Should i say something??!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    He never asked for anyone's opinion, she did.

Good greif, i thought a forum was somewhere adults talked things out, not ganged up on eachother when they had differing opinions. That's the only point I was trying to make.

Why don't you quote me , so you get the last word.

By putting his answser on a public forum he asked for responses. Nobody asked for your opinion yet here you are giving it. How is that any different than us giving our thoughts on his rude response to her?

You're absolutley right, when I posted I invited the personal attacks on my profile, which, shame on me for posting anything there that was honest and meaningful, so that people like you could take advantage of it. If you want to know, my grandmother passed away a few years ago and I'm still dealing with that because I was taking care of her at the time, my brother had his 3rd child last week, and I am scared to death of the day my parents pass away. I love my dog Lemon she is the best, and there is a girl I love very much. LOL There is more information about me you can use.

It was my mistake to point out how emotional and irrational some people can be. LOL. It is pretty funny, that you are proving my point. I guess I should thank you.

I am concerned about the OP though. In that she is unable to solve these family issues on her own and turns to a public forum for help. That seems kind of strange doesn't? I mean she isn't the only one that does it, I see a lot of posts like that ... just seems odd to me. Like wouldn't you first go to the people who know you for a suggestion? or even people who don't know you that are just coworkers or something.

What point did you prove? Do you really think that you don't also seem emotional? You got offended because I disagreed with you and even more so after I pointed out that you misunderstood the article. If you are not reacting on emotion why are you still letting the thoughts a stranger has of you upset you? Now what? Are you trying to get sympathy from people by trying to tell everyone what a hard life you've had, because that is not emotional or whiny at all.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options

Good greif, i thought a forum was somewhere adults talked things out, not ganged up on eachother when they had differing opinions. That's the only point I was trying to make.

By putting his answser on a public forum he asked for responses. Nobody asked for your opinion yet here you are giving it. How is that any different than us giving our thoughts on his rude response to her?

You're absolutley right, when I posted I invited the personal attacks on my profile, which, shame on me for posting anything there that was honest and meaningful, so that people like you could take advantage of it. If you want to know, my grandmother passed away a few years ago and I'm still dealing with that because I was taking care of her at the time, my brother had his 3rd child last week, and I am scared to death of the day my parents pass away. I love my dog Lemon she is the best, and there is a girl I love very much. LOL There is more information about me you can use.

It was my mistake to point out how emotional and irrational some people can be. LOL. It is pretty funny, that you are proving my point. I guess I should thank you.

I am concerned about the OP though. In that she is unable to solve these family issues on her own and turns to a public forum for help. That seems kind of strange doesn't? I mean she isn't the only one that does it, I see a lot of posts like that ... just seems odd to me. Like wouldn't you first go to the people who know you for a suggestion? or even people who don't know you that are just coworkers or something.

What point did you prove? Do you really think that you don't also seem emotional? You got offended because I disagreed with you and even more so after I pointed out that you misunderstood the article. If you are not reacting on emotion why are you still letting the thoughts a stranger has of you upset you? Now what? Are you trying to get sympathy from people by trying to tell everyone what a hard life you've had, because that is not emotional or whiny at all.

I'm not upset, I'm just having a good laugh. :) Its just funny to me.. the "I know you are but what am I " defense. It just makes me laugh. You are just too funny. I don't think suggesting I love my dog or a woman is complaining. I was just giving you more ammunition to use. Its what you like to do. So please by all means .. entertain me! I have to admit, this is kind of fun. I like how you are all .. What? what? .. what? come on what? Every sentence is like a question? like everything I say has an upward inflection? ya know what i mean? :)
  • MaryB2
    Options

I'm not upset, I'm just having a good laugh. :) Its just funny to me.. the "I know you are but what am I " defense. It just makes me laugh. You are just too funny. I don't think suggesting I love my dog or a woman is complaining. I was just giving you more ammunition to use. Its what you like to do. So please by all means .. entertain me! I have to admit, this is kind of fun. I like how you are all .. What? what? .. what? come on what? Every sentence is like a question? like everything I say has an upward inflection? ya know what i mean? :)

