what tattoos have you got? =)

Options

Replies

• kiely13
    kiely13 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have 4.... I'll try and post pictures in a bit.
  • kiely13
    kiely13 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Photoon2011-09-11at1628.jpg
    tattoo-1.jpg
    Tattoo.jpg
    tat.jpg
  • RonnieBigGunz
    Options

photo-1.jpg

OMG...I LOVE the music staff!!! What a cool idea! I can't quite see the words...what is the song?

:) thanks. Its the first couple of lines from the chorus of "second chance" by shinedown.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Just got my first one about 2.5 weeks ago - it's what's in my profile picture. The dog is a combination of two dogs - my own, Earl, who is a black greyhound, and Saint Guinefort. Here's the story of St. G:

His story is a variation on the well-travelled "faithful hound" motif, similar to the Welsh story of the dog Gelert. Guinefort the greyhound belonged to a knight who lived in a castle near Lyon. One day, the knight went hunting, leaving his infant son in the care of Guinefort. When he returned, he found the nursery in chaos – the cot was overturned, the child was nowhere to be seen and Guinefort greeted his master with bloody jaws. Believing Guinefort to have devoured his son, the knight slew the dog. He then heard a child crying; he turned over the cot and found his son lying there, safe and sound, along with the body of a viper. Guinefort had killed the snake and saved the child. On realizing the mistake the family dropped the dog down a well, covered it with stones and planted trees around it, setting up a shrine for Guinefort. Guinefort became recognised by locals as a saint for the protection of infants.

The pic I used for the design is here (among other places online) http://redstarcafe.wordpress.com/2009/11/

My tattoo is on the back of my left shoulder. The stained glass design thing behind the dog originally had different colors in it (I colored it myself and brought the design in to the tattoo artist) and he re-worked them. I LOVE the way it turned out.

It hurt - as people have said, it's a bunch of needles stabbing you repeatedly - and with a big piece or one with lots of color or detail, the area gets really tender after a while. Through doing this, though, I learned that a) I can survive pain, b) tattoos are ADDICTIVE (I want more!!) and c) if I really want to zone out, do NOT bring the BF or the DH along - go alone so I can concentrate on finding my "happy place", because those two kept talking to me! :laugh:

Also, DH asked that I get my next one in a spot that I can reach on my own to take care of while it's healing. :blushing:
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Here's one of mine, I can't post the others on here ;)

0LbpI.jpg

Bigger picture needed! Looks amazing
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    ive got 4 hours scheduled for saturday cant wait!
  • pitbullmom87
    Options
    I dont know how to upload pictures, but here are mine:
    left wrist- heart with angel wing(for my aunt), stars along sides(to tie it together), script writing of "perfectly destroyed' on the inside.(an ex i wasted 11 years on)
    right wrist-heart with angel wings(for my gma)
    left breast-rose
    above the left breast-quote"it cant rain all the time"
    above the quote-abstract flower
    right breast- a heart pin cushion that says "love hurts"
    above that are 2 rainbow colored roses that cover up my ex fiance of 11 years's name
    right hip-nautical star with flames
    left calf-heart with swirlies and tiny flowers
    back of left calf- cherokee rose in beer bottle from the walking dead
    right calf-portrait of my pitbull (he passed away a couple years ago)
    behind left ear-3 small stars
    left shoulder blade-dragonfly with chinese symbol for harmony(in memory of my grandmother)
    between should blades-stars with blue swirls
    right shoulder blade-abstract heart and lily
    middle of back-portrait of nikki sixx from motley crue (my biggest and most painful. 5 hours no breaks)
    lower back-cherry and says sissy in ribbon (my first tattoo, i was 15 lol)
    left ring finger-taurus and leo symbols entertwining

yes yes, i know, i have a lot of tattoos lol. but im not done either lol.
  • epcorne
    epcorne Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have three.

First one on my foot. Chinese symbol meaning love, life, and loyalty.

Second was a lily on my back.

Third is a breast cancer ribbon with a shamrock inside representing my grandmother. She died with breast cancer before I was born. (Irish)
  • xxxAimeeHxxx
    xxxAimeeHxxx Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    not sure how to upload pics on here but you can see my latest in my pictures.
    1st - dates of my dads birth and death
    2nd/3rd - bows on the backs of each ankle - looks killer in heals
    4th - lilly on my lower back
    5th- Cherry blossoms on the front/side of my ankle
    6th/7th- cherry and strawberry behid each ear
    8th - BEAUTIFUL pin up girl on my leg

I love my pin up so much still need to get one rose finished off and few touch up's
    Got loads more in the bag waiting to be drawn up and put to skin....just need the fundin!!!!!!
  • AntoniaK89
    Options
  • sdlr4592
    Options
    I currently have two tattoos (but I'm looking into getting about a hundred more.)

I got the first one the day after I turned 18, and it's on my forearm; it's an EKG (beginning with the trace of a heart in the EKG lines) and as it flat lines it says "te amo" in a slightly cursive font. It's about 6 inches long and I got it in honor of my husband. He's Mexican and it's kind of way to say, "My last breath will be 'I love you.'"

I got my second tattoo a few months ago. It's on my right foot, and it says "I'm done healing." in a scribbley font that stretches from the back of the right side of my foot and arches over the top. Long story short, I chose to do this one as a reminder that I'm through with all of the bad things I've to deal with in my life. I chose those words because of a Flyleaf song called "I'm Sorry" that somewhat relates to my childhood; the last thing Lacey sings is, "I'm done healing" and then she screams it (hence the scribbley font.)
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    My most recent is also my smallest and most painful... lol
    248651_10150677775260651_855620650_18815411_5657345_n.jpg

I LOVE THIS ONE!!!!

omg i looooove the writing on your finger!! ive been wanting a tattoo on my finger for ages and ages and i just dont know what word to get. i was thinking of something like 'believe' or something along those lines. :)
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    26899_1218526193847_1549663280_30527944_7999764_n.jpg
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Left Ankle

14220087_9254.jpg

Behind my right shoulder

14220087_3428.jpg

I want some more, but I haven't decided what my next one will be. :)
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    a tribal heart
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Mine is my Icon picture on here. I love butterflies, so that part is for me. the ribbon for it's body is half pink representing my grandma who I lost 3/31/98 to breast cancer. The other half is grey representing my dad who I lost 12/27/2001 to Lung Cancer
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    daisy on my right ankle. I was 18. dragonfly on my right rear shoulder. I was 30. I plan to get a 13.1 after my half in March :)
  • ElleD89
    ElleD89 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I only have two now but more to come.
    1st - an Aum on my right wrist.
    2nd - 26.2 on my left ankle after running my first marathon.
    Future???
    Well, I love to write and if I ever get a book published, I'll get something for one of my characters. Love tats!
  • jhonny1989
    Options
    i only have one tattoo, tribal star tattoo at back of my neck.
  • dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My Profile