21 day fast starting today, Who is with me?

Options

Replies

• PhatAndy
    PhatAndy Posts: 285
    Options
    Hahah Right on Al!
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    Your post before said "I am going to eat chocolate daily" So I assumed you were trolling, didnt add you to the list.
  • Dreamer1311
    Dreamer1311 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Actually started my February Fast on all Sweets (Chocolate, Ice-Cream, any candy etc) :)
  • deborawrrx
    Options
    I am picking the hardest possible thing for me to fast from. ALL white foods, White rice, White pasta, White bread. And I absolutely hate the taste of whole grains so its gonna be a hard one!

But if you do it, it'll be so worth it! And it's something to be proud of. They are really hard to give up. I'm trying my hardest to stick to wholegrain. I actually used to hate it, but now I love brown bread. It might change your palette too, I find white bread too sweet now.
    Good luck! :)
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    Actually started my February Fast on all Sweets (Chocolate, Ice-Cream, any candy etc) :)

Can I mark you down?
  • danicamper
    Options
    i am so into this... no bread or dairy for 21 days :D by the time the 21 days is over, i won't even want that stuff anymore!

I'm not religious, but I gave up chocolate once for lent and when I ate it after 40 days, I didn't even enjoy it. Stupidly kept eating it til I enjoyed it again though :noway:
    hahaha love this!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Not trolling.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Not trolling.
    Me neither. I ate a chocolate Zinger tonight, crossed of Day #1 on my calendar. LET'S DO THIS!
  • mv0912
    mv0912 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm going to cut all bread and pasta to just my morning 100 calorie English muffins.
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    I'm going to cut all bread and pasta to just my morning 100 calorie English muffins.

Sounds good =)
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    I'm in! Alcohol for me, thanks :)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I agree salt is hard...how do you eliminate it in prepared foods? Do you believe salt makes you gain weight?

Going over your sodium can cause water retention and yes its not good for you!
    BUT....your body does need a certain amount of sodium to function properly. Only too much is bad...it's not healthy to cut it out entirely.
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    I'm in! Alcohol for me, thanks :)
    Theres a great commitment!
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    I agree salt is hard...how do you eliminate it in prepared foods? Do you believe salt makes you gain weight?

Going over your sodium can cause water retention and yes its not good for you!
    BUT....your body does need a certain amount of sodium to function properly. Only too much is bad...it's not healthy to cut it out entirely.

No! you are 100% correct on this. I believe its 2500mg a day for men and 1500mg a day for women. its equivelant to about 1 teaspoon and i highly suggest against cutting out ALL sodium. Did someone state they are because I will Msg them.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I do not like giving up things that I love. :brokenheart: Because, you know, I love them.
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    I do not like giving up things that I love. :brokenheart: Because, you know, I love them.

Well perhaps like the second half of the original post says, Maybe commit to something for 21 days, earlier wakeup time, 30 min walks at 6am.
  • LilMizCharlie
    Options
    Good luck everybody, I have been off most white flour products and all sugars including fructose and fake sugars. I am just going into week four now, I feel for ya's, I broke it today to have some normal food with my daughter, but I'm gonna jump straight back in tomorrow :) hugs to anyone who is really struggling!
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm in! Like many others i'll be giving up white carbs which is going go be a challenge! Best of luck everyone :flowerforyou:
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Committing to exercise 5 days a week for the entire month of Feb. I hope by then it will be a habit!
  • pinkyslippers
    pinkyslippers Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    A noble venture, but I find that any time I do something like this, I end up going crazy afterwards. Best to allow myself small portions every now and then rather than try to do without. But good luck to all who decide to go for it!

I'm exactly the same! : (