That Moment When...

Options

Replies

• scicco
    scicco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    that moment when you look in the mirror and think, damn I look good. For the 1st time in 20 years. Happened yesterday!!!
  • wjranch
    wjranch Posts: 152
    Options
    That moment in a clothing store change room when...............

You try on the clothes and you feel like crying tears of joy instead of the tears of defeat/sadness/failure you cried last time you were in that very same change room!
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    That moment when you realize you are sore all day from your morning workout and you love it.

^^^^^ THIS! I LOVE this feeling!
  • AutieBell
    AutieBell Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've had several moments in the last three years of my journey.

1. My best friend and my sister in law both crying in the same weekend telling me how great I look.

2. My neighbors stopping me on the street during my run to tell me how they've noticed my transformation.

3. Being able to run at all. I never thought I would ever be able to run and actually want to compete in races.

4. The feeling I got when I fit into a pair of pants I haven't worn in 10 years!

5. The moment I realize I had muscles under all that flab and could feel them.
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Tell me your moments!

That moment when you realize your thighs don't rub together any more.

Mine still rub, will be a while yet...lol
  • ClioGayton
    ClioGayton Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When you are not embarassed about your body anymore

When people say you are 'an inspiration'

When you realise your body is what you make it

When people who see you everyday in your 'mummy' clothes look stunned when you scrub up so well :-)

This!
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    That moment when...

I sprinted up the stairs and didn't even realize I had until I got to the top and thought," whoa! I'm not even winded and why did I just run up the stairs?" Such an awesome feeling!!! Doing exercise does amazing things!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    There was that moment when I was about to shave my legs and got freaked out wondering if I was going to cut myself around my defined muscles! ha!
  • khadijam
    Options
    You tell someone "Yeah I run every day - like 2-3 miles" and they look really impressed!! Still the greatest feeling in the world for me - I love feeling so smug that I am perceived to be a member of the "fit brigade" (although if they actually saw me running I might be expelled!!)

this exactly!!!! it feels good
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    When you can stick your finger in your belly button and hit bottom for the first time in years.
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    That Moment When....

-You realize you need to buy a belt because the smallest pair of pants you own has just fallen off your backside (in PUBLIC!)
    -You deliberately park far away from the doors at stores because you KNOW the urge to run will over come you
    -Find yourself drooling at the thought of eating some plain yogurt
    -The first thing you think of for a snack are fruits and veggies instead of chips & candy bars
    -You can no longer remember what it was like to be afraid of trying a new workout
    -Find yourself planing your entire day around your workout routine and find yourself irritable should you happen to be late for or miss your gym time!!!
    -Soda of any kind looks disgusting to you
    -The thought of eating Ice Cream turns your stomach
    -See your children copying your workout moves
    -Your child tells you "You're my Hero" because you can FINALLY do "real" push-ups instead of the just the girly ones!!!!!

P.S. I LOVE this thread! So many great moments shared! Thanks to everyone!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    back to the thigh thing...i was laying out in my back tyard after working an overnight shift and I saw daylight between them while my knees were touching!!!!!! That was in 2001!!!! I havent looked back since!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    When you run a 5k and then come home and cycle another 20 miles because your legs feel fresh and everything feels easy.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    When your high school ring and a ring you had to have upsized don't need to be greased to get off your fingers.
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    That moment when your guy friend comments that you're a beast (as in strong) when you move a picnic table with a person still on top of it. XD (I thought he was taking the other end so I moved it most of the way by myself haha)
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    That moment that you realize you haven't seen that number on the scale in YEARS.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    That moment when that guy you like says "Your face is REALLY gorgeous."
    I guess I've been losing weight in my face. I'm getting my cheekbones back. It's funny how he worded it "Your face...."
  • michelleb148
    michelleb148 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    when your bag of "clothes that are too small" becomes the bag of "clothes that are too big"
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    that moment when you can't get your hand around your bicep because you have gained muscle!!
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    that's a great moment!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!