"my grandmother passed away a few years ago and I'm still dealing with that because I was taking care of her at the time" That sounds like asking for sympathy. Just sayin
  • Apazman
    Options

"my grandmother passed away a few years ago and I'm still dealing with that because I was taking care of her at the time" That sounds like asking for sympathy. Just sayin

oh.. I'm sorry, I said that and the following sentences but perhaps I should put more context around it. See what I was eluding to was the fact you had read my profile all of which are very personal things that I am trying to write down as to stop living with the shame of being overweight. I tried to be honest and truthful about it. I found it profoundly hilarious that this is where you went to find ammunition to say "Maybe you should think about the fact that it is only you and your dog because you are rude to people and not weight related at all.". So clearly you don't mind using that kind of information about people to hurt them, So I tried to think of other informaiton that you could use against me. See my intent wasn't to seek sympathy, it was provide more examples of information that you could use to your benefit. Does that make sense?

besides... I am pretty sure its just you and me reading this thread by now, so its more of a chat log. :)
  • MaryB2
    Options

oh.. I'm sorry, I said that and the following sentences but perhaps I should put more context around it. See what I was eluding to was the fact you had read my profile all of which are very personal things that I am trying to write down as to stop living with the shame of being overweight. I tried to be honest and truthful about it. I found it profoundly hilarious that this is where you went to find ammunition to say "Maybe you should think about the fact that it is only you and your dog because you are rude to people and not weight related at all.". So clearly you don't mind using that kind of information about people to hurt them, So I tried to think of other informaiton that you could use against me. See my intent wasn't to seek sympathy, it was provide more examples of information that you could use to your benefit. Does that make sense?

besides... I am pretty sure its just you and me reading this thread by now, so its more of a chat log. :)

Like I said earlier, you turned it inot a personal disagreement between the 2 of us by the way you responded when you posted that article.

You're probably right, I'm sure it is just us reading this by now.
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    This is why Facebook is incredibly stupid.
  • Apazman
    Options

Like I said earlier, you turned it inot a personal disagreement between the 2 of us by the way you responded when you posted that article.

right, but there is a difference between posting an article about what I was talking about and reading something personal they wrote that took a lot courage and they thought perhaps they shouldn't because sometimes people can be cruel and using it as ammunition against them. I guess, I can see the distinction between the two, but perhaps for you there isn't. Its if someone called you an idiot and you read on thier profile that they had a miscarriage and you proceed to to write something like, "Well maybe you deserved to lose your baby because you are a jerk!". Does that make sense? I'm sure I am talking in abstracts but I think there is difference to information posted on a public thread and information posted on someones profile. Maybe its just me.
  • MaryB2
    Options

right, but there is a difference between posting an article about what I was talking about and reading something personal they wrote that took a lot courage and they thought perhaps they shouldn't because sometimes people can be cruel and using it as ammunition against them. I guess, I can see the distinction between the two, but perhaps for you there isn't. Its if someone called you an idiot and you read on thier profile that they had a miscarriage and you proceed to to write something like, "Well maybe you deserved to lose your baby because you are a jerk!". Does that make sense? I'm sure I am talking in abstracts but I think there is difference to information posted on a public thread and information posted on someones profile. Maybe its just me.

I didn't say that posting the article is the same thing but the way posted it. You said it in a very deragatory way, even after that I didn't use the information in you profile. The more you wanted to make it personal the more personal it got.
  • Apazman
    Options

I didn't say that posting the article is the same thing but the way posted it. You said it in a very deragatory way, even after that I didn't use the information in you profile. The more you wanted to make it personal the more personal it got.

Win at any cost I suppose. congrats!
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options

I've been reading this with the popcorn, its been a good example hopefully for the OP to why its best not to butt in and cause drama or handle the situation very delicately and privately.
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options

Why don't you two get each others phone number and call each other on your own time!!

• ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I tried to put in this: Why don't you two get each other's phone number and talk to each other on your own time!!