Black Team Challenge Week 14

Options

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    :frown: We'll be thinking of you Sara. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Ok sam- damn you and this challenge. I felt dead today and still went to the gym About 5 mins in I just didnt have it in me. My body was yelling NO. but thanks to you and this damn challenge I managed to stick with it for 35 mins. I'm going to bed....:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

:flowerforyou:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be MIA for a few days. I'll try to peek in once in awhile, but my hubby's G.ma died this morning so I'm staying off the computer since he's going to be home & we have some stuff for the funeral to do.

Gonna miss you! :heart:

Your family is in my thoughts!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Ok sam- damn you and this challenge. I felt dead today and still went to the gym About 5 mins in I just didnt have it in me. My body was yelling NO. but thanks to you and this damn challenge I managed to stick with it for 35 mins. I'm going to bed....:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

:flowerforyou:

I am feeling the same way. I haven't worked out yet and I know I have too. :noway: :grumble:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Okay-- I'll admit it-- I'm quirky. I have these odd things about me--

For instance-- quirky thing number one-- when I'm running, I won't stop my route until I reach a "stop" sign. So my run will never end mid-street, but always at a corner. So, my 3 mile route that I was running initially ended at the stop sign at my own little cul de sac.

However-- quirky thing number two-- if I prove to myself that I can do something once, then I won't allow myself less than that the next time. Thus it is that I began to run 3.2 miles, because I decided one night to run to the stop sign at the end of the street just off my own little cul de sac.

This all brings me to my own little "damn you Sam" moment--

BECAUSE-- as I'm nearing the end of my 3.2 mile route, I knew I had to push a bit farther, because DAMN SAM said so. So I pass my beloved stop sign, round the corner and proceed to the next one, which was only about 30 feet past, at another cross road-- lame, I thought. So, up the hill I went to the next stop sign-- the killer hill that I die on every lap--

But I made it and ran about 3.4 to 3.5-- I'll clock it tomorrow--

So, now back to quirky me and DAMN SAM-- now I have to run to that stop sign every time since I proved today that I can do it-- :grumble: :wink:

It's all your fault, Sam-- (pssst-- great challenge-- thanks!!!)

Love my team-- heading to type!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be MIA for a few days. I'll try to peek in once in awhile, but my hubby's G.ma died this morning so I'm staying off the computer since he's going to be home & we have some stuff for the funeral to do.

:heart: :heart: :heart: Sara, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Great run Marla! I think Sam has got it in for all of us this week:wink::laugh: We'll get through it though. And just think, we'll all be a little stronger for it:drinker:

Just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone, Im off to try and finish logging my food. Having some isses with it this morning, the dang thing doesnt want to let me modify/change the serving sizes. Its just dead set that I ate full servings of everything and I didnt!:grumble: Oh well, hopefully it will be back to normal in a bit. Anyone else having problems with it this morning?

Have a great Friday everyone:flowerforyou:

~Roni
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam! I felt you might need a God Bless You Sam:laugh: :laugh:

:angry: I did do more than I have ever done at the gym so far this week!!

Thanks!

Jeannie
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Okay-- I'll admit it-- I'm quirky. I have these odd things about me--

For instance-- quirky thing number one-- when I'm running, I won't stop my route until I reach a "stop" sign. So my run will never end mid-street, but always at a corner. So, my 3 mile route that I was running initially ended at the stop sign at my own little cul de sac.

However-- quirky thing number two-- if I prove to myself that I can do something once, then I won't allow myself less than that the next time. Thus it is that I began to run 3.2 miles, because I decided one night to run to the stop sign at the end of the street just off my own little cul de sac.

This all brings me to my own little "damn you Sam" moment--

BECAUSE-- as I'm nearing the end of my 3.2 mile route, I knew I had to push a bit farther, because DAMN SAM said so. So I pass my beloved stop sign, round the corner and proceed to the next one, which was only about 30 feet past, at another cross road-- lame, I thought. So, up the hill I went to the next stop sign-- the killer hill that I die on every lap--

But I made it and ran about 3.4 to 3.5-- I'll clock it tomorrow--

So, now back to quirky me and DAMN SAM-- now I have to run to that stop sign every time since I proved today that I can do it-- :grumble: :wink:

It's all your fault, Sam-- (pssst-- great challenge-- thanks!!!)

Love my team-- heading to type!

See I told you you could do it!!:heart::heart:

I know we all have it in us to go that extra step or do that extra rep at the gym. We just have to push through the I'm to tired or I just think I'm going to die if I take another step phase. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Hi Sam! I felt you might need a God Bless You Sam:laugh: :laugh:

Thanks, I think!:laugh: :bigsmile: :blushing:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

Sara, I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself and your family. We will miss you too..

