What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• I've just been eating plain oatmeal with a tsp of pure maple syrup to sweeten it most mornings.
    This morning I had 2 weetabix biscuits, with 3 strawberries (sliced).
    If I am still hungry, I just grab a stalk of celery and put a tsp of low fat peanut butter on it and munch on that (never thought this combo would be good, but it really is lol).
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My favorites lately are:
    a cup of plain greek yogurt with 1/4 c. granola and some frozen berries
    a scrambled egg with cheese on a slice of whole wheat toast
    2 slices of peanut butter toast
    a packet of instant oatmeal and half a grapefruit
    a "bagel thin" (100 cals) with cream cheese and a piece of fruit
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Smoothie:

Trop 50 apple juice 1/2 c. 25 cal.
    Frozen raspberries 1/2 c. 25 cal.
    Nonfat plain yogurt (Stonyfield) 55 cal.

Sub 105 cal.

AND

Store brand light multi grain 100 cal.
    English muffin
    Poached egg 88 cal.
    1 slice cheese 55 cal.

sub 243 cal.

TOTAL 348 cal.

Total may be different if you choose different versions of the same foods...regular English muffins have about 120 cals.
    I don't cook any of this with fat, or add any sweetener.

This breakfast is quick and easy, and I'm full for a LONG time.
  • jlb2012
    Options
    1 cup of quick steel cut oats with either a 1/2 grapefruit or small banana. coffee with stevia sweetner. water. about 240 calories. Or, 2 scrambled eggs with a whole wheat tortilla and teaspoon of salsa. about 250 calories. Important to have a good mid morning snack to sustain energy before lunch. small handful of almonds or small apple is what i usually have before lunch.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Thomas' extra fiber honey wheat english muffin, 1 egg, 1 morningstar farms sausage pattie.
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    I change it up. I always start my morning with a cup of coffee with Spelda and a tablespoon of fat free french vanilla creamer, but then I follow it with one of the following meals:

1 cup of Cheerios with 1/2 cup of skim milk and a banana (or any fruit)
    or
    veggies sauteed in a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil with 3/4 a cup of egg beaters scambed in it
    or
    Orowheat Double Fiber English Muffin with a slice of low fat 2% american cheese, a slice of lean ham, and 1/3 cup egg beaters
    or
    1/2 medium Hass Avocado, 1/2 cup egg beaters cooked with spinach and mushrooms,and topped with a couple of tablespoons of low fat mozarella
    or
    2 pieces of Sara Lee 45 calorie wheat bread sandwiched with an egg, slice of lean ham, slice of tomato, and low fat cheese

All of these are under 300 calories and fill me up. When I eat the cereal I usually just eat the cereal and milk and save the banana for a mid morning snack, because the cereal alone satifies me for the time being. But the other meals I eat all at once and they fill me up. In a pinch when I know I am going to be busy and in a hurry for breakfast I get the Jimmy Dean Delights Breakfast products. They are all under 300 calories, taste really good, and they are filling.
  • kayx199189
    kayx199189 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a healthy take on a fry up I had one quorn sausage with egg white scrambled egg (made with 2 egg whites) on wholewheat toast all for 238cals and it was lovely and fulling.

Most days tho its wholewheat toast with peanut buttet or a banana on top, or an egg white omelette
  • oktams
    Options
    My usual breakfast is 1 to 1 1/2 cups Raisin Bran, 1/2 sliced banana, 1/2 to 1 c 2% milk, 2 tsp of Benefiber for extra fiber. My caliries are about 340 to 424 calories for morning. Hoping I burn those. Sometimes I'm not as hungry so I eat the smaller amount I listed. I have stayed under my allowed calorie count for the day.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    2 weetabix with warm milk, yummy and filling. If im in the mood for more flavour i sprinkle some sugar on it.
    Its betweent 210 and 240 calories depending on amount of sugar and milk you want.
  • dmouse0225
    Options
    My most common/favorite healthy breakfast are...

Yogurt w Kashi Go lean crunch and maybe a banana

Wheat English muffin with scrambled Egg (beaters), 1 slice cheese & spinach (Yumm....)

And mornings when I do not have time to eat real breakfast, I eat either a Luna bar or a Lara bar... then then eat an early lunch.

Now I want breakfast again...
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    I usually have some sort of bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich. It's always some sort of bread or roll. (My favorite is Thomas' Bagel Things in "Everything" flavor.) Then a hard-cooked fried egg. (I don't use oil or anything-- just a non-stick pan.) Finally, I add a tablespoon of bacon bits (or real bacon if I'm feeling froggy) and 1/8-1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. I let it sit together until the cheese melts the bacon bits into place, so that they won't fall off as I'm eating. The whole thing comes in at around 250 calories. Then I add an apple, making the whole meal around 350 calories. This can keep me feeling full and satisfied for quite a while afterward.

Of course, this morning I had leftover salmon and rice... and breakfast was around 900 calories. LMAO. But usually the breakfast sandwich and an apple does the trick and won't take up too many of my daily calories. :-)
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Week days: 2 slices of rye bread with low fat philadelphia, and a fruit juice.
    Weekend: Sandwich 2 slices of rye bread with low fat kraft singles cheese and 1 egg with some I can't beleive it's now butter spray on the egg to give a litle buttery flavour!
  • sweetendeavor
    sweetendeavor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    2 hardboiled eggs, half a grapefruit, and a bowl of oatmeal.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Usually an egg on toast,
    Sometimes blueberry muffins,
    Occasionally cereal (frosted mini wheats)
  • biznoche
    Options
    Cereal with skim milk, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, V8, and I get a lot of funny looks from my co-workers, but sometimes I just eat a small portion of the previous night's dinner leftovers!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts have a few requirements:

They must be easy, somewhat cheap, and high protein. (If I don't get protein, I am hungry again shortly after and I don't wait for lunch before I'm eating again.)

I like eggs. Sometimes I will boil an entire dozen on the weekend, and then peel and eat them on the weekday mornings.

Greek yogurt is good, but I like to mix stuff in it.

I've had protein shakes when I'm really desperate for time, because I can drink them in the car.

Jimmy Dean makes a turkey sausage breakfast sandwich that is easy to microwave and eat. It's not as cheap as other breakfasts, but still cheaper than eating out.

Lately, I've been frying pork and potatoes together and eating that. I cut the pork chop up into little cubes, and cut the potato up and add a little bit of EVOO, onion, salt and pepper. It takes awhile to cook on the stove, but it's almost like sausage and hash browns, but with a lot less grease. I can check my email while the skillet is hot. It requires more time, but not a whole lot of my attention.

When I'm tired in the morning, it is hard to be creative for breakfast. My best ideas come the night before.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    eggs and bacon, usually three eggs with bacon or an egg casserole that has veggies and bacon, all under the calorie limit you are looking for and you will be full for hours.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    A granny smith apple with 1.5 tablespoons of Crunchy peanut butter.

This sounds good... I might look for apples at the grocery store today.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    most mornings I have a Jimmy Dean D'Light breakfast sandwich...English muffin with turkey sausage, egg white and a little cheese. Sometimes I'll have a banana or some orange juice with it. Once in a while I'll make some oatmeal with vanilla soy milk. On the weekends... a slice of Archer Farms mocha swirl toast (soooo good) with a tiny bit of margarine, and an omelette with some veggies and cheese.
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    Weekdays: 237 calories
    1/2 cup of oatmeal
    A dash of ground cinnamon
    2 level teaspoons of dark brown sugar
    4 oz of orange juice
    1 cup of coffee

Weekends I sometimes add an egg with with a tablespoon of chopped onions and 2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar.