Geeky/Nerdy Guilty Pleasure

Options

Replies

• 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I've placed a calculus refresher book on a shelf in my bathroom. I've never even opened it, but I love fielding questions like "you seriously read that in your second office?"

of course i say yes.

other entertainment - terry pratchett and neil gaiman both pretty much rock. i'm sure there are others guilty pleasures, but i'm too much of a gentleman to list them here :laugh:
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I circle typos in books.

I watch virtually no television, but the only show I *do* (or *did* - it just ended) watch is Chuck, which is pretty geeky/nerdy.

I miss Chuck already! :sad:
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Oh, and my husband and I fought about Star Wars and Star Trek last night....lol (My hubby's game of choice is World of Warcraft, that I play at times too. My hunter is named Bufey....) Geek me!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    i can sing every song from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. And do. Randomly. without much volume control.

I do this frequently, and at really weird times like while grocery shopping - people always give me weird looks.

While reading books, I highlight/circle typos in them.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I watch anime and listen to J-rock/pop and soundtracks at work.

Don't hate me cuz you ain't me.

This...well, the anime bit, not the rest.

Love me some romantic high school comedy romance anime! Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Ouran High School Host Club. Sooo funny!

I also like Dune and Dark Angel!

I've seen Kaichou wa Maid-sama. Host Club is a bit too shoujo for me.

Currently watching Another. :happy:
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Cartoon Network
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i actually looked up what jamie bamber, captain leland apollo adama in battlestar galactica, does for a work out, and have pretty much modeled mine around his.

yeah nerds, his characters full name is leland.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Baseball statistics! :love:
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i just downloaded all four seasons of batman the animated series. i love cartoons.

I really like "Batman Beyond" I've had a thing for Terry" McGinnis since my late teens.... He is super hot.

i'll get batman beyond. i watched most of the episodes, and return of the joker was amazing.
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I watch rerunns of old Frasier, Friends, Fresh Prince of Bel Aire, and Boy Meets World :)
  • gagesmom314
    gagesmom314 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ok, so i was watching the GI Joe movie this weekend (don't judge me, i wanted mindless and it WAS) and all i could notice was that the Cobra guys were wearing DS9 command uniforms. so then i had to watch some Trek.

i can sing every song from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. And do. Randomly. without much volume control.

i think that there is NO higher debate than comic debate. and i think i proved that point on here.

i do not judge you for Dark Angel. i do not judge anyone watching Jensen be pretty. thinking of, i need to order a copy of Ten Inch Hero... *wonders off to amazon*

Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog is perhaps the best thing ever and I will break out in song and will quote it in staff meetings.

I have played World of Warcraft until I got bored with it.

Everyday before I get out of bed I have to see what the free app of the day is in the Amazon store.

Pretty much the only music I listen to at work is soundtracks to musicals.

I'll take my nerd card now :)
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options

I do this frequently, and at really weird times like while grocery shopping - people always give me weird looks.

Um... I love... air!
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    For me a little anime (love Ghost In The Shell, for one) and original BBC Being Human (like SyFy's too but it has a certain cool factor going for it) Would Game of Thrones be too mainstream now?
  • gagesmom314
    Options
    I watch rerunns of old Frasier, Friends, Fresh Prince of Bel Aire, and Boy Meets World :)

I love Boy Meets World. If it is on TV I am mesmerized.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I read the dictionary for "funsies" and can't finish reading something if poor grammar is used (I will circle all mistakes in red ink).

I've always been an avid gamer, opting for RPG's, and I religiously watch video game review shows.

Edited to include: I'm not sure if it's nerdy or not, but I own every single season of Medium and NCIS on dvd (along with several Adult Swim seasons), as well as ever since I was 5, if I can't get to sleep I'll run an entire Simpsons episode through my head (anything up to 2001 is worth watching, but it's all downhill from there!)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I put on my bowtie, braces, Harris Tweed jacket, and then sit at the piano with my sheet music of Buffy, The Vampire Slayer's musical episode, "Once More With Feeling" and "Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog" and sing to my hearts content.

I only wish that Firefly was on long enough for Joss Whedon to do a musical episode...don't care how it would have worked. It just would have...

Anyone laughs and I will so Sonic you!

I kind of want to date you.

You could always play Hero of Canton! I mean, there is a song for Jayne!
  • nikolaim5
    Options
    @nikolaim5 I belong to multiple "espresso brewing" forums.

Not seeing anything wrong with this!!! Coffee is damn important :drinker:

The devil is in the details. Brewing good espresso is a science, not an art. :)
  • gagesmom314
    Options

Um... I love... air!

A lot of guys ignore the laugh and that's about standards. I mean if you are going to get into the Evil League of Evil you have to have a memorable laugh. What? Do you don't think Bad Horse didn't work on his whinny? His terrible death whinny?
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i roleplay. not the world of warcraft kind or the tabletop kind, but online text-based. second tier of fake shame: it's mostly fandom. i know more harry potter trivia because of this than should humanly be possible. third tier of actual shame: i'm in my twenties. (ok actually I REGRET NOTHING.)
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    At least once a year I have to rewatch the same movies or series

Firefly
    Black Adler
    Farscape
    Supertroopers
    Eurotrip
    and a few more that my wife calls geeky

anyone ever watch Primevale?