Starting ChaLean Extreme 10/02/12! Join in!

Options

Replies

• jcnjsgurl
    jcnjsgurl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm just now seeing this thread. I started week 3 of the Burn phase, this past Monday. I am using the bands and am starting to have second thoughts about it. I guess I will post on here as well.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    I'm just now seeing this thread. I started week 3 of the Burn phase, this past Monday. I am using the bands and am starting to have second thoughts about it. I guess I will post on here as well.

Why second thoughts?
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    The bands are really hard. I am using bands and it's a beast.

I'm on my second week of it, and it's going well. I can't promise I'll dig up this thread, but you can friend me or join the ChaLEAN group in the groups section.
  • dmcw19
    dmcw19 Posts: 129
    Options
    Hi,
    I am in the middle of my 3rd week. I am actually being really strict about the burn intervals, but I have substituted the cardio with my favorite hip hop abs and zumba. I just hate cardio if I am not doing some type of dancing.
    I really love the burn intervals! I really do look forward to them.
    I am pretty new to mfp, so I am not real sure how these message boards work. Is there a separate group too? I am going to send a friend request to those involved in this thread.
    Have a great weekend!
  • jcnjsgurl
    Options
    I must not be using the right bands. If I may ask what pounds, band wise are you using? I am using 15lb bands for the light weights and 25 lbs for my heavier weights.
  • vribaldo
    vribaldo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! My name is Val and I plan on starting CE on Sunday!! Can't wait to join you all!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The more the merrier :smile: I am sure you'll love it!
  • kel7298
    Options
    I am using weights so I can't compare

Today was:

CLX Push 3 then12 min @ level 10 on the treadmill
  • jcnjsgurl
    Options
    I am on my third week of the Burn cycle, 2nd workout. I increased my band to the 30lbs for todays workout. CLX kicked my tail today!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'd start with ya but I ain't doin Chalean until Sept. I am doin 90 days of Jillian Michaels body revolution then 90 days of Les Mills Pump first.
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Sorry I'd start with ya but I ain't doin Chalean until Sept. I am doin 90 days of Jillian Michaels body revolution then 90 days of Les Mills Pump first.

Oh I'd love yo try Body Revolution too. I am planning on doing it after CLX! It is not available in the UK currently though. Do you think you could maybe have a look on the box what it says for the region? That would be amazing :flowerforyou:
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I just started round 2 of Chalean Extreme on Thursday. I loved it the first time around and I have heavier weights now:bigsmile: .Hopefully I will see more results after round 2 since I have upped my weights...
  • Daisy80
    Options
    I just started round 2 of Chalean Extreme on Thursday. I loved it the first time around and I have heavier weights now:bigsmile: .Hopefully I will see more results after round 2 since I have upped my weights...

Well done for completing round 1! What were your results from round 1 if you don't mind me asking?
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options

Well done for completing round 1! What were your results from round 1 if you don't mind me asking?
    I wish I had taken measurements/pictures before I started, but I didn't:sad: . However, I went down a whole pant size, a shirt size, and my bra size WAS a 36D---now I am in a 34D. Definitely happy with those results:bigsmile: .
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Burn 1 DONE~

I am struggling with how low my calorie burns are with this workout -- 30 minutes nets me between 80-100 cals (I weigh 140, am 5'4", 40 years). I just need to focus on the strength building as I"m getting lots of cardio in separately to get those calories burned!
  • rachaelv77
    rachaelv77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am going on to week four of the first level. Do you do extra cardio (outside of the burn interval)? When do you fit it in?
  • kel7298
    Options
    Week 2, Burn 1 DONE~

I am struggling with how low my calorie burns are with this workout -- 30 minutes nets me between 80-100 cals (I weigh 140, am 5'4", 40 years). I just need to focus on the strength building as I"m getting lots of cardio in separately to get those calories burned!

Definitely dont focus on that number. Can I ask what Hrm you use? I burn a bit more than you and I am 5'4, 146 lbs, 50 yr.

CLX Push 1 and 15 min treadmill incline 10 - 428 cals burned
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Burn 1 DONE~

Definitely dont focus on that number. Can I ask what Hrm you use? I burn a bit more than you and I am 5'4, 146 lbs, 50 yr.

CLX Push 1 and 15 min treadmill incline 10 - 428 cals burned

I use a Polar F60
  • kel7298
    Options
    I use a Polar F60

Mine is a Polar FT60. You must be in a lot better shape than me..ha.

Today:

Burn Intervals - 448 calories gone!
  • HealthierFitMe01
    Options
    I just started today. I love to join in feel free to add me as a friend if you would like..