pushups challenge

Options

Replies

• Stazed
    Stazed Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Week 1 d2 done last night (so far haven't resorted to the girlie ones but was close!). I was started on level 3 which is quite tough but am enjoying!
  • EastCincyDad
    EastCincyDad Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    W4 D1 last night. 33 for last set. My left elbow and shoulder were sore at the end due to pre-existing injury, but not so bad. I'm hoping the relatively high rep, low resistance type exercise is just the rehab I need on that sore wing.
  • uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    started mine yesterday...W1D1...did OK....
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    W3D2 is sorta done. I didn't make it anywhere NEAR the "minimum" for the final set. Sigh.... We'll see how day 3 goes, and I'll repeat if necessary.

We're all gonna make it to 100, though!
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    W3 D2 14, 19, 14, 14, 20
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • EastCincyDad
    EastCincyDad Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    W4 D2 completed, maxed out at 38 last set.

Did them late last night. Left shoulder/elbow felt pretty good throughout - were sore this morning though.

Very tough program IMO. Really starting to wonder if a) I will be able to keep meeting the "recommended" numbers, and b) if I will be able to do 100 straight pushups if/when I finish week 6. If 100 straight is possilble at that point, I'm guessing they won't be such good form...
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    W4 D2 completed, maxed out at 38 last set.

Did them late last night. Left shoulder/elbow felt pretty good throughout - were sore this morning though.

Very tough program IMO. Really starting to wonder if a) I will be able to keep meeting the "recommended" numbers, and b) if I will be able to do 100 straight pushups if/when I finish week 6. If 100 straight is possilble at that point, I'm guessing they won't be such good form...

I agree...I can't really see me being able to do 100 in 3 weeks time...but I know I can do a lot more than I used to be able to? (To be honest I'm not sure I *need* to do 100!?)
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    W3D3 mostly done...but I was really struggling for the last couple sets and didn't hit my minimum on the final set...for the second time this week. Soooo I think I'll do week three again. It's not a race, right? But I WILL make it to the finish line!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been awol for a couple of days.

Week 3 Day 2
    14 19 14 14 20

Again that last set nearly killed me.

Rob, I think we're all going to repeat weeks at some point. From my position (flat out on the floor after my last set!) week 4 is looking pretty scary!
  • penny_eclipse
    Options
    W3 D3, 16, 21, 15, 15, 22...*sigh* I swear it's getting harder not easier...
  • meerkat70
    Options
    W3 D3, 16, 21, 15, 15, 22...*sigh* I swear it's getting harder not easier...

I think it's going to get a *lot* harder by the end. Well done, Penny!

I do think repeating weeks is the way to go, as it gets more difficult. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's important to push ourselves, but not to hurt ourselves!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Doesn't the site have a minimum you have to hit at the end of the week, and if you fall short you have to repeat the week?

That's how I remember it being designed, I can't be bothered to actually look.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that link, I'm about to start that challenge today...like right now after I finish typing this hehe.
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Just saw the link and I suck at pushups. I only could do 10 for the initial test, although I did girly pushups ( which I didnt count) after. This is definitely gonna be tough, but I am willing to challenge myself. Here goes week 1!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Doesn't the site have a minimum you have to hit at the end of the week, and if you fall short you have to repeat the week?

That's how I remember it being designed, I can't be bothered to actually look.

There's a test day - so yes, that's built in. No harm in repeating, as far as I'm concerned...

welcome to the thread, mathen and savyna.
  • Quarrysider
    Quarrysider Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just done my end of week 2 test and managed 23, which considering I could barely manage 6 when I started, I'm quite happy with! It's taken me more than 2 weeks though, if I find one day REALLY hard, I'll repeat that day for my next session, and if I'm too busy to fit the next day in within a couple of days, I'll repeat the day I last did when I get started again. Having to do girly ones cos I'm recovering from a broken big toe, and my foot won't take 'proper' ones yet unless I've got my big boots on :bigsmile:

By the time I've got to 100 girly ones (in about 3 months, hehehe), I'm hoping my foot will be good to start again with 'real' ones :drinker:
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Just done my end of week 2 test and managed 23, which considering I could barely manage 6 when I started, I'm quite happy with! It's taken me more than 2 weeks though, if I find one day REALLY hard, I'll repeat that day for my next session, and if I'm too busy to fit the next day in within a couple of days, I'll repeat the day I last did when I get started again. Having to do girly ones cos I'm recovering from a broken big toe, and my foot won't take 'proper' ones yet unless I've got my big boots on :bigsmile:

By the time I've got to 100 girly ones (in about 3 months, hehehe), I'm hoping my foot will be good to start again with 'real' ones :drinker:

Wow, quarrysider, that's an amazing improvement! Very well done!
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm up for this!! I'm about to do my initial test!! Wish me luck!! I have muscle atrophy in my shoulder so push ups are very hard for me to suffer through without injury, but I know I can do this if I try!!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    welcome to the thread twylyght