Working mom needs kid friendly crock pot recipe's!!

Options

Replies

• SushiQ1968
    Options
    Try allrecipes.com they have very good recipes for crockpot cooking and all of them are reviewed.
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Best Roast Beef- I can't eat it any other way after preparing it like this!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/awesome-slow-cooker-pot-roast/detail.aspx
  • Rachellelalex
    Rachellelalex Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The best crock pot cookbook I have ever used is the "Not your mother's slow cooker cookbook" that I bought at Target. I have tried many recipes from that book and I have enjoyed all of the them. The thing that I really appreciate about it is the almost total lack of cream of "fill in the blank" soup that seems so ubiquitous to crock pot recipes.
  • angiebarker
    Options
    This is a favorite recipe of mine.

Sliced veggies (if using frozen thaw)
    -carrots
    -potato
    broccoli etc

vegetable broth cook for an 1hr or so until vegetables are tender.

Slice extra firm tofu into tiny piece and add to mix. Cook for 20mins more
    enjoy
  • bellavie23
    bellavie23 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    My favs to throw in the crockpot is a whole turkey , pork roast or brisket and what ever veggies I have on hand. I do this at leat once a week - we eat on it for days.. drink the broth and the last of the meat is either sent to work with the hubs for lunch or made into a soup. You can take most frozen meats put a little BBQ sauce or marinade and put in the crockpot.. I have several crockpots in different sizes including a large roaster and usually more than one going at a time- baked potatoes are amazing done in the crockpot. Taco soup is one of my family's favorites.. browned meat and onions, pork and beans, chili beans, diced tomatoes, tomato juice or sauce with taco seasoning served over tortilla chips with cheddar cheese and sour cream.
    I highly recommend you get one of the "Fix It. and Forget it" cookbooks.. they are amazing and filled with hundreds of crockpot recipes! There is at least 5-6 of them to choose from including a light version. you can find them here.
    http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Forget-Cookbook-Feasting-Cooker/dp/1561483397
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I like the one about the dog. My best friend's Mom has a little dog that is yapper and nasty. Everyone but her Mom and brother would like to do this to their dog. He has bitten everyone in the family's feet at least twice. No one in this family like this dog. And we are all dog lovers.
    We are just glad that all of the kids are old enough not to get down and get in his face or pull his hair or tail.
  • kandi810
    kandi810 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Visit www.crockingirls.com and/or www.skinnytaste.com. On skinnytaste there is an awesome chicken enchilada soup if you like mexican food.
  • isaacs06
    isaacs06 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hubbafer
    Hubbafer Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mushroom Pot Roast

1 nice sized blade roast
    1 can of low fat mushroom soup
    1 pkg onion soup mix

Smear soup all over the roast. Sprinkle onion soup mix on top. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Literally falls apart.

* You can also add diced up mushrooms, onions, carrots, celery and potatoes on the bottom. *

The juice from the soups make an amazing gravy!!!
  • EliseMarie24
    EliseMarie24 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mmurph102
    mmurph102 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jewelswye
    jewelswye Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jdavison91
    Options
    bump.
  • needtolose50lbs
    Options
    BBQ Chicken

2-3 lbs Frozen Chicken Breasts (can use fresh as well just cut down the time)
    6-8 red potatoes (or 1 med/lrg sweet potato) - I do both
    1 bottle BBQ Sauce of choice
    1 lrg bag baby carrots

Spray crockpot w/ non-stick spray (or use crockpot liners). Add about 1/4c water to bottom of crockpot. Cut potatoes into 4's (or decent sized chunks). Pour 1/4 of the bbq sauce over them. Layer the carrots next, more bbq sauce. Layer chicken on top w/ the rest of the bottle of bbq sauce. 8-10 hrs on low

Love it :) I find it works better with the frozen chicken, I tried it with fresh and it dried out a little. Really good :)

You can do the same thing with chicken broth to make chicken w/ veggies/potatoes. Just use one can low sodium broth/1 can water.

YUMMMMMMMMY!
  • boys4rmine
    Options
    Homemade Mac and cheese IN A CROCKPOT!!!!

(I use WW noodles)

1 1/2 cups milk
    One 12 oz can evaporated milk (I used skim, evaporated milk keeps the egg and milk from curdling)
    1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted, cooled to room temp
    3 large eggs
    1/2 tsp salt
    3 cups (12 oz) shredded cheese (I used an Italian blend, recipe calls for Italian fontina cheese)
    1/2 pound elbow macaroni or mini penne tubes, par cooked and drained (this means cook them for about five minutes until tender but not completely cooked)
    Freshly ground black pepper to taste
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Spray the inside of your slow-cooker with cooking spray or grease it with olive oil. Combine milk, evaporated milk, eggs, butter, and salt in slow-cooker and whisk until until smooth (or you can use an immersion blender to do the whisking for you). Add the shredded cheese (not the Parmesan) and macaroni, sprinkle with black pepper (and whatever other spices you want to use). Stir gently with a spatula to coat evenly. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
    After 30 minutes, reduce the temperature to LOW and cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until custard is set in the center and the pasta is tender. The macaroni and cheese may sit in the cooker on the KEEP WARM setting for 30 minutes before serving. Serve and enjoy! '

IMG_0164.jpg
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Bump.