Working mom needs kid friendly crock pot recipe's!!

Options

Replies

• CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    bump...great respones/recipes so far, can't wait to see what else gets suggested!
  • StacyLMcKnight
    Options
    I don't have a neighbor that has a "yapperdog". Just a cute chocolate Lab puppy. I'd much rather play with him than eat him..Thank anyway.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    bump! i need some of these! i love crockpot stuff... mine is never WAY healthy though lol
  • wilberfamily
    wilberfamily Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    One of my familiy's favorite crock pot meals is a pot roast. I put the roast in the bottom of the crock pot, spread a small can of cranberry sauce over it, and sprinkle a packet of onion soup mix over it. I add root veggies on top and cook it all day on low. We use the leftovers for burritos the next night if there are any :tongue:
  • rosy_rsls
    rosy_rsls Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    What a great post!! I will have to definately try some of these! Now i had one quick question... you guys leave the crock pot alone that long??? I noticed one of you said you go to work and leave the crock pot cooking... im a worry wart so im wondering if that is unsafe? Please and thank you!
  • StacyLMcKnight
    Options
    I just keep it off High and make sure there is nothing touching around it and off I go. =)
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Bump...these look amazing!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Okay so I know this isn't a crock pot dinner but it's about 15 minutes of hands on cooking, 40 minutes total. And it's just 285 calories of pure yum! Reheats pretty well too.

Lemon and Rosemary Chicken
    Fat: 4.5 g
    Carbs: 54 g
    Fiber: 4 g
    Protein: 30 g
    Old Points: 5.3 pts
    Points+: 9 pts

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    3/4 pound small red-skinned potatoes, halved
    2 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus 1 Tbsp leaves
    1 clove garlic, smashed
    Pinch of red pepper flakes
    Juice of 2 lemons (squeezed halves reserved)
    1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
    2 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cover the potatoes with cold water in a saucepan and salt the water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.

Pile the rosemary leaves, garlic, 2 tsp. salt and the red pepper flakes on a cutting board, then mince and mash into a paste using a large knife. Transfer the paste to a bowl and stir in the juice of 1 lemon and the olive oil. Add the chicken and turn to coat.

Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, cover and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken; add potatoes to the skillet and drizzle with the juice of the remaining lemon. Add the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon halves to the skillet; transfer to the oven and roast, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.

http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/2011/10/lemon-rosemary-chicken-and-winner.html
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • I put half a sirloin tip roast in a crockpot. I use grass fed and organic only.
    Then I add seasonal root vegetables of my choice (carrots and sunchokes are really good!), by placing them on the sides of the crockpot, around the roast.
    Cook on low during the afternoon, and it's ready for dinner. Meat should come apart easily with a fork and vegetables should be pierced easily with a fork.

Can't get any easier than that :)

Do you use any water, stock, or broth?
  • blujeanzz
    Options
    http://crockingirls.com/
    Great quick and easy recipes!!
  • Teresa71464
    Options
    bump
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • I have been home with my daughter for the last 2 1/2 years and found that financialy it was time to head back to work. I was so used to thinking about what to make for dinner at about 10 in the morning that I am having a hard time adjusting to planning ahead!! I wan't to make sure my daughter, husband and I are eating right too!! ( it's just too easy to eat out when I am not prepared for the upcoming dinner)

Does anyone have some EASY (I don't want to go out and buy like 15 spices) and BASIC crock pot and casserole meals (ohh and healthy too)? I think my best bet will be to prepare for the week evey Sunday and stick some ready to cook meals in the freezer...

Any recipes or advice would be much appriciated!

I found a website called www.crockingirls.com I haven't tried any of their recipes yet (just found the site a few hrs ago) but they sound really yummy and the ratings are high!

Another website I found earlier is called http://stephanieodea.com/ and she has TONS of recipes on her site as well. I hope you find something on the sites you and your family can enjoy. I cannot wait to start using my crock pot! If you try any recipes that are really yummy please let me know so I can try them - I'll return the favor.

Enjoy! :)
  • JohnFlevarakis
    Options
    I'm a picky eater I buy a rump roast put it in the crock pot with red skin potatoes, onion powder and brown gravy simple but delicious
  • hmb0626
    hmb0626 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Best Ever Crock Pot Beef Roast
    1 beef roast
    2 pkgs brown gravy mix
    1 pkg ranch dressing mix
    1 pkg italian dressing mix
    I can of coke (can use diet coke)

put all together in the crock pot and let it go all day on low.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    bump :) yummy
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/03/recipe-index.html

Theres a crockpot section on there. Good luck
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options