this guy at the mall and pointed him out to my husband. My husband replied "That's Leon?" I'm like "who is Leon??? what are you talking about.???" Turn out this whole time he thought I was complaining about a person named Leon Budsman.
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It's "Mares eat oats, does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy" !
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    We were at my sister's 21st birthday party, and everyone had a good buzz on. The song "Humpty Hump" comes on, and on the dancefloor, my mom starts hopping like a bunny... My sister and I asked her what on earth she was doing, and she told us she was doing the "Hoppity Hop", like the song! I laughed so hard I spit out my beer!
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I used to work at a daycare in the 90s when the Backstreet boys were extremely popular.
    One day I walked into another classroom and there were a group of 5 year old girls dancing and singing...

"You're the one for me, you're my extra C"....

One of the teachers started to correct them. I told her leave it, no point in trying to explain "ecstasy" to 5 year olds if you want to keep your job.

to this day, I can't hear that song without singing - you're my extra c.
  • anastasiawildflower
    Options
    I have so many. My husband always makes fun of me.

When I was a kid, growing up in Florida, I somehow confused flamingos and penguins, and would tell people about all the penguins we had in Florida when visiting family up north.

The song- too late to apologize always sounds like , "it's too late to call the judge."
    I'm serious. Listen to it.

My boss is my favorite person though. She is a little Jewish woman who says the darnedest things. I had to hold my breath the day when she opened the oven (we work at a bakery), which had bread in it, and she yells, "Mmmm... I'm getting quite the facial here!" I am very certain customers could her. She always says dirty things without knowing it.

Just thought of something else from my childhood. Mind you my mom was a single mother and we watched chick flicks together. It wasn't until I got the question wrong on the geography quiz that I learned that Seattle is not the city the never sleeps. Thanks Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

thanks for the laugh.......omg funniest one I read yet!!
  • anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    When I was a kid, I always thought that the lyrics "secret agent man" was "secret asian man". I always imagined some really handsome asian man in a suit doing spy stuff. I was a strange child.
    That's what I thought it was, too. Couldn't understand how he kept it a secret that he was Asian.

rofl!!
  • anastasiawildflower
    Options
    I also have a problem with name associations. If they sound similar, they get mixed up easily. If I watched two movies recently, I can mix up which ones are who. Terribly fun form of dyslexia. My husband and I were at the bar grabbing a drink before dinner at the parents. Mind you, I hadn't even finished my first beer. We were talking about Cuba and the conversation went something like this.

Him: Besides, if they really hated living in Cuba they could just swim over.
    Me: (deadpan stare) Yeah, that worked out real great for Emilio Estevez
    --silence and staring--
    Him: I don't think he's Cuban, but he was great in the Mighty Ducks
    Me: :uncontrollable laughter:
    Him: You were thinking of that little boy in Florida, weren't you
    Me: Shut up! Yes! Elian Gonzalez!

Also at a party recently, some friends and I were talking about changing our names and I blurted out, I would like to be named, Orangejello, spelled like Lemon Jello. And everyone just stared awkwardly at me. It was pretty fantastic.
  • KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    So that Usher song "Yeah" has ALWAYS made me wonder. I have always heard it says "like a sole condom, I had you coming" But instead the lyrics are: I got so caught up, I forgot she told me" Sigh.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    watching the news when i was about 7 or 8 or so,they where talking about guerillas fighting in the middle east/europe somewhere,i thought there was an army of silverback mountain gorillas fighting it's way to england,gave me nightmares for months.it was much later when i realised they were two seperate words.

hahaha :laugh:
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    hahahahhahahahahah, lmao
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    My mom calls Mrs. Doubtfire..........Mrs. Goodfellow. Not sure why , always has and always will lol.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    "'Scuse me, while I kiss this guy...." - Jimi Hendrix

Hahaha!! Same with me! I always make sure to sing that part out extra loud!!!