Black Team Challenge Week 14

Options

Replies

• Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    And before I run off for the day, thank you to the rest of you too for all your kind words, encouragement, great challenges, motivation and just for being here everyday. Ok I just wanted to say that too:blushing:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    So your fearless leader has a new obsession. and I am totally sure you all can see me doing this!!

I want to be a roller derby girl!! That is a new and old passion. I think I am strong enough to do it. I just need a good name. They have a team about 30 minutes from here. I might go check them out!:glasses:

Good name eh.... Ok I will need to know your home town, Your hobbies....nationality......any prior nicknames....ect Perhaps I can help you come up with something. LOL

That's awesome roller derby is such fun. I used to be involved in a bit of an unofficial co-ed roller derby. (When I was 17 I worked at Chuck E' Cheese and we used push all the tables into the center of the dinning area and have an after hours roller derby. When you got knocked into a seat of a booth it was ok but when you went head first into a table it smarts. lol I used to but on the big Chuck E' cheese character head as a helmet but that made it hard to see. lol)

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

andy-(yes i call him andy even though he prefers andrew)- i miss you too, come home NOW!!!

andy......:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Hey black team, just wanted to say hi, I miss you guys! Fell off the wagon hard but am getting back on. Smashed my car with a deer the other morning on the way to water aerobics, did $3900 worth of damage and messed up my knee and lower back. It was great fun.

Hope you are all doing well! Wishing you all the best! :smile:

Amanda!!!!!! It is wicked good to see you back! (Yes I say wicked too.)

That's some scary stuff with the Deer. I would tell my "When I hit a dear story" but I dont have one. I actually have a "When I hit SOME deer story." 80 miles per hour + two full grown deer=One demolished Volkswagen Jetta and one rattled boy. Luckily I want hurt though the state trooper though I should have died. Very nice of him to say. I hope your injuries arent too serious! I'm just glad to have you back. :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok so I got a couple in there, they are 2 pics of me in my jeans that I wore at 335 lbs. I am now down to 257 lbs. Quite a difference, but I promise to get better ones and figure out how to post them on here for you guys to see:blushing:

First of all I think you are just beautiful! I love your hair (hmmm wonder why:blushing: )

2nd WOW!! You are doing so GREAT! I cant believe how big those jeans are. I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie

Thank you Jeannie:flowerforyou: I wish I was as close to my goal as you are:blushing: You have personally played a huge role in my getting this far...I just wanted you to know that:blushing: Thank you my friend:heart:
    I actually teared up when I read this. I forget how our words of encouragement can change the day for someone. I remember when you started! You had lost some already............now you have lost 78 pounds. Roni you are awesome!

:heart:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    100_0782.jpg

Okay-- so I don't have "after" pictures yet-- but check out my rearview-- I come from a long line of fat backed women like this--

I've been-- uh-- literally working my backside off. I've been doing bent rows and all sortsa stuff to lose my back fat-- hubby commented today how lean I'm getting back there specifically-- I'll share some pictures in a couple more weeks after the 5k and a couple more good weeks of eating.

You guys are all the greatest-- can't tell you how much you all mean to me!

"Spongemarla Fatback" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just kidding! Your doing so well for yourself and with all those childrens!! Your an inspiration I tell ya! and inspiration!!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hey black team, just wanted to say hi, I miss you guys! Fell off the wagon hard but am getting back on. Smashed my car with a deer the other morning on the way to water aerobics, did $3900 worth of damage and messed up my knee and lower back. It was great fun.

Hope you are all doing well! Wishing you all the best! :smile:

Amanda!!!!!! It is wicked good to see you back! (Yes I say wicked too.)

That's some scary stuff with the Deer. I would tell my "When I hit a dear story" but I dont have one. I actually have a "When I hit SOME deer story." 80 miles per hour + two full grown deer=One demolished Volkswagen Jetta and one rattled boy. Luckily I want hurt though the state trooper though I should have died. Very nice of him to say. I hope your injuries arent too serious! I'm just glad to have you back. :flowerforyou:

My BFF moved from Miami to Mass a few years ago. I get a text "what does wicked mean?" She called me later and said EVERYTHING is wicked. Someone had a wicked headache. Another person had a wicked pretty new pair of shoes!

I knew she was 'home' when she said she had a WICKED good time!!

:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    100_0782.jpg

Okay-- so I don't have "after" pictures yet-- but check out my rearview-- I come from a long line of fat backed women like this--

I've been-- uh-- literally working my backside off. I've been doing bent rows and all sortsa stuff to lose my back fat-- hubby commented today how lean I'm getting back there specifically-- I'll share some pictures in a couple more weeks after the 5k and a couple more good weeks of eating.

Just kidding! Your doing so well for yourself and with all those childrens!! Your an inspiration I tell ya! and inspiration!!!!!

:grumble: you may joke only cuz that was in July and she dont look like that now

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Ok so I got a couple in there, they are 2 pics of me in my jeans that I wore at 335 lbs. I am now down to 257 lbs. Quite a difference, but I promise to get better ones and figure out how to post them on here for you guys to see:blushing:

Wow Roni!

I am always so proud to be your teammate. Your a special one because the competetive side of me is driven by the numbers. You drive me to work harder cause I don't want to get beat by a girl. lol And MAN are you making it tough! Your doing such an amazing job and I am so glad for you...even though you are my "Biggest Loser Arch Nemesis"
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    So your fearless leader has a new obsession. and I am totally sure you all can see me doing this!!

I want to be a roller derby girl!! That is a new and old passion. I think I am strong enough to do it. I just need a good name. They have a team about 30 minutes from here. I might go check them out!:glasses:

Good name eh.... Ok I will need to know your home town, Your hobbies....nationality......any prior nicknames....ect Perhaps I can help you come up with something. LOL

That's awesome roller derby is such fun. I used to be involved in a bit of an unofficial co-ed roller derby. (When I was 17 I worked at Chuck E' Cheese and we used push all the tables into the center of the dinning area and have an after hours roller derby. When you got knocked into a seat of a booth it was ok but when you went head first into a table it smarts. lol I used to but on the big Chuck E' cheese character head as a helmet but that made it hard to see. lol)

:laugh: :laugh:

:noway: As an insurance adjuster I am cringing at this story..........just thinking of the Workers Comp claims that could come of it!!:laugh:

You have been a great laugh for me today Andrew! Thanks Bud!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    100_0782.jpg

:grumble: you may joke only cuz that was in July and she dont look like that now

Saying things to get Marla going is one of my jobs as a member of this team. She looks fantastic now. and she know I love her so. I am always trying to get her to run up here and fight me. lol
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    100_0782.jpg

Saying things to get Marla going is one of my jobs as a member of this team. She looks fantastic now. and she know I love her so. I am always trying to get her to run up here and fight me. lol

Andrew you know you are OUR man!! We lubs you and Marla lubs you bestest! I was only teasing too!!

You are doing so well!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    100_0782.jpg

Andrew you know you are OUR man!! We lubs you and Marla lubs you bestest! I was only teasing too!!

You are doing so well!!

I was trying for the girlfriend sticking up for each other thing, but I think it got lost in the typing:blushing:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    :angry: Spongemarla FatBack-- you are a total hoot, "Andy"-- :grumble: :wink:

Andrew and Beth-- the scale arrived safe and sound-- oh my-- thank you so, so, so much-- I'll be firin' it up in the morning-- thank you, thank you, thank you--

Roni-- right there with you-- the people I've met along the way here on MFP (even Andrew-- :happy: ) have been my lifeline on this journey-- so happy you're here and moving right along.

You know, gosh YEARS ago on a vacation to SeaWorld, my mother totally shamed me-- hubs was feeding slimy fish to the devil rays, or whatever slimy fish thing was swimming around, and offered me a fish to feed to this creature. Uh, no thanks.

He then offered one to my mom who also declined. He then said to her, "Oh, come on Caroline, don't be a *kitten*."

"Who's he calling a *kitten*?" She quickly replied, "Give me that fish!"

And thus, proceeded to feed the sting ray-- devil ray-- whatever the heck it was. My husband never let me hear the end of it that my mother could be "goaded" and I couldn't.

I had always been content with who and what I was-- like Lou Grant of Mary Tyler Moore, I hated spunk. So, being called a *kitten* for not feeding the creature, or any other (not always so) gentle means of encouragement to go above and beyond often fell on deaf ears.

I was thinking of this this day while running. I had no intention to run this morning because it was so windy and blustery, hoping to squeeze it in this evening-- while hosting our company. Yeah, right....sure. So, I said to hubs this morning, "Well, I was gonna run, but it's too windy."

"Well, you know if you don't do it now, you'll never get it in today. You should do it now. It's beautiful out," said he.

