Black Team Challenge Week 14

Options

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Evening all,

Marla- Your more than welcome to vent lady! that's what we are here for. I'd like to think I can vent to you guys when I need to.

Everyone else- Hope you had a great day. I am about 200 miles from home in a dang hotel right now. Stupid work....:grumble: :grumble: . Anyway, I did well with the challenge being on the road I didnt feel like working out but I got down to the hotel fitness room and did my c25k... I didnt want to finish it but I did. Then I heard sam saying to push further so I did some strength work....That didnt make her and her damn challenge happy so I did 20 mins on the bike. At 1,000 calories burned I was done. I have a feeling that Marla's challenge last week combined with Sam's challenge this week will do wonders for the scale. Anyway have a great night.

On a side note to my wife if she's lurking :wink: -I miss you sooo much and I will call you in a bit.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Fooey-- ate too much this evening-- no sweets or bad foods, but just too much-- banking on exercising it off, but hubs and I went out for a cup of coffee. I wanted to run, but it's BLUSTERY and I have to get to work-- so tomorrow, I guess-- :ohwell:

We're having company tomorrow-- our best man from our wedding-- yayyyyyy-- he moved to Cinci years ago, and we haven't seen him in wayyyyyyyy too long.

Won't be on much tomorrow-- later!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options

On a side note to my wife if she's lurking :wink: -I miss you sooo much and I will call you in a bit.

Awwwww-- that's so sweet!:flowerforyou:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    So your fearless leader has a new obsession. and I am totally sure you all can see me doing this!!

I want to be a roller derby girl!! That is a new and old passion. I think I am strong enough to do it. I just need a good name. They have a team about 30 minutes from here. I might go check them out!:glasses:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    So your fearless leader has a new obsession. and I am totally sure you all can see me doing this!!

I want to be a roller derby girl!! That is a new and old passion. I think I am strong enough to do it. I just need a good name. They have a team about 30 minutes from here. I might go check them out!:glasses:

that's wicked awesome! (yes, i say wicked, i'm from mass :laugh: )

andy-(yes i call him andy even though he prefers andrew)- i miss you too, come home NOW!!!

i've been working really hard this week and am really frustrated by my weight(gained 2.5 lbs in 2 days) but i know its from TOM and i HOPE it will go down soon.

yesterday i did level 1 of the 30 day shred and didn't burn enough calories, so i thought i'd try level 2...and got through almost all of it....until my boys started fighting and screaming like monkeys on fire :explode:

so, now, i'm all alone next door to a house party (don't get me started on my neighbors) missing my hubby and wishing it was sunday:frown:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Hey black team, just wanted to say hi, I miss you guys! Fell off the wagon hard but am getting back on. Smashed my car with a deer the other morning on the way to water aerobics, did $3900 worth of damage and messed up my knee and lower back. It was great fun.

Hope you are all doing well! Wishing you all the best! :smile:
  • Marla64
    Options
    THERE YOU ARE-- come back Amanda-- get back on that wagon and come back to us-- we miss you, too!!!

Good days, bad days, horrible days-- come on, we'll beat you up if you need it, hug you when you need it-- don't give up.

Sorry about the deer-- rascally things. I hit one, too, couple years ago-- they think they own the road, don't they? :wink:

Hope you're on the mend with your knee and back--

Spring is on the way and everything will seem brighter-- you hang in there woman and stay here with us-- these people will pull you through !!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    100_0782.jpg

Okay-- so I don't have "after" pictures yet-- but check out my rearview-- I come from a long line of fat backed women like this--

I've been-- uh-- literally working my backside off. I've been doing bent rows and all sortsa stuff to lose my back fat-- hubby commented today how lean I'm getting back there specifically-- I'll share some pictures in a couple more weeks after the 5k and a couple more good weeks of eating.

You guys are all the greatest-- can't tell you how much you all mean to me!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    100_0782.jpg

Okay-- so I don't have "after" pictures yet-- but check out my rearview-- I come from a long line of fat backed women like this--

I've been-- uh-- literally working my backside off. I've been doing bent rows and all sortsa stuff to lose my back fat-- hubby commented today how lean I'm getting back there specifically-- I'll share some pictures in a couple more weeks after the 5k and a couple more good weeks of eating.

