Crazy/funny/weird things you're scared of

Options
What are you afraid of that other people thing is weird funny or crazy?

Me, I'm terrified of mushrooms. Can't look at them without shuddering, and there is no way I will touch one!

So what about you?

Replies

• annamolly22
    Options
    I'm terrified of basements. I mean I guess it's not that weird, but it's probably weird that I've lived in my new house since October and I have only been down there a handful of times >_<
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Dinosaurs.
  • Hollieox
    Options
    I think dinosaurs are cute!
    And basements, totally understandable! The cellar at work freaks me out so much!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Kevin Bacon
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    The only thing that really bothers me is Crane Flies. Ugly *kitten*. Fly like they're drunk and spaz out when you repeatedly stamp on them, rather than just, you know, DYING.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Kevin Bacon

LOL! Was it Footloose that did it for ya?
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    Clowns and spiders
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    moths especially hawk ones ....I run a mile when they get in the house
  • Hollieox
    Options
    Haha these are brilliant guys! Makes me feel better for my fear of mushrooms!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    grasshoppers and clowns
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    some folks are scared of heights, I'm scared of widths...
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Making phone calls.

Yes, seriously. I don't think I've ordered a pizza, chinese takeout, etc in 5 years... because i absolutely loathe picking up the phone and calling people!

My very bestest friend of the last 5 years? I've called her six times. Four times, it was " What do you want from Timmies? " on the way to her house.

I hate it even more if I'm calling someone I don't know. Need to schedule an appointment? Nope. Call a child's parents when their kid is sick? ................. only if they are REALLY sick and I don't have a choice.

Call the school? Nuh uh.
    Call to check the hours of a store? Heck no.
    Call to report a problem? Never.
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Scorpions. Can't stand them. Can't be near or around them. I send my BF into the reptile section of a pet store to do recon before I go into look at the snakes and spiders. I change the channel if they come on TV

Not going to have it. Nope. *shudders*
  • Hollieox
    Options
    Same here! It takes me a long time to be able to make a phone call!

Clowns seem to be a popular one!

Scorpions are pretty scary
  • seekingthepatienceofjob
    Options
    Spiders
    Snakes
    Sharks
  • Yitsukan
    Options
    The only thing that really bothers me is Crane Flies. Ugly *kitten*. Fly like they're drunk and spaz out when you repeatedly stamp on them, rather than just, you know, DYING.
    Couldn't agree more. Called them Doing-doings (the onomatopoeia) growing up, based on their tendency to bounce up and down in the general facial direction.

Also pretty terrified of kittens, when they're that just-able-to-walk phase. The way their tails stick up like antenna.. Ugh.
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    There's a window in my shower that opens to the front of my house, luckily there is a bush in front of it or people could see into my shower. Anyway, when I take a shower at night and the moonlight and streetlights are coming through that bush, I always think someone is standing outside getting ready to break the window and kill me. Totally ridiculous, I know.

But mushrooms are so awesome! I've had a snake for a pet, spiders don't phase me one bit, clowns, scorpions, nothing.
  • littleaprilina
    Options
    I don't like butterflies. They creep me out. I don't know why it is or where it came from either.
    I don't like heights either. I almost had a panic attack on Splash Mountain lol.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    The basement hallway at my work. Totally creepy, it makes me think of that movie The Shining. And I have to enter this hallway to get to the gym...........alone:noway:
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Craneflies! Daddy Long Legs!

At leasts the evil Wasp is elegant. Cranefiles just BUMP into lights, then BUMP into my head, then BUMP off walls.....gah!