Friends-- we have each other here as a great support network, but I truly hope you have someone in your "real" life who helps you like my husband does me to go beyond "me" to find my soul, to who and what I have the potential of being-- I have the living personification of Sam's challenge in my husband. You can't know how much he helps me strive to my potential, in all areas of my life.

And so-- I just thought I'd give him a public shout-- he hasn't always understood my need to be here on this and all threads here in MFP- thinks it's silly and pointless, but he indulges it-- and he can't deny the positive results--

Soooooooo-- must scoot--

Hugs to all--
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    100_0782.jpg

You are doing so well!!

I was trying for the girlfriend sticking up for each other thing, but I think it got lost in the typing:blushing:

I know... didnt mean to seem defensive lol. It is funny how things get lost in typing. I definately wasnt trying to come across that way lol...:laugh: :laugh:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    marla- i'm glad the scale made it to you so fast....and i hope it gives you a good number tomorrow :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Options
    marla- i'm glad the scale made it to you so fast....and i hope it gives you a good number tomorrow :drinker:

Thanks, Beth-- from your fingertips to God's ears!!!!!

Hope you're having a good night!!!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

Wow Roni!

I am always so proud to be your teammate. Your a special one because the competetive side of me is driven by the numbers. You drive me to work harder cause I don't want to get beat by a girl. lol And MAN are you making it tough! Your doing such an amazing job and I am so glad for you...even though you are my "Biggest Loser Arch Nemesis"

Thanks Andrew:flowerforyou: I suppose then that this wouldnt be a good time to tell you that Im having a much easier time getting all my water in since you sent me that Brita Filtration System, would it?:wink::laugh:
    LOL Seriously though, watching your numbers (always soooo close to mine) helps keep me moving in the right direction too. You make it tough to have an off-day! I always think, hmmm I bet Andrew is sweating like crazy at the gym right now...and whatdayaknow! Im off my butt and moving:laugh: Your doing an amazing job Andrew, keep it up! Im proud to be your teammate as well:happy:
    Well, have a great Sunday everyone. I will try to stop back in later this morning and say hi again!
    ~Roni
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

Wow Roni!

Thanks Andrew:flowerforyou: I suppose then that this wouldnt be a good time to tell you that Im having a much easier time getting all my water in since you sent me that Brita Filtration System, would it?:wink::laugh:
    LOL Seriously though, watching your numbers (always soooo close to mine) helps keep me moving in the right direction too. You make it tough to have an off-day! I always think, hmmm I bet Andrew is sweating like crazy at the gym right now...and whatdayaknow! Im off my butt and moving:laugh: Your doing an amazing job Andrew, keep it up! Im proud to be your teammate as well:happy:
    Well, have a great Sunday everyone. I will try to stop back in later this morning and say hi again!
    ~Roni

hehe! I'm glad you enjoy competeing with me as much as I enjoy competeing with you. However, I might not be much competition this week. My scale is being stubborn, lol Been a good boy all week. I'll keep it up and it will comply eventually. :bigsmile: I'm glad the water filtration is helping! I love water...In fact... *looks around* where's my water cup!

Anyway, Good morning everyone! :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Options
    good morning-- you guys are misting me up with all this mutual admiration-- sniff-- it's beautiful, man--
    :wink:

Hey-- early report on the scale-- actually rather what I expected. My old dial scale is about 5 pounds LIGHT-- yipes. But, that's really okay, because all I had to do is adjust my initial weight here since I've been going on it. Problem with that one was all the finagling I had to do to get it to zero-- plus I could make the numbers go up or down at will while standing on it--

Again, many thanks, Andrew and Beth--

Question, though-- is it okay on carpet or should I keep it on the hard floor? I'm worried about keeping it in the bathroom because the hubs takes steam baths and I don't want it to frizzle out-- is humidity a problem for it?

Please to advise at your convenience--

Great morning-- I fried bacon for two hours-- literally-- kids and our houseguest had a yummy bacon and egg breakfast-- I had two pieces of bacon for 70 calories, then my fruit and yogurt parfait, homemade, for 175 calories and a cup of coffee--

Can't wait to see if I can get out of the 180s this week-- which I thought I already was, but my scale was off-- did that make sense?

Need to scoot-- enjoy your day-- beautiful, beautiful, beautiful here in New Jersey--

I took yesterday off so I'll be typing like a fiend today, but what a lovely day with our friend yesterday-- sighhhh.

Love to all--