Geeky/Nerdy Guilty Pleasure

Options

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I have a love for all things alien, supernatural or cryptozoological. :embarassed:
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Duuuuune <3 I love both versions. Also, I read linguistics textbooks and programming books for fun.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    The I.T. Crowd!!!!!!!

Yeah !! Trouble is, I've met people like that in my professional life. Love it though.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I frequently catch logical fallacies in shows that aren't based in reality. Like in Farscape -- they all have "translator microbes" that enable them to understand each other, and that's ok with me. But those microbes wouldn't actually change the way they move their mouths when they speak, so when Aeryn mouthed something to John and he understood it even though he couldn't hear it, I got angry.
  • nsjacq
    nsjacq Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love Dark Angel! LOL
  • nsjacq
    Options
    I love that one too mostly because I work in IT and have been the only female in the group many times.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Not sure this makes me a geek, but it is definitely my guilty pleasure:

geeky guys.

I know, I know. Maybe I just want to be geeky by proxy. Maybe my use of the word proxy makes me slightly geeky. Who knows. But I love a smart man. Even better if he is totally geeked out like Sheldon. Ohhh how I love thee Sheldon.

REF: Big Bang Theory. But, hopefully you already knew that.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    My husband and I run a guild on World of Warcraft (Alliance, Shandris server) - and I am admittedly obsessed with the game. Our guild, some of them, have become as close to us as some family members. I take my job as GM quite seriously and have a blast with it. From creating events for our members, celebrating birthdays, and just doing silly things in game.

I'm also a chain mail artist - but not sure if that's really geeky/nerdy - though I HAVE made dice bags.....

I am a HUGE Harry Chapin, Neil Diamond and Barry Manilow fan as well.

You sound awesome. If only you weren't Alliance. *sigh*
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Did I miss it, or am I the only one here who watches The Guild and Red vs Blue??

I LOVE the Guild, I have the music video for "Do you want to date my avatar" on my phone! The song itself is one of my ringtones.

I have that, every song from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, Doctorin' the Tardis, the Ghostbusters theme, Blood Gulch Blues (from RvB), the theme song from Big Bang Theory and oh who knows what else, on my phone. Then I rock out in my car :laugh:
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I read books. Not kindle. Paperback and hardback.

And I like anything that has to do with math or science. Scientific studies are most interesting because they involve both. *nerdy smile/wink*
  • nsjacq
    Options
    ****ens. Just had to see if it would block me too. LOL
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Did I miss it, or am I the only one here who watches The Guild and Red vs Blue??

I love The Guild!
    Also Gorgeous Tiny Chicken Machine Show. I can't help it...I sing along with the Wheel of Fun and giggle at Unicow.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I am massively in love with everything Joss Whedon has done. Even Dollhouse.
    I can sing every line to the "Once More With Feeling" soundtrack.
    I own my own gaming dice...they're purple and silver glitter.
    I love reading fanfic p0rn.
    I have a serious girl-crush on Felicia Day.
    I have about 3 years worth of Grammar Girl podcasts on my computer.
    I'm sure there's more...
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i have Bill Bryson " a short history of nearly everything" on my Ipod, and e-reader and two version in book form
  • alpha1029
    Options
    I love video games that are definitely meant for kids and not 30 year old women. Ratchet & Clank, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario. I just finished Lego Star Wars and am going to move onto Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I love "words" words words words, the roots and when they were introduced into the language, how they have changed with culture, and words give away who the person is by how they use them, and I love to play words with friends and have about 10 games going. I subscribe to word blogs, and even check out books on words......and words are all I have....lol
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Based on what I've read here these are some of the things I love that probably make me nerdy:

NPR, The Guild, My WoW flashbacks, Nature shows, Nova, Mythbusters, Microsoft Excel, being a grammar nazi, LOTR, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, scrabble, and etymology.

I also watch an episode of M*A*S*H almost every night before I go to bed, I have seen the movie Amadeus more than any other movie except for A Christmas Story, I am a poker geek, and I quote Mr. Show all of the time even though no one else ever knows what I'm talking about.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Excel!

Favorite function? VLOOKUP.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Let me see. I have every single computer console i have ever owned since I was 8, and the one I didn't own but played on (it was my parents), I still buy and read comics although these days it's just the "bumper" packs with the graphic novels, Alan Moore, Daniel Clowes, The Brothers Hernandez. I love anything like The Twilight Zone, Red Dwarf, The Outer Limits, Round the Twist, Eerie Indiana. I like action figures, and buy/collect. I also collect old Tomy games, like the water ones and for the sake of it, not really geeky but I have to mention it as it was one of the most amazing series that should still be going, I love "Jonathan Creek" - if you haven't seen it, watch it. I also buy cartoons that I loved as a child on dvd. I love John Wyndham, he's one of my favourite authors.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Excel!

Favorite function? VLOOKUP.
    vloolups are so cool! Although, it seems as if no one can ever figure out how to do them. I've had to teach and reteach people the function on multiple occasions at various jobs.