Do you use MFP to plan your day?

Options
cekeys
cekeys Posts: 397 Member
Am I just a bit OCD, or does anyone else plan their eating at the beginning of the day?

Replies

• QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I am OCD diagnosed, but yes, I do. :wink: Mostly because if I dont, I will eat what-the-heck-ever I want.
  • thin1dayplease
    thin1dayplease Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I do! I pre add everything in my diary... it also helps so you know if you could have an extra things throughout the day because you can see exactly how many calories you are going to consume on your meals/snacks. :)
  • Kevww1982
    Options
    Yes I typically plug in everything the day before or the morning of. It helps me stick to my goals and makes me accountable for what I put in my body. I think it helps me focus on my final goal.
  • smudger_24
    smudger_24 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Nope, I do mine the night before alot of the time, I find it easier to plan my breakfasts and dinner firlst and know what I have left for lunch!
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Definitely - usually I have my entire day's worth of meals and snacks planned by 10am or so. It's just easier if I have a plan to follow and so that I don't eat tons and end up with few calories left at the end of the day.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I don't for the whole day aside from maybe icecream or something I want to be sure to have room for later in the afternoon.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I do it the night before.... there was a brief period where I planned out whole WEEKS in advance. I suppose I'll probably do that again at some point, but I just got lazy... lol. I DO always know what I'm eating before I start, though... It's been very helpful in keeping me on track!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i pretty much plan my week on sunday.. every am i get on here and put all my stuff in and see where i am at and what i maybe want to change or tweak.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I always do mine the night before, it helps me stay on track. My husband and I also make up all our lunches for the week on Sunday :)
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yes! I plan all of my meals in the morning after my workout then I know how many calories I have left for snacks then I move things or change them if I need to throughout the day!
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I use it in a rough rule-of thumb way

I figure out how much I would like to have for my main meal (my evening meal) and then divide the rest out over whatever other meals/snacks I want pretty much like:

Example: I have 2000 calories for today and we're having lasagne for dinner....I want a big piece....I'll set aside 1250 calories for dinner

That would leave:
    150 for breakfast
    500 for lunch
    100 for an afternoon snack

Then I will count during the day and adjust my evening meal size to fit what I have left (or if I eat less for dinner I'll make myself an evening snack).
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    i usually plan the next day the night before :)
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I generally plan mine out the night before. Sometimes I change it up, but it helps me be mindful.
  • l2rell
    l2rell Posts: 88
    Options
    I've started planning my meals in advance I'll do my breakfast first thing if I've had anythink then whilst eating lunch I input that as well as my nights dinner and stick to that if I've snacked I'll add that last thing at night whilst feeling peck ish this gives me one think to take my mind of ny of that. Imma bit OCD with this app anyway I can't put my iPad down always checking or tweaking or adding lol
  • titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I do plan with it if I am going to be going out, like on a weekend. I find it much easier to stick to plan at restaurants if I review their menus when I am not hungry and choose appropriate meals. I enter them into MFP and then there's no risky indecision when I get there.

During regular weekdays, I don't usually plan it out. If I eat more at one meal, I check the remainder of my calories and adjust my next meal accordingly.
  • calcio5
    calcio5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, the night before. It's much easier for me to stay on track or tweak the plan.
  • ValleryK
    Options
    I basically have an 8-week Menu, suggested by a dietician. It's not exactly a diet, just a balanced Menu so my body will get everything it needs in a week. So yes, right now I fill out MFP in the morning. It is actually really helpful, because when I don't have a plan, I eat anything I see. And when I have a plan, I already look forward to my next meal. (:
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I try to plan everything the night before/morning of. However, sometimes I dont figure out what to have for supper (as I cook for my mom & sister as well) until later in the day)
  • nuttytart770223
    nuttytart770223 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I do mine first thing then I know what I have left for snacks etc
    It works for me :happy:
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that I use it to plan my day - I don't pick food based off what I'm missing. I do however keep a close watch on how many calories I have left and that allows me to plan my meals. Also, if I work out and add back calories, I know I can splurge a bit.