Eat as natural as possible!!!

Options
nas24
nas24 Posts: 880 Member
I'm telling you that is the BEST key to loosing weight. I notice that if i try my hardest to eat as fresh as possible, less things from a box or packaged (processed) the better. I still eat things from a package, i know how hard it can be, but i hope to one day rarely get anything out the middle of the store (to eat) and eat 100% natural. In the last week i have focused on just this one tip and lost 2lbs right off the back.

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Calories in Calories out.

It is the BEST key to good health though :drinker:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you! Cooking everything from scratch is the best way to loose weight, and everything to be fresh. Keep going! X
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options

So mcdonalds is ok?
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I tried to eat as cleanly as possible, but it was a bit too boring for me. So I'm about 60/40 "clean"/processed
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

that's kind of a myth. it works for the most part but if you're eating only crap, it really won't get all the weight off you. they have to be SMART calories
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Though I fall short, this is the ideal I strive toward.
    ALL NATURAL!
    Nothing but whole foods; if man makes it, don't eat it.
    Options

that's kind of a myth. it works for the most part but if you're eating only crap, it really won't get all the weight off you. they have to be SMART calories

Nope. Plenty of people on here and prove it true. Laws of thermodynamics
  • nichole913
    nichole913 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! Started eating Primal a few weeks ago, cooking all my food, as little processed as possible. The weight is coming off steadily and I feel great.
    Options

So mcdonalds is ok?

If you would like then sure. Can still result in weight loss
    Optimum health eh different story
  • phatgirl30
    Options

• whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Clean Eating Magazine is a great recipe resource.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

What proportion of crap can I still eat? B/c a lot of people think my diary is pretty crappy and I'm doin' alright.... Maybe I need to figure out what percentage of my food is crap so people will have a guideline to go by...... LOL

Now I will agree that people with cleaner diets probably have better health indicators and less risk factors for various diseases, but weightloss is all about the calories.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I tried to eat as cleanly as possible, but it was a bit too boring for me. So I'm about 60/40 "clean"/processed

Spice it up with different seasonings and ways of cooking.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

I eat like crap every single day. lol however I think if I'm just falling back to old habits.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Yep, see it in plenty of diaries. Bet they aren't *nearly* as satisfied as those that eat "cleaner", I know I didn't when I was squeezing in McDonalds....
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

True. You can eat total crap, but if you're eating less calories than you're burning, you'll lose weight. You might wind up with a heart condition or something, but you'll be skinny. The best thing for your HEALTH though, is to eat clean and unprocessed foods full of nutrients, not chemicals and preservatives.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Calories in calories out is true, but on the flip side, the less processed food you eat, the better your body burns. You don't get all the crappy carbs and sodium which can make it difficult to lose weight.
    Options

What proportion of crap can I still eat? B/c a lot of people think my diary is pretty crappy and I'm doin' alright.... Maybe I need to figure out what percentage of my food is crap so people will have a guideline to go by...... LOL

Me too! I try to eat healthy to be healthy as possible and hit my micros and such. But I did eat some cookies for breakfast at like 4 am LOL and my abs are poking through ^-^

Just point out that for weight lose it is not the key to losing weight. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing.

BUT op great for you!!I do prefer to eat a lot like that too :D
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options

Now I will agree that people with cleaner diets probably have better health indicators and less risk factors for various diseases, but weightloss is all about the calories.

Eat any thing you want just stay in a calorie deficit and you will still lose weight... Macro ratios are really irrelevant when it comes to losing weight.
  • DEGiltz
    DEGiltz Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I agree. Stay away from the "boxes" as much as possible. I heard it said that if you really wanted to eat healthy, shop the outside aisles in the grocery store; stay away from the inner aisles as much as possible. Think about it ... true at least for the grocery stores I've been to.