Wow Marla! You sure have come a long way! Thats amazing. I love seeing before and after pics, so inspiring:smile: Keep up the great work lady!!:flowerforyou: I hope to figure out how to get some before and now (not after because Im not done:wink: ) pics on here. The differences in me have become quite obvious too, and Im really proud of myself:blushing: But I do know how to put them in my profile album, I think I will go do that now:happy: Thank you for the inspiration this morning Marla:flowerforyou:

~Roni
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Ok so I got a couple in there, they are 2 pics of me in my jeans that I wore at 335 lbs. I am now down to 257 lbs. Quite a difference, but I promise to get better ones and figure out how to post them on here for you guys to see:blushing:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Ok so I got a couple in there, they are 2 pics of me in my jeans that I wore at 335 lbs. I am now down to 257 lbs. Quite a difference, but I promise to get better ones and figure out how to post them on here for you guys to see:blushing:

Oh my goodness Roni, I am so proud of you...that is a huge difference! Congratulations!!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

First of all I think you are just beautiful! I love your hair (hmmm wonder why:blushing: )

2nd WOW!! You are doing so GREAT! I cant believe how big those jeans are. I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    100_0782.jpg

It is funny.......all I saw was a lovely back yard with family old and young having a good day!

Youve come a long way baby:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hey black team, just wanted to say hi, I miss you guys! Fell off the wagon hard but am getting back on. Smashed my car with a deer the other morning on the way to water aerobics, did $3900 worth of damage and messed up my knee and lower back. It was great fun.

Hope you are all doing well! Wishing you all the best! :smile:

Amanda I hope your injuries are nothing serious. We dont have deer in So FL so when I go up north those signs freak me out. Dont remember where I was but I saw MOOSE sign and almost had a heart attack!

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Thanks to Sam and this challenge, I kicked some serious booty at the gym today. Did my usual strength training class, then decided to start Week 4 of C25K a little early instead of my regular aerobics class. I was a little tired, but thought of you all and hopped on the elliptical for a while. Just kept telling myself 'one more song,' and kept on rolling. Maybe I should kick my own *kitten* more often...burned a total of 984 calories in less than two hours. So, between this and last night's spin class I think I have atoned for yesterday's Red Velvet Cake Batter (from Cold Stone Creamery-heaven on a plate) and too much Friendship Bread. :bigsmile:

Amanda- Hope you are feeling better soon. I've never hit a deer, but come pretty close several times.

Marla- Look at you bringing sexy back! You should be very proud of yourself!

:heart: :heart: :heart: to all...More packing/moving/purging awaits. Have a wonderful day!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Marla – Grumble away. I think you’re positive. Especially since you set your mind to being more positive a couple weeks ago. :flowerforyou:

Andrew – Sorry you have to away from home. For the first 2 years Dave and I were dating/engaged he traveled Monday-Friday and was only home on the weekends. Luckily now he only has to do some overnights here and there. P.S. Andrew and Beth – you guys are so cute!

Sam – I can so picture you doing roller derby. Those girls can be scary and make you think they’re going to kick your @ss just like you are about our last chance workouts. :laugh: I take it you aren’t planning on using “Queen Jillian Sam” as your name. :laugh:

Amanda – Hello! Sorry about your car accident. Darn those deer!

Roni – I looked through your pictures. You are looking great!

Sara - We're thinking about you! :heart:

You guys have been on my mind so much, last night I had a dream that I won a trip to Hawaii (I wish!) and I thought, “I hope I can find a computer to tell the black team what’s going on so they don’t worry about where I am.” :laugh:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Marla – Vent away Woman, that's what we are here for.

Andrew – I thought I had a right to hate Jim working shifts. Hang in there!

Sam –I think Queen Jillian Sam would be perfect:laugh: :laugh:

Amanda – Sorry about the car and the deer. Fortunately the car can be fixed or replaced, the deer will continue to multiply but there is only one you, take of yourself.

Roni – I too looked at your pictures..WTG

Lori, I have dreams sometimes that has the Black Team in it .:laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    As I have been reading these posts I can't believe how much I missed you all! I am not sure what happened mentally but I think tiredness was a big factor with me. Little dd's seizures all still all over the place and I think I just decided I wasn't worth my own time. WRONG ATTITUE, BECAUSE I AM WORTH IT!

Sara, I love your new pic, you looks so skiiny!

Nonibug, oh my goodness, that is amazing difference in the pants size, WTG!

I have to go but will back to comment on other things, Marla, Jeannie, Shantue, Sam, Sara, Roni, Andrew, Beth, Bobbie, Janie, Loree, Nikki and for those I didn't name, have a great day!
  • Nonibug
    Options

Oh my goodness Roni, I am so proud of you...that is a huge difference! Congratulations!!!!!

Thank you:flowerforyou:
  • Nonibug
    Options

First of all I think you are just beautiful! I love your hair (hmmm wonder why:blushing: )

2nd WOW!! You are doing so GREAT! I cant believe how big those jeans are. I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work!

Thank you Jeannie:flowerforyou: I wish I was as close to my goal as you are:blushing: You have personally played a huge role in my getting this far...I just wanted you to know that:blushing: Thank you my friend:heart: