pushups challenge

Options

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Just go to the website, do it every other day, and post here to tell us how you're getting on.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Just did W2 D3, 12, 13, 10, 10, 16

What has everyone managed for their exhaustion test? The final set for me always feels like an exhaustion test...but I guess that's coz it's the fifth set? I'm a bit worried I won't make 21 to stay in the second column...!?

Penny, you are my pushup twin!

I'll do my test tomorrow and I'll let you know. I would imagine you'd do better doing it fresh, rather than doing it at the end of your session.
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I did 22 (well kinda 21.75) pushups on the exhaustion test and physically couldn't have done another one if I'd tried...I was desperate to make it to 21 though!

Week 3 looks scary...but I am properly scared about Week 4...guess it serves me right for looking!
  • EastCincyDad
    EastCincyDad Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Did W3 D3 last Fri. Maxed out at 35. Did some volunteer work Sat. raking and shoveling rocks, etc. Very tired and some pain in my left elbow and shoulder. Don't know how I'll do w/ W4 D1 tonight. Hoping I can work through the pain and stay on course...
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I got to 22 too. :-)

35 is very impressive! but if your shoulder is hurt, maybe take another day off?
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Bump for later...have to do this one!

I don't know about "properly pants", but "extremely sucky" at this about describes it for me. :ohwell:
  • Devil_Dawg
    Devil_Dawg Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    2/19/12 Day 1 I started on Week 3
    1st Set 10, 2nd Set 12,3rd Set 7,4th Set 7 5th Set Maxed @ 19
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Week 3, Day 1, column 2

13 (oops) 17, 13, 13, 18.

That 18th one nearly killed me! :-)
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    W3 D1 Column 2
    12, 17, 13 (ow), 13 (ow), 18 (really really collapse on the floor ow)
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to give this a shot. I can barely do 5 good ones.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    on board!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    This is actually kind of a neat idea. I just downloaded a similar app for my phone.

Thankyou for the idea.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I started this last week. They had me start on week three, but I think that was a mistake, because I could barely finish my sets and was extremely sore. I'm doing week three over this week and it's a lot easier.
  • PaigeReneeH
    Options
    I see that im a day late! But id love to do this challenge with you :D
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I started this last week. They had me start on week three, but I think that was a mistake, because I could barely finish my sets and was extremely sore. I'm doing week three over this week and it's a lot easier.

Same happened to me. I just reset the program on my phone and started at week one day one. Even though it was easy I wanted the muscles to build slowly and get used to it to curb some of the soreness of just busting out with it in the middle. With that being said I do the total count if I can, then once I get to a point where I cannot do the total I'll start doing the work/rest cycle that it calls for. Same for the situps program
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    W3D1 was done yesterday and it's going great! How's everybody doing?
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    started Week 1 day 1 today. Got it done but...ouch...
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I see that im a day late! But id love to do this challenge with you :D

Paige people have just jumped in as they wanted to - we don't all need to be in the same place. good luck with it. :-)
  • gabadabadoo
    Options
    Wk1 D3 done - and my abs are sore! Still doing the cheaters version of push-ups, but have also started doing just a few proper ones, too, each day.
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I usually go 10 sets of 5 in the mornings...so 50 push ups