Crazy/funny/weird things you're scared of

Options

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Balloons. Just when you get comfortable around them.....

*POP*

scares the crap outta me :(

That's an actual phobia! Globophobia! (Im sure most of these are but I actually know of this one Hehe)
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Maggots. :sick:
  • applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Peeing in the dark. I just can't do it, if the electricity happens to go out I'll hold it, if we're camping I'll wait until morning.

I hate with a passion June Beetles, I literally smashed one with a rather large landscaping boulder and it tried to come after me while hissing......I'm shuddering right now even thinking about it.
  • KickingDarkness
    Options
    Scary movies, can't watch them at all - even stupid ones - I will stay awake all night in fear. Also strait jackets. If I see a picture of one I feel all yucky and shivery.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Cobwebs you run into on a trail!
    Tornadoes (and I was a storm spotter, haha)
    I used to be terrifed of chickens
    Oh yeah I forgot one, open staircases! But that's because my brother used to grab my ankles from behind! :mad:
  • BrownEyedJerseyGirl
    Options
    Coulrophobia: Fear of Clowns.

Not like I would go running away from them but I just don't want them near me.

Yet, I'm not afraid of snakes, spiders, bugs, or rodents.
  • ronniesgirl1982
    Options
    I'm scared of falling and Clowns or falling on a clown
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Balloons. Just when you get comfortable around them.....

*POP*

scares the crap outta me :(

yes! i once worked in the floral department of a grocery/mega store. always had to fill latex balloon orders for people - i have always wondered how i survived working there without being commited :\

i'm also not very fond of spiders, clowns, and those creepy freaks who wear the full body spandex suits at sporting events.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    shopping malls at christmas time make my hands shake and very irritable. It has to be the crowds I can't stand people who get so close to strangers and walk really slow.
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    When I was younger....I was scared of midgets/dwarfs/little people. Until I saw Willow...then it was all good.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    "Reality TV"
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Cotton. No not like a shirt... Like a cotton ball. So creepy and gross. Worse than finger nails on a chalk board. My brothers and sisters will forever make fun of me... As I'm sure some of you will. LOL.

OMG! I thought I was the only person on the planet with this! I make my wife take the cotton balls out of new bottles of Aspirin, and I can't use cotton as a wipe, cleaning pad, etc.

I've found my long-lost twin!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Flying bugs. Bees, wasps, yellow jackets. One landed on my hand in marching band, and I tossed my flute. My friends made fun of me for sacrificing my flute for a yellow jacket. I even don't like flies. That whole buzzing sound creeps me right out. I will change direction if I see one.

Ironic that my college mascot is the yellow jacket.
  • YukonJoy
    Options
    Until I saw Willow...then it was all good.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • YukonJoy
    Options
    Cotton. No not like a shirt... Like a cotton ball. So creepy and gross. Worse than finger nails on a chalk board. My brothers and sisters will forever make fun of me... As I'm sure some of you will. LOL.

OMG! I thought I was the only person on the planet with this! I make my wife take the cotton balls out of new bottles of Aspirin, and I can't use cotton as a wipe, cleaning pad, etc.

I've found my long-lost twin!

lol. If you read the rest of the thread a lot of people commented about knowing people who have this fear.

It's actually pretty common :)
  • MichaelaaJ
    MichaelaaJ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Peeing in the dark. I just can't do it, if the electricity happens to go out I'll hold it, if we're camping I'll wait until morning.

I hate with a passion June Beetles, I literally smashed one with a rather large landscaping boulder and it tried to come after me while hissing......I'm shuddering right now even thinking about it.

I don't know what that is, but just reading this terrified me!
  • _persephone_
    _persephone_ Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    All birds (except ducks) absolutely terrify me.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Kevin Bacon

OMG....me too! He's everywhere! Him and James Franco just freak me out!
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    When I was younger....I was scared of midgets/dwarfs/little people. Until I saw Willow...then it was all good.

I'd be scared of myself since I'm only 4'10" lol
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    The Ferris Wheel... I'm scared of heights, and I always feel like I'm going to be dumped out of those rickety little cars. I HATE them! But strap me into a roller coaster, and I have the time of my life. Why? Because I have a lap belt, a shoulder harness (that I pull uncomfortably tight just in case), and a lot of time, another padded bar that comes down on your lap. No falling out there! :)

Oh yeah, and clowns... *shudder!*