How often do you weigh in?

Options

Replies

• brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Tuesday morning before getting into the shower. I figure if I had a crazy weekend by Tuesday my body should be somewhat regulated. Its just become a routine now.
  • smiles4support
    Options
    Once a week...........I made a deal with another MFP friend to weigh & record on Monday's. I know it's working for me cuz I don't want to break that promise with another person...weird thing I break promises to myself ALL the time it seems! Go figure!!!
  • lisacandygirl37
    Options
    Every day but only log once a week on a friday, i weigh myself every day coz i find it keeps me on track.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Unfortunately daily, and it's driving me nuts with the ups and ups and not too may downs. I officially check in my weight on Mondays.

Your weight naturally fluctuates 5 lbs. Weigh in once a week at the same time in the same clothing.

I weigh once a week or every other week.
  • ashleighk90
    ashleighk90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but I log once a week.

This month I am keeping a daily journal of weights every day, what days I'm at the gym, and how many calories I ate that day so that I can see what is working best for me!
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Whenever I get curious! BUT I only record on Saturday mornings, before eating or drinking anything and after using the bathroom. Even though I might check everday and the numbers might not change, I can FEEL the difference.
  • cbognar
    cbognar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Daily
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    twice each on two sets of scales each morning, then calculate the 7 day average from the first set of scales and log that to MFP
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I only log losses.
  • msjones2831
    msjones2831 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily, but only log loss as well. Weighing in daily shows me how much my weight fluctuates. Also if I'm up several days I can be more strictly adherent to my diet, it sort of motivates me.
  • JLWilson27
    Options
    Once a week on Sunday night after I've gotten my final workout in for the week and finished eating. Basically before I go to bed lol.

On the same topic....

Do you weigh at night or in the morning?
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in almost every day but it got to be too nerve-wracking! ; ) Now, I weigh myself once a week, first thing Friday morn. I switched to Friday from Monday as it was a truer representation of my weight since Hubby and I eat out a couple of times on the weekend. (I only log my weight here once a week.)
  • MsFitn2012
    MsFitn2012 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day for tracking stats on another app...i only report my weigh in on Mondays :)
    It helps me stay on track, work harder and keeps me motivated!!
  • Greg_Evans
    Options
    I weigh in before and after my workouts every day I am in the gym. It doesn't change very much most the time, but I am starting to be able to tell what is effecting my weight.
    The kinda weird thing about weighing after workouts is I will be between 1.5 and 2.5 pounds lower, which means somewhere I left behind a quart of water. :S

If it motivates you do it. If not, don't.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Every Monday. Keeps me thinking for the next 7 days...
  • Taitiant
    Options
    TY for all ur inputs.. answerd my question too! :flowerforyou:
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Once a month after That TOM!
  • 0AmyMarie0
    Options
    I like the idea of weighing myself daily (same time same clothes) to give myself motivation! I think I will do that too but only log once a week like some of you say. Thanks for all the input! You guys rock!
  • 170to117
    Options
    I used to hop on the scale daily, and I drove myself insane by doing it. Now, I put it in my closet, and I only weigh myself at the gym, which is usually twice a week.
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I weight first thing every morning and write it down - it helps keep me in line!