Not what you thought it was............

Options

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I love how everyone is blaming a friend, parent or child for misheard things....

I have always...er...I mean my friend has always thought it was "check it out now, funk so rubber" instead of "funk soul brother" from Fat Boy Slims "Funk Soul Brother" :blushing:
  • ozzra8
    ozzra8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My husband thought the line in "Oh Holy Night" was "round, young virgin". We have laughed about that every year. He is not the only person who thinks this apparently. LOL!

it isn't?
  • ozzra8
    ozzra8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend didn't know until just recently when I added it to my ipod that "Stir it up" by Bob Marley was not actually "Still the one" - he still sings it like that.
    I thought it was get serious. lil darling get serious.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    "I saw the sun, and it opened up my eyes I saw the sun..."

That was super fun and embarrassing when I sang it loudly on a hike on a contiki-esque tour. Got lots of laughs, lol

Oh and funny was when my Mum told us that if we crossed our eyes, they would stay that way. Years later we were joking about the lies she had told us growing up. I mentioned that one. And she said, "Wait, but isn't that true?!"
  • Neigh2012
    Neigh2012 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oh, my mother hears things wrong quite often and provides lots of entertainment. Listening to the song "Blackout" by Breathe Carolina she could've sworn they were saying "I'm an old black cow" instead of "I won't blackout." lol
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

sooooo.... humor me, what is tea-bagging?
    Options
    when I was in 6th grade studying the civil war, I literally thought that the north and south "SPLIT" . like the earthquake that swallowed up the disobedient isrealites when Moses came down from the mountain!!! and I couldn't figure out for bean how they got the 2 parts back together, cause then when I studies plate tectonics... it didn't fit!!! :noway:
    Options
    okay, all you oldies but goodies out there, how many of you sang, (phonetics... I don't speak french...) vu le pu pu shay... and had no clue what you where asking for?!?!?!?:laugh:
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....

I WAS APPALLED!
    sooooo.... humor me, what is tea-bagging?

Um, I'll send you a PM. I can't think of any way to describe it that wouldn't violate the TOC for posting on the boards.
  • Misti76
    Misti76 Posts: 37
    Options
    These are too funny!

When I was in Jr. High, my family & I were eating dinner at a restaurant when "Bust a Move" came on. I was singing along & the part came on that said "You say "neato"... check your libido And roll to the church in your new tuxedo". My parents, shocked at what I was saying, asked if I knew what "libido" meant. In all my adolescent wisdom, said, "Yes! It's a sports car!". They still tease me about that.

In high school I dated a guy who was a couple of years younger than me. He seriously thought that girls peed out of their butts because we sit down to pee. I don't know that I've ever laughed that hard.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    when I was little I called myself a human bean. :)

and when my husband first came to this country, his mother bought him and his brother a childrens sing a long tape, and he would sing the wrong words for "oh my darling clementine":

You were lost and gone forever
    Prepul sorry
    clementine.

(instead of dreadful sorry)
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I always thought "I just wanna wish you well" was "I just want a wishing well"!! And Summer of 69 went "When I got my first real sex dream"
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    My mate used to sing "Hey, Mr Tangerine Man', instead of Tambourine Man.

I've thought lots of stupid stuff at times. I remember talking about our cat at secondary school, and saying it had been 'spade' and really not knowing what that meant- I got properly teased about that because I literally thought it had something to do with a spade!

When I was younger, I also talked about giving someone a 'blow job'- i blew the nail varnish dry on her fingertips. my family have not let me live that one down.
  • SilverStrychnine
    Options
    "hold me close i'm tired of dancing" hahahah. i can't believe i thought those were the lyrics "hold me close, my tiny dancer"

I know someone else who thought it was "Hold me closer, Tony Danza"
  • SilverStrychnine
    Options
    My younger brother used to sing " I'm a cemetery kind of guy baby baby" instead of Semi charmed kind of life baby baby" (Third Eye Blind)

I would totally date a "Cemetery kind of guy" cos I'm a cemetery kind of girl! :wink:
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I thought dmx was just a rapper till I became a lighting technician... It's actually digital multiplex.
  • Andaw
    Andaw Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My ex mother-in-law told us that she went to see 'Drastic Park' at the cinema!!!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • Andaw
    Andaw Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    my brother thought that when a man got a vas. they cut his balls off... he's 27 and I just convinced him he was wrong lol

wait a min.....so there not supposed to....I need to call my lawyer.....
  • ladye1974
    ladye1974 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    "Thunder road and the lightning strikes"

Garth Brooks song

Road? Road? How does that even make sense? My husband died when I first sang that song with those lyrics.