5 DEADLY TERMS USED BY A WOMAN

Options
1235»

Replies

• TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I was not expecting half of these comments.

Really, if people are going to take things WAY too seriously they shouldn't enter forums labeled "Chit-chat, fun and games".

Well, at least there are some people out there who appreciate the humor and of course not every woman is like that, I'm not like that myself but the majority of women I know that are in long term relationships (short term for some) are like this.

And yes it's stereotyping but remember, the next time you call someone a "Bimbo", aren't you doing the same?

The same was said about racial stereotypical jokes a few years ago as well...
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

Really, if people are going to take things WAY too seriously they shouldn't enter forums labeled "Chit-chat, fun and games".

Well, at least there are some people out there who appreciate the humor and of course not every woman is like that, I'm not like that myself but the majority of women I know that are in long term relationships (short term for some) are like this.

And yes it's stereotyping but remember, the next time you call someone a "Bimbo", aren't you doing the same?

I get the humor of it and that it for the most part is cute but in defense of some I am going to guess that they are focusing mostly on this.
    (2) NOTHING - Means something and you need to be worried.
    It really does cast anyone male or female in a dim light as a person because it stipulates that somehow being dishonest is not only acceptable but should be expected and tolerated.
    I think that is the one that maybe plays into the stereotype that ladies are manipulative and impossible to deal with because you never know if what they are saying is the truth about what they think or feel.
    Honest communication being the key to success it squarely assigns the blame of relationship problems to the lady.

Anyways,I had no problem with the thread but just attempting to answer why some failed to find humor in it.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

Well, I guess if I actually ever called people "bimbo," or anything of that nature, that would apply. But I don't. *shrug* Not everyone calls people names.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    when I say "fine" it means Im stubbornly admitting defeat. >-< ahhh i say "fine" a lot xD
  • kawanna941
    kawanna941 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This is SO me!!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Really?

Hmm.

When I say something, I typically mean what I say. Because I'm not a manipulative b****. Am I in the minority?

Me too and it makes my husband crazy because he always thinks there's something else there. I just don't have the energy to waste playing games with him. Why bother?

Although, I know many women who do talk like that. (and maybe once in awhile I'll say fine just to end an arguement).
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Really?

Hmm.

When I say something, I typically mean what I say. Because I'm not a manipulative b****. Am I in the minority?

I know many people - men and women - that have used these phrases at one time or another. Sometimes, ending the argument is more important than proving whether you are right or not, and these phrases can do that. If the other person is really listening, they probably know why those words are being used.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Mine is just more direct.
    "You'll pay for that..."
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I am definitely guilty of some of these, although less now than in the beginning of my relationship with my husband. We are both quite a bit more open and direct with each other these days. But I still do the whole "Fine!" bit pretty often. :laugh:
  • sunspotalli
    sunspotalli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    see i read this post and totally died laughing b/c i have sooooooo said some of them
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    No wonder we pay no attention to what you say...
    I'm sorry, you were saying?......
  • burstchair
    Options
    THERE IS A HUGE LIST:
    WE HAVE TO TALK.
    I'M LATE.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?
    I HATE THAT ONE. I MEANT WHAT I SAID.
    YOU ALWAYS DO THAT!
    WHATEVER YOU DID, IT WASNT GOOD.
    JUST ASK SOMEBODY!