pushups challenge

Options

Replies

• moosejuice16
    Options
    Sounds quite interesting. Might throw it in to some of my chest workouts. Think i can do about 30-40 with good form atm but not sure.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone there is a group on here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/68-100-pushups-challenge

the more the merrier as lots of early people have dropped out
    ^ I'm doing this... today is day 41. I am doing incline (using the third step from the bottom of my stairs). Did two sets of 20 last night. I was remembering day 12 when I thought I was going to die and was ready to drop out. Taking it one day at a time and trying not to think about December when I will be doing over 300 a day... or even March, which gets me in the 100's.
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    W2D1 done, although I didn't get all the way to my "at least XX" number on my last set, doggone it.

Reminds me of my favorite Steven Wright-ism: "I used to lift weights....but they're so heaavvvvyyyyy....". lol
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    i did W1 D3 8 10 7 7 11 over the weekend but couldn't get onto the forums to post.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    What a great thread and site, thanks for sharing. I'm just about coping with 30DS so don't want to put anymore strain on that but I'll have a look at this after as I'm also rubbish at push ups, I'm doing sets of 5 from my knees just now so lots to do! I used to be able to do upto 100 full ones happily (in my TA days). lol
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this thread, I just told my husband I wanted to do some kind of pushups/pullups/sit-ups challenge! I'd love to be able to do the Tough Mudder some day ;-D

My weights days are T-Th-Sun, so I will officially start Week 1 tomorrow! Woot!!
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    Btw just did W2 D1 8 11 8 8 12, think this week is going to be a bit harder!
  • robpett2001
    Options
    W2 D2 is done AND I made it through all the last "max" set (as opposed to falling short of that number as i did on W2 D1...)

*jumps up and down cheering on all his fellow challengees*
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Week 2 D 1 done - sorry, I got distracted! :-)
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    Did w2 d2 yesterday (forgot to post), man it's getting so much harder...
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    LOL! Yes and your Canadian friends(or at least this one) didn't know what it meant either. Here we just say "we suck at push-ups!"! :)
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I slipped over to column 2 today, completed week 2, day 2.
  • robpett2001
    Options
    Oops, forgot to note that I completed W2D3, then rested two days and did my W2 exhaustion test and was THRILLED with my "max"!

It doesn't tell you exactly when to do the exhaustion test (surely, it's not directly after W2D3), so i went with the usual day of rest in between. If anybody thinks it should be done differently, let me know.
  • robpett2001
    Options
    Oops, forgot to note that I completed W2D3, then rested two days and did my W2 exhaustion test and was THRILLED with my "max"!

It doesn't tell you exactly when to do the exhaustion test (surely, it's not directly after W2D3), so i went with the usual day of rest in between. If anybody thinks it should be done differently, let me know.

Ohhh, meant to say I rested ONE day before doing the exhaustion test.
  • gabadabadoo
    Options
    Great suggestion - I'm in!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I'd wondered about the exhaustion day too. I did mine in between my day 3 of the first week and day 1 of the next. I figured I do a plank everyday (when I remember!) so this isn't much different.

I've been poorly this weekend, so didn't do much yesterday. Feeling a tiny bit better this morning, so if that continues I'll have a go at it later.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Got my week 2 day 3 done today, column 2.

12, 13, 10, 10, 16

(so 61 in total. Not terrible)
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    Just did W2 D3, 12, 13, 10, 10, 16

What has everyone managed for their exhaustion test? The final set for me always feels like an exhaustion test...but I guess that's coz it's the fifth set? I'm a bit worried I won't make 21 to stay in the second column...!?
  • Devil_Dawg
    Devil_Dawg Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    How does this worK? I want to implement the pushup challenge.