Government recognizing Gay and Lesbian

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Well my dad used to call me his little fish since i LOVED to swim....so maybe thats where i evolved from? Who knows, who cares, this is today, not 100000 years ago. Who cares about the past, how we got here.....we are here and those are issues from long ago, we are trying to figure out issues from here and how. And people should read their bible, yes god created woman to keep man company, but maybe thats because adam wasn't so into men? I have really great scriptures that i won't quote in here because I don't want to get this shut down, but you should read your bible before you start judging the gays. Especially if you;ve had prematiral sex or ever lied about anything or ever got drunk, acoording to "the book" you are on the same level in god's eyes as someone who is homosexual. Unless you've walked in the shoes of a gay person, you have no right to judge. Its not a choice, who knows if its wrong or right, but to them, they CAN'T help it. All they are wanting is recognition of their love, not asking people if its right or wrong. A child molestor can marry a woman who has killed all her children and the state recognizes that marriage.....why can two distrubing souls get married but not a couple of the same sex? I vote we seperate state from teligion, as they claim it already is....
  • ajfrankiewicz
    Options
    Cool Im gonna marry my dogs so my insurance will pay for their vet bills, Those Vet bills get pricey

Comparing the loving union of 2 people to beastiality is not only insulting, but also reveals an alarming lack of emotional intelligence and most likely regular old intelligence as well.

applause, applause! this is so true. thanks for posting this, Heidi!
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This is the problem with homosexuals getting married. There are too many different opinions because of how people were raised. The great thing about the US is that we are ALL entitled to our opinions. We are ALL allowed to think and say what we truly feel. The problem comes when strong emotions like religion come into play.

Here is my humble opinion: As long as they aren't hurting a child, an animal, or holding someone against their will...who the heck are you to judge them? I was raised Lutheran and one of the first things I learned about God was that ALL of us were made in HIS image and to attack man was to attack God.

I know alot of straight couples who broke up after a couple of years and homosexual couples who have been together going on 15 years. How can a love that true be wrong?
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Government recognizing Gay and Lesbian

I for one am glad that the government is finally starting to recognize gay and lesbian. I'd hate to think all that money they sunk into gaydar was wasted.