Geeky/Nerdy Guilty Pleasure

Options
ilookthetype
ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
What is your geeky/nerdy guilty pleasure. I don't mean Dr. Who or Torchwood which can pass as "cool" and at least have an sense of belonging in Pop Culture (well, at least Dr. Who does) I mean, something legit geeky/nerdy?

I'm watching Contact right now, but when I'm sick all I want to watch is Dune and sometimes Dark Angel...judge me about the Dune and I'll cut you, judge me for the Dark Angel and I'll nod in agreement.

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I read grammar books for funsies.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I loved Dark Angel.

I don't know how geeky/nerdy this is, but I am totally into the SyFy show Face Off. It's a competition for special effects artists.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lr44o4UZ9M1qj2x3jo1_500.jpg
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I watch anime and listen to J-rock/pop and soundtracks at work.

Don't hate me cuz you ain't me.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I read maps and road atlases. For fun.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I play world of warcraft. Need I say more?
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    The Avengers, especially Thor & Captain America.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I read maps and road atlases. For fun.
    You too?! :love:

Maps are so incredibly fascinating.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    ok, so i was watching the GI Joe movie this weekend (don't judge me, i wanted mindless and it WAS) and all i could notice was that the Cobra guys were wearing DS9 command uniforms. so then i had to watch some Trek.

i can sing every song from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. And do. Randomly. without much volume control.

i think that there is NO higher debate than comic debate. and i think i proved that point on here.

i do not judge you for Dark Angel. i do not judge anyone watching Jensen be pretty. thinking of, i need to order a copy of Ten Inch Hero... *wonders off to amazon*
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Harry Potter. Sooo much! Biggest nerd pleasure by far!

I also really like to watch Dateline on ID. Looove the crime solving shows! haha!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I loved Dark Angel.

I don't know how geeky/nerdy this is, but I am totally into the SyFy show Face Off. It's a competition for special effects artists.

LOVE that show!!
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    The I.T. Crowd!!!!!!!
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Fan fiction. Reading it and writing it.
  • LindsayHein
    LindsayHein Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know every line to Jurassic Park 1 and 3. Jurassic Park 2 is just the awkward middle child. Oh, and I'm a Gleek!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I could watch Modern Marvels all day, every day. Never gets boring.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I play world of warcraft. Need I say more?
    You're an out of date nerd. You need to pick up Star Wars The Old Republic and get your nerd card re-stamped.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Watching Real Genius!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    First if all, I :heart: Doctor Who! It lives on my Netflix instant queue along with every Star Trek series.

My true guilty geeky pleasures are cheesy formulaic fantasy novels. Magicians, dragons, and enchanted weapons, yea baby!
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Me and my husband... and our friends dress up as either the Ghostbusters, the Justice League, and other random characters! We do it for conventions or just for the hell of it :tongue:

We are marching in the St. Paddy's day parade in Boston this year as the Ghostbusters!
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    I love movies with abnormally large animals, like Godzilla, Mothra, Anaconda and Lake Placid, even the crappy ones on the SyFy channel. And I totally watch Finding Bigfoot peeking out from under my covers in case they really find one!