Fake success pictuers

Options
1234568»

Replies

• minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Maybe they lost weight....joined MFP..lost more weight...and the ticker reflects their "MFP weight loss". It's ok....thinking is hard.

this is true... thats my case. i lost 30 lbs before mfp.. and now im down 24 with mfp.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    p.s. why is this a huge discussion......................................... who cares?
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I think anyone that would do that would only be fooling themselves!! We never know... Just look at them as inspiration and keep pushing!! I know alot of my pals have done side by side and I have seen them transform I would hope no one would do that!! Good luck to you and continue a successful journey!
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    GM loves,
    So I was catching up on some of MFP success stories and some of these people be for and after pictures look good and makes me wanna push myself even more, buuuut after reading there stuff and how much they lost, just don't add up.
    So my question is.... Do you think some of these people on here fake there befor and after pictures and edit them to make them look skinny?

I don't see what the point of them doing that would be!! :huh:
  • skigirl310
    Options
    I agree with the people that said maybe they lost some before joining. I lost 45lbs a few years and unfortunately gained back 15lbs due to poor choices and unfortunate stresses. If I were to post pictures it would be from my old weight (a few years ago) and my new weight since it would show what i HAVE done...not just since joining this website midway through my weight loss, but overall through my whole process.
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    If they do it is absolutely ridiculous and stupid and they need to find something else to do w/their time
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Sometimes I see after pictures where people put their body in a weird position to look thinner, or slightly bend their body forward for a thigh gap. I can tell some people are sucking in their tummy too xD I still congratulate them on their hard work and loss though. They still earned it!
  • 57rainbows
    57rainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I think the original poster was making a contrast between what peoples' tickers reflect and what the pictures show, but rather what they say in their posts and what the pictures show. I'm sure she understands that people set their tickers differently for a variety of reasons, but if their story says they spent a couple months working out and lost 15lbs, but the picture looks like they lost 50, then it can seem like it's not authentic.

I personally haven't seen any of that sort of thing; I just assume they're accurate and get excited at the possibilities.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I agree but when I see be for and after pictures that makes me wanna push myself even more but when I read they only lost 15 pounds and there picture looks like they lost 40.....SMH yeah that don't match up.

15 pounds is different on everyone. 15 pounds on my 5'11 frame doesn't normally look like much. On someone who is 5'2 it's quite a bit of a difference, especially if that person is doing strength training. The last 25 pounds I've lost is a HUGE difference in appearance because I do a lot of strength training. Muscle takes up less space than fat. Every body is different, everyone has different routines and goals, and different results. If anyone is faking, I would say that it is extremely rare. I have never seen one that would make me doubt them.

I agree with the above, for instance I can soak up 3 pounds and I know people who look tons bigger with 3 xtra pounds
  • bellavie23
    bellavie23 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    To the OP, my MFP only says I have lost 6 lbs (but I lost 30 prior to the 6 because thats when I started my goal of losing the weight in december, but I didnt become a member til Jan), so I would look slimmer in my before and now pics even though it would only show me having lost 6 lbs on here.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    i don't know if I'm missing the point, I didn't read the whole thread, but I do sometimes wonder if people are totally honest about their starting weight. For example they say, 'this is me at my heaviest - 200lbs' when it really looks like they were a fair bit heavier than that. If people don't want to specify their highest weight, then fair enough, but I think it's a bit misleading for them to imply that there would be such a difference with x amount of loss, when in reality it's a lot more. It may be de-motivational for people to think they should see such a big difference after 15lbs when it isn't actually true.

Edit - I'm not talking about what the tickers say, but what they actually caption the pictures with.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    the point is there is no point ...
  • KristinArredondo
    KristinArredondo Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It depends on how tall they are and if they are muscle building or losing weight. I'm short, only 5'0 tall. So when i lost 5 pounds...it looks like 10. If i lose 10 pounds...it looks like 20 because of the way I'm built. But anyway..sometimes i know what you mean though about fake success pictures. I saw a girl that had her before picture of her tummy with her hands on her waist, and then her after picture she had her hands up in the air on her head...so obviously if you're hands are up and stretched out it will give an illusion of looking skinnier...anyone know what i am talking about? lol
  • alvin_grung
    alvin_grung Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    They fake them because they are jealous of you and want to sabotage you. You should punch these people in the face.

Oh, wow! That's funnier than the fake abs. Nicely said.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Who knows?! What do they gain from it though?

A sense of accomplishment... or the accolades from such accomplishment.... even if it isn't genuine... there are many people that will essentially troll a site for many reasons that are genuine... it's a sad fact... In a pregnancy and mom forum I am in, there are people that will join, fake a pregnancy and then fake a loss (whether it's a miscarriage or post-partum) to elicit a responses from the rest of the community for their own sad and sadistic purposes.... I don't see why this would be any different here.
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    They could have gained muscle which makes them look smaller. Also remember that fifteen pounds off a person that is 5 foot looks a lot more dramatic than 15 pounds off a person who is 5'8" such as myself. But ya, I know what you mean. :/
  • lizzy00125
    Options
    It all depends on the person's body type. I am only 5'3 and lost 12 lbs since being on mfp and it is a major difference. I didn't just lose weight, I dropped inches, many of them. I don't see why anyone would post fake pictures and I don't see why you would care anyway. If it is a motivational tool then use it. Let that be the end of it. You concentrating on whether or not a picture is fake minimizes others success instead of celebrating their loss. And for what?
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    the point is there is no point ...

Just admiring your ink, very Nice!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!