What do you wear to workout?

Options
1235»

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I try to match as much as possible.. and hardly ever wear a tank top cause I can't stand not having sleeves.

Normally it is cropped pants or shorts and a under armor tee shirt with a sports bra... with shoes to match!
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    capri length yoga pants, sports bra, tank top (very rarely tshirt)... I sweat a lot so I prefer showing more skin rather than sweating through full length pants and shirts "shudder". I hate being all black, therefore I only own a black sports bra, the others are hot pink, green, orange, with clashing tank (usually pink-green, blue-orange, etc). My pants are all black (thinking of buying purple ones now) and my current workout shoes are also black. I do reward myself with cute workout stuff, but I dont want it just for the cute factor, the quality is much more important. On the other hand, looking pretty motivates me, my gym is huge and I get to meet with a lot of people there, including students for which I TA for (classic poor undergrad here...:bigsmile: ) so even though I buy my clothes from clearance racks and second hand shops (yes even workout clothes :blushing: ), I try to look cute and not dowdy.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    * my gym clothes should reflect my personal style
    * it's all about performance and durability for me, whatever wicks sweat and lasts the longest

Those are me to a T. I get my workout clothing from the plus sized section of the Old Navy website. I'll be that large 286 pound woman you see wearing the brightly colored sport tanks with the black compression pants, flabby rolls be damned! If I'm going to work out and actually stick to it, then I want to wear what I want and not really care about how it conforms to my flaws. So since my mind tells me that I'll have more fun at the gym and stay motivated better if I wear bright colors, then that's what I do. I just wish the tops that I have from them came in more colors per style than just bright and dark.

I wish I could get those workout tanks. But the built in bra kind just do not fit me. Not enough room for the girls or it turns them into unflattering uniboob! Maybe if I win the lottery I can work on some plus-sized workout clothing and workout gear for women that are well endowed. LOL.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Usually sweat pants or sweat capris and a tshirt. When I run, I like to wear either my tight sweat capris, tight yoga pants or workout pants and either a tshirt or a workout top.
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    definitely a hodgepodge. For outdoor running this time of year, I gotta have my underarmour leggings and my Eddie Bauer fleece. But my "style" is kind of all over the place. I've been known to go running in my red had, blue fleece, orange shorts over black leggings with purple running shoes. I'm quite a sight, I imagine.

When I'm at the gym, whatever's clean and available will work. Shorts + an old college t-shirt or a Target tank top or something.

I secretly love drooling over lulu lemon and other fancy athletic wear, but just don't have the budget for it.