Not what you thought it was............

Options

Replies

• princessmedic
    Options
    Haha! I had a friend who thought brown chickens had the dark meat and white chickens had the white meat!
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I always heard "dirty deeds and the Dunder Chief" instead of "done dirt cheap". Even now that I know the right lyrics, I still sing Dunder Chief, because it's more fun.

My brother sings" dirty dee and the thunder cheifs "
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    These are great! Let's see...

I used to work on a farm, and it took me a while to get used to the different greens- green lettuce vs romaine vs bibb vs kale etc... I had worked there for about a week when I noticed some weird, rolled up lettuce balls. Confused, I picked it up and asked my boss, "what the hell kind of lettuce is this?" She stared at me for a second and then said, "Kate, that's a cabbage." Everyone within earshot just about pee'd themselves laughing. :blushing:

wait...cabbage and lettuce heads are two different things 0.o ...
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    As a child I always thought a Blue Oyster Cult song sang "Don't fear the reefer" Instead of the correct lyrics "Baby don't fear the reaper." Have no idea why, and it kind of stuck. My mom has been known to correct me many times over it.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    she said ummm no the QU sounds like QW, you know like Queen.
    Way too many Q in that post...
  • Asces
    Asces Posts: 182
    Options
    I had two:
    1) I thought grilled cheese sandwiches were called girl cheese sandwiches
    2) all the talk of Quebec wanting to separate from Canada... I thought for sure they would just be cut out of Canada and float away somewhere
  • Murlin54
    Murlin54 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

Best one yet! haha I did something similar when I was a teen, or maybe about 20. I told a joke I thought was funny but I had no clue what it meant. It was, "save a tree, eat a beaver". I told it in mixed company. I had no IDEA what it meant. I thought it was literally what it said. Open mouth, insert foot.

When I was a kid, a younger family friend used to sing the Beatles song, Eight Days a Week, only she thought it was "We say Louise".
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I thought when someone died in a movie or on tv that they really died, and I thought oh god why would anyone want to be an actor. lol
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My mom has plenty, but my favorite is probably her rendition of Aerosmith's "Do the Lucky Lady" :)
  • RobDelco
    Options
    The lyrics to that song Blinded By the Light. You know what I mean lol.
  • Windchanger
    Options
    I totally thought sheep were girl goats until I was in high school! Everyone still makes fun of me for that!!!

Haha, this is too funny
  • seven8nine
    Options
    : Thought it was wind shield factor, not wind chill factor- thought they could tell how cold it was by how iced over the windshield was :embarassed:
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    the Gwen Stephaine song ' I ain't no Holler back girl" I thought it was " I ain't no harlem FAT girl" hahaha
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I thought mice were the reason there were holes in cheese. thank you cartoons!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Growing up my friend thought "My progrative" was "My pocketbook"
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    When I was about 15 we called people that were in gangs "gang-bangers". I had a friend that started hanging out with one of the gangs in town so I decided not to hang out with her any more. My mom asked me at Christmas why she hadn't seen the one friend any more. I told her "Well she became a gang-banger and I just don't want to be around that". Everyone at the dinner table stopped and stared at me in midchew. My mom asked me what I said so I explained she was hanging out with a local gang. You could hear the collective sigh go around the table.
    It wasn't until I got to college that I figured out why everyone was in shock that I mentioned my exfriend was a gang banger.
  • saraann752003
    Options
    The song Right Thurr... yeah, I thought it was "I like the way you do it like Vern."...
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I got this one wrong twice as a kid....

I was sure the Rolling Stones were singing "Hey! You! Get off of my crowd"

It didn't make any sense to me, so I listened closer and was so proud when I decided they were actually singing

"Hey! You! Get off of my clown"

Still didn't make sense, but I was so happy I figured out I had it wrong. Took many more years before i learned it was "my cloud"
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: My take on the classic Christmas song is - "Round yon BURDENS mother & child"

LOL, I thought this for most of my middle school to teenage years until someone finally told me different.
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    "DIRTY JEANS UNDER CHEAP" - instead of dirty deeds done dirt cheap