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Wow, kind of quiet out there this morning.

I will most likely be MIA for a while myself. My job has gotten out of control, and my DH is looking at the possibility of a layoff..

Not having a good time lately..:sad: :sad: :sad:

Janie
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Come on ladies-- shake it off-- they mustn't be so bad-- you married 'em.

Sam-- squeeze in a run this evening-- Bobbi-- if you're placing the onus on him or anyone else to keep you going, you'll always be disappointed-- (except for our black team, that is-- )

Shake it off-- stay focused-- you're doing great!!!

Its not that I expect him to keep me going I was frustrated I couldn't go as fast.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    :heart: {{Sara}}:heart:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Wow, kind of quiet out there this morning.

I will most likely be MIA for a while myself. My job has gotten out of control, and my DH is looking at the possibility of a layoff..

Not having a good time lately..:sad: :sad: :sad:

Janie

I'm sorry to hear you and DH are having a rough time. Don't forget to take care of yourselves; I hope things start looking up for y'all soon.

Be well. *hugs*
  • Marla64
    Options
    Come on ladies-- shake it off-- they mustn't be so bad-- you married 'em.

Sam-- squeeze in a run this evening-- Bobbi-- if you're placing the onus on him or anyone else to keep you going, you'll always be disappointed-- (except for our black team, that is-- )

Shake it off-- stay focused-- you're doing great!!!

Its not that I expect him to keep me going I was frustrated I couldn't go as fast.

Yeah, I know how that is-- my husband usually laps me when we run together-- he can go faster, but I've been going farther-- so it's a trade. :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Options
    :grumble: totally off topic-- minor grumble I have to get out--

not getting why I'm expected to never get angry or express anger-- I express it, sometimes forcefully, then get over it and move on-- sometimes more forcefully than perhaps I should if TOM is approaching-- but I get it out, get over it and go on-- why is that not okay? If I hold a grudge, that's wrong-- if I spout off and then get over it I'm "Jekyll and Hyde-- "

This is so old-- I live with anger-- I live very, very angry about a lot of things, and rightfully so-- I go on choosing to be positive, cheerful and upbeat (most of the time) despite the total crap my life has become-- how is that not understood here???? I don't let the anger rule me, I go on despite it-- at times it's harder to mask, but I'm not a freaking robot!!!!!- how can that not be understood????:grumble: :grumble:

Really fed up-- sighhhhh-- tired of the BS.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled challenge--

Later, dudes!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :grumble: totally off topic-- minor grumble I have to get out--

not getting why I'm expected to never get angry or express anger-- I express it, sometimes forcefully, then get over it and move on-- sometimes more forcefully than perhaps I should if TOM is approaching-- but I get it out, get over it and go on-- why is that not okay? If I hold a grudge, that's wrong-- if I spout off and then get over it I'm "Jekyll and Hyde-- "

This is so old-- I live with anger-- I live very, very angry about a lot of things, and rightfully so-- I go on choosing to be positive, cheerful and upbeat (most of the time) despite the total crap my life has become-- how is that not understood here???? I don't let the anger rule me, I go on despite it-- at times it's harder to mask, but I'm not a freaking robot!!!!!- how can that not be understood????:grumble: :grumble:

Really fed up-- sighhhhh-- tired of the BS.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled challenge--

Later, dudes!

Well Marla, come on over and I will put on a pot of joe and we can ***** together! come on I aint that far away. Sometimes you just gotta let it go!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugz}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
  • Marla64
    Options
    Thanks, Jeannie-- it just gets old-- unless I jump up and down screaming, 'Yippee, wow" over everything I'm a *****. I'm sick of it-- I can do it most of the time, but the stress is to the boiling point sometimes-- you know?

Oh well-- I'm done complaining-- thanks for the ear.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thanks, Jeannie-- it just gets old-- unless I jump up and down screaming, 'Yippee, wow" over everything I'm a *****. I'm sick of it-- I can do it most of the time, but the stress is to the boiling point sometimes-- you know?

Oh well-- I'm done complaining-- thanks for the ear.

I remember asking my kids "Where's MY applause??" they all stood up and clapped. Boy I raised me some smarty butts!:laugh:

You'll be ok. Your a strong woman!:flowerforyou:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Marla-- I feel you!!

I got a swim with the kids at work today. Got home took the girls to get new shorts for M and then I plan on doing shred Wii Fit and a treadmill run if it cools down outside.