Do you use MFP to plan your day?

Options

Replies

• cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I do not. I don't want to trade one addiction for another. In the very beginning, I would make a meal then put it in MFP befor I consumed it. Now, I just log it when I'm done eating. I want to practic self controll on my own now, without having to rely on an outside source. I feel like I have a handle on the calorie count of a meal that I am going to eat and when I plug them in after my meal, I am usually right. I love MFP. I am on it every day, but I don't want to replace my addiction to food with an addiction to planning my food.
  • nikkifk
    nikkifk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    yes, I usually plan my meals in the morning, then it's easier to stick to and because I plan my snacks in as well, there is always something to look forward to, you can always change the entry if you need to. I find that if I don't log everything in the morning, I don't stick to my healthy eating plan...
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I do usually
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I plug in my day when I'm eating breakfast. That way I can fill holes (not enough calcium, vitamin A, whatever) without having to worry about going way over!
  • swall0810
    swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I just fill mine out as I am going...
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I doooo! otherwise I eat too much in the beginning of the day, then I'm hungry later. if I plan my day out, I can make sure that when the munchies come around (as they always do, no matter what I've eaten earlier) around 3pm, I've got plenty of time and calories left.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I am extremely organized about food. My husband and I always decide dinner the night before, that way things can be defrosted in the fridge if necessary. So the night before, I log the next day's dinner, the lunch I will prepare that night for work the next day, then I see how many calories I have left for breakfast and snacks. I've been doing this since day 1 of MFP and it really helps me stay within my calorie goal.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I'm not so ahead of the game that I plan the night before :laugh: but I will plan it mostly in the morning. Although sometimes I don't know what's for dinner... yesterday, a little planning would have come in handy. I have 1425cals a day, I only ate 330 through the day, so I had a bigger dinner, but still fell under. Whoops - I guess a day or two under isn't going to hurt :drinker:
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Only when I know what I'm having for dinner, I find that I have a better day if I've planned it out.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I plan my three main meals then I add my snacks as I go. I guess I half-plan..lol.
  • Sweetpopcorn619
    Options
    Yes...

I'm normally good for keeping an eye on counting the food at work but when I get home with an empty tommy then....
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I make a general plan at the beginning of the week (think Sunday night) and keep it in an open Notepad document on my desktop, deleting each meal or day as I complete it. It helps me plan out my grocery shopping and cooking so I know what I need to do and what I have to finish before it goes bad in my refrigerator (side note: cooking for one is lame).
    It works well for me, but sometimes I don't stick to the plan exactly, it isn't set in stone- I made chili a day earlier than planned yesterday, but then I adjust as the week continues. It works well for me.
    As far as calories, I generally scan the database to have an general idea of where I should be by the end of the day, tracking each meal at work as I eat it.
  • yoouperh
    yoouperh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I plan my day every day, then I pick one or two little things that I can have for a treat every day, it's so fun!!!
  • CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yup... I plan out my food diary each morning. It helps me to stick to a plan that has been working great for me! :)
  • katcj
    katcj Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I make a plan of all of the evening meals I'm intending to do for my family for an entire week before I do our weekly shop. This helps in a couple of ways, it means I buy everything I need at the shop, it means I only buy what I need and it makes it easier to stick to eating good, healthy meals because if I know what I'm having and I know I've got all the ingredients in then I'm less likely to give up and have takeaway instead! Then, each day I add to my diary what I've had for breakfast, and then usually enter what I'm intending to have for lunch and dinner that evening too - as a previous poster says, by doing that, I'll know what I have left over for snacks so that I know I won't go over my limit. It all just helps me to keep focussed I suppose :smile:
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Am I just a bit OCD, or does anyone else plan their eating at the beginning of the day?

Many times I do because it is easier for me because of my shifts.
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    i do mine in advance and then look at my caolries but also my protein and fat / carb amounts and figure out what i need to eat to make sure i get the right nutrients not just the right calories - sometimes ill even log a whole week beacuse if i am at work i know what i am likely to take to eat for lunch etc... then i know what i can have over a weekend :)
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I have mild OCD and plan the night before. My husband and I are going out for dinner/movies tomorrow and I've already looked at the menu and added it to tomorrow's dinner on mfp....YEP, a little OCD.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I used to not, but now I have to because I have to hit particular macros. If I don't plan everything for the rest of my day out beforehand I end up eating the most ridiculous dinners.

Example:

Half an english muffin, with 2 tablespoons of mayo and a sliced up sausage. I ate it like a pizza, with mayo sauce. Ugh!

As you can see, I hadn't planned out enough fats! ^.^
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I try and plan my day in advance so I can stay within my cals and hopefully allow myself a little treat, but I don't necessarily put it into MFP before I've eaten it x