World of Warcraft

Options

Replies

• NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* I play WoW and have for about four years (it will be 4 in Oct, hubby got me hooked when we started dating) and play on Staghelm for the Horde!!!!!!!!! Lol, had to say it. Anyways, got a priest (that i leveled in holy up to 80, then duel spec to shadow, now doing a lot of pvp on her), a pally, a druid, and a couple others. Screen name has nothing to do with my WoW stuff.

Side note, my screen name here on MFP is actually kinda funny. My husbands is BlacknightDH and his best friend's is WhiteKnightZS so I decided why not NavyKnightAh?
  • Alaarie
    Alaarie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I was just reading through a thread in which people described how they came up with their screen names and I noticed several people that admitted to playing World of Warcraft. I play WoW as well on both the Moonrunner and Emerald Dream servers. Any other WoW geeks here, and if so... what servers do you play on?

Nice! Hubby and I are just switching to Emerald Dream... toon transfers tonight since payday's tomorrow. LOL! Our screen names are generally based off real names... "Alaarie" is a combination of Alan & Marie... our kids' middle names. My newest toon is my first name in pig latin... Ellykay.
  • reverendzor
    reverendzor Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Active WoW player here. Been playing on Eonar US since December of 2004.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    BTW, if you wanna read some funny lock stories, there was like an entire e-novel based on a locks life which was funny. I don't remember the name but I remember chuckling alot to it

I'll have to find that.

What is it with WoW's locks being all kooky? It's like the antithesis of what other mythos portray warlocks (or other "dark arts" roles; which is probably why, but it still strikes me as funny how Warlocks, and it seems Undead ones, especially, are some of the biggest goofballs).
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I definitely miss playing with chill people

THIS is one of the reasons I miss playing WoW. I am not disappointed that I quit when I did, but trying to find an alternative, newer MMORPG that has similar mechanics is almost impossible and I'm not about to devote as much time as necessary to get 'up to par' with the power-gamers on WoW again right now. :<

I present to you the most chill player on wow: My old GM.
    http://youtu.be/ad0MvXwS5D4

I still cannot believe how much rhaveh used to be crapped on lol

Edit: technically not the GM of our guild since deadheadd was the GM but he was the raid leader
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yup, I am guilty too. I have a Mage, Warlock and a Hunter - all raid ready :happy: I play on the Alleria server - alliance side.

Taking a break right now while I wait for MoP and playing some SWTOR which I am really enjoying.
  • MrsCruncher
    Options
    I play on EU Kul Tiras realm, have played since BC. I have 2 Mages: Sivermind and Fairynuf, Hunter: Silverfly...all belfs, love Battlegrounds. Not too serious though have to be more involved with IRL :P and now going to the gym I only play a bit in the evenings. Looking forward to MoP :)
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've been playing for 4 years I think, lol, my main server is Silvermoon but I've recently started branching out to Area 52 on the horde side. During the summer I hardly play and the winter it's more game on! I'm not very creative with names (absolutely no imagination here) so most of my toons are a variation of my name: Aricka, Airica, etc, etc. I've been playing my Arcane Mage the most but ehhh, it's summer, it's nice, who wants to sit inside and be on the computer all day.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I play on EU Kul Tiras realm

That was my realm out there too! Is Senatus Redux still about?
  • taunto
    Options
    BTW, if you wanna read some funny lock stories, there was like an entire e-novel based on a locks life which was funny. I don't remember the name but I remember chuckling alot to it

I'll have to find that.

What is it with WoW's locks being all kooky? It's like the antithesis of what other mythos portray warlocks (or other "dark arts" roles; which is probably why, but it still strikes me as funny how Warlocks, and it seems Undead ones, especially, are some of the biggest goofballs).

I think you need a good dark sense of humor to appreciate yourself being all bones inside a robe throwing flames and shadow damage.
    Plus most of the undead warlocks, priests and rogues are really creative nerds who thought long and hard before selecting that role in tbc
  • XxOMG_ITS_PINKxX
    Options
    FOR THE HORDE!

Frostwolf server

Undead warlock :-)
  • portalm
    portalm Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thing about warlocks is, ummm ya they suck OP SONS OF BEACHSSSS
  • XxOMG_ITS_PINKxX
    Options
    ^^ newb

only people who can't play a lock hate on them :drinker:
  • taunto
    Options

*cough* Resto druid *cough*

Sorry, had to be done :D

Edit before flamewars begin: I used to play both, I get to make jokes about their balance lol
  • portalm
    Options
    LOL Hey i played resto druid before they were popular IN BETA** they only got powerful starting the season 2, THEN became gods season 3, Not my fault we had some druid love! Warlocks however HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SPOTLIGHT!!! ^^ Just saying
  • taunto
    Options
    I'd say honestly that rogues have always gotten the most love in the game. pvp or pve, both ways. Even hunters don't counter them anymore
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

*cough* Resto druid *cough*

Sorry, had to be done :D

Edit before flamewars begin: I used to play both, I get to make jokes about their balance lol

Locks back when fear kiting meant something, maybe. Ever since they nerfed that...meh (and as a Feral Druid? Ha! Bye, bye, clothie!). I always hated Rogues, personally.

As for OP now? DKs, hands down. My guild's been screwing around in ICC (7-10 manning 25 man mode, stuff like that), and our main DK tank was soloing Putricide and was winning except for the goo taking over the floor and cornering him (did you know the red oozes won't attack the tank, even if he's the only one left?). I quit counting the number of times he went from <25% health to full (he is his own healer!).
  • portalm
    Options
    That is true.... Rogues, Really who thought that all that dmg was necessary after all that damn CC.... when they started powering through warriors... That was the serious problem. Warriors Masters at arms. Getting dominated by even the most crappest rogues.... #sad
  • taunto
    Options
    If you wanna see how OP rogues can be, watch reckful winning at 2700 bracket in 2's with mage+rogue at lvl 85 with all TBC gear on. He had warglaives and all TBC gear and still didn't lost a game. All his gem slots went towards hit rating lol.
    I dunno if you played cata yet or not but rogues have self-healing which is better than resto druids hots. dmg+cc+escape methods. too easy in a skilled players hands imo. Oh and they got shield wall too lol making them one of the highest non-prot class in arenas

As for DK's, in pvp last time I checked they were pretty terrible since they were basically glass canon like mages without the control and escapes which is why so many cleaves uses them since they can get a score in the first 30 seconds but after that they're sitting ducks.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Played from vanilla to BC then quit for a year or so came back and played wotk and quit about a month after cata and have not logged back in.

Actually wish I could get back into gaming but the last 3 games I bought I did not enjoy. Thinking about trying GW2 wish I had played some of the beta weekends.

GW2 has actually been pretty fun imo. I'm hoping that the casual play atmosphere of it will make it more sustainable than games like WoW or even Rift were. I've been playing these games since the days of UO and I sunk many years between them. I just can't do 8-10 hour days anymore of doing nothing but sitting on a computer and I'm kind of embarrassed at myself for being able to do it before and think nothing of it.

Not to mention WoW got so damn tedious for me. Raid Raid Raid and in the end.. you still never got anywhere. Suffered serious burn out. Not even Rift held my attention for more than a few months.

(btw to add to my original post - played Argent Dawn, Alliance side. Loved my Priest in all her forms)