How often do you weigh in?

Options

Replies

• 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i weight myself daily but only have mondays as my official log in day!

Me too, but I count Friday's as my official day.
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I try to remember to do it daily, but I'm maintaining so it's just to make sure I'm on a normal fluctuation and not accidentally eating too much.

I always forget though so it ends up being 4~ times a week.
  • kidral97
    kidral97 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    once a week
  • notsochunkeymonkey
    Options
    I'm streaky about this, but generally daily, first thing in the a.m. naked. lolz
  • Charlie1299
    Options
    Weekly - same day, same time....ie first thing in the morning. Its the best way to be accurate. Daily weight fluctuates too much.
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday so I can see how my exercise and eating effects my weight but I log on the same day every week to record on mfp. So Tuesday will be my first weigh in.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily but with ZERO drama.
    It's just a number, and I see these weekly weigh-ins as foolish.
    There is never any virtue in not knowing your weight when you are trying to lose.
    I recommend tracking weight trends over weeks into your program just to gauge progress.

Too often people get stressed over a fluctuation or under pressure to fast or sweat water before the dreaded weekly weight in.
    That's just absurd.
    It's just a number.

And we should all be tracking bodyfat as well.
    Here for free:
    http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

Remember, you rule the numbers - not the other way around.
  • emt11dgreene
    Options
    I weight in Wednesday mornings after i use the bathroom and before i eat anything and i weigh myself naked lol
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Every 20 minutes.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I can't stop myself from getting on the scale every day, but I only record my weight once a week. It keeps me from getting too obsessed with daily fluctuations.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning when I get up and log it. My month long graph looks like a saw blade at a 45 degree angle. Up down up down up down... but the overall trend is down.
  • notsochunkeymonkey
    Options
    I agree about the fluctuations, but the daily weigh in helps in watching the trend and and staying on track, for me anyways.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Also, my weigh in process is the exact same every day - I wake up, go pee, and then step on the scale. I find it to be most consistant this way.
  • nk17
    nk17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day at the gym and log it in another app. Here I save for my official weigh-in at the doctor's, which is once a week.
  • wildgypsie
    Options
    I way myself every day and it fluctuates but Tues is my official weigh in and thats the weight i record and its lower each week woohooo
  • fae14
    fae14 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after I've gone to the bathroom and in whatever I've slept in, which is usually a t-shirt and underpants. I log it every day. I have a digital scale that goes to the tenths place, and I like to see the ounces coming down. I don't usually sweat the pounds until I've gone up a pound. Any gain is motivation to work harder, or if I've skipped a workout, reason to not skip that day.

I like knowing that even small progress, on the report graph, is still progress. Its also helping me see how having a cold is effecting my weight loss. (For those curious, its slowing it WAY down.) For a few days I was losing a half a pound a day, and it was freaking me out, but the daily weigh ins have helped to to wrap my head around the idea that yes, I am losing weight. (Unfortunately, the cold has helped me put some of that back on. :grumble: )
  • rjb19
    rjb19 Posts: 4
    Options
    Pretty much every morning.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Weigh in every morning to make sure everything is on the up and up, but it only counts as my 'official' weigh in on Fridays.
  • janetsnakehole
    janetsnakehole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily because I like getting a stamp on my calendar from doing the body test on WiiFit. Each month I choose a new stamp - hearts for February! But I try not to stress when it goes up because I know it'll go back down. I only record losses on my app and only after they're consistent, i.e. several days in a row at a weight.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    about once a week for the group challenge that i'm in.