Starting ChaLean Extreme 10/02/12! Join in!

Options

Replies

• sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar F60

Mine is a Polar FT60. You must be in a lot better shape than me..ha.

Today:

Burn Intervals - 448 calories gone!

How many cals average do you burn in the Burn 1/2/3 30 minute workouts?
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    I feel I can honestly say I burned at least 200/250 calories just in the workout.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I just did did Day 1, so Burnb 1 today and my HRM (Polar FT4) says 315 calories. Wow! Are you cleaning it regularly? Apparently if you don't it affects the readings.
  • kel7298
    Options
    I just did did Day 1, so Burnb 1 today and my HRM (Polar FT4) says 315 calories. Wow! Are you cleaning it regularly? Apparently if you don't it affects the readings.

Cleaning the chest band?
  • Smuterella
    Options
    yep :-)
  • kel7298
    Options
    yep :-)

Makes sense!

Push 2 & 13 min level 10 elliptical - 414 cals spent!
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm a little behind but I'm starting today! Last time I did it I lost 42 pounds, 2 years later I'm about to make it happen again!
  • tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello! I started Chalean Extreme yesterday. Burn 1... I liked it! My weights go up to 12 lbs but I feel like I will be needing more soon. I'm looking forward to tomorrow!
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday :smile: I've done it in the past, but never been able to stick with it past Push. Would love some like-minded friends for motivation...add me if you'd like :flowerforyou:
  • tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm a little behind but I'm starting today! Last time I did it I lost 42 pounds, 2 years later I'm about to make it happen again!

You lost 42 in one 90 day round? Wow that's amazing! Good luck to you!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Burn 1 DONE~

I am struggling with how low my calorie burns are with this workout -- 30 minutes nets me between 80-100 cals (I weigh 140, am 5'4", 40 years). I just need to focus on the strength building as I"m getting lots of cardio in separately to get those calories burned!

I'm 5'4", 140 & 37 years, on most of the circuits I burn about 180-200 with my ft4. I find when I use the bands with the higher resistance I get more of a sweat!
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Hello

I am planning on starting ChaLean Extreme tomorrow Friday the 10th of February! I had it for a while but only had bands and didn't like it with the bands. I now have weights so I will start tomorrow! I will probably have to buy heavier weights for the push phase though.

I am very excited to start and would love to have company doing it!

So if anyone is planning on starting soon or has started recently maybe you fancy joining and go through it together!

Daisy!

I hope you have some really heavy weights to start. I am just about done with the Push phase and I was super surprised at how strong I am. The heaviest I have now is 20 lbs, but I wish I had heavier weights cause some of the exercises are still too easy with the 20s (mostly legs) but I didn't want to spend the cash on heavier ones! Good luck with Chalean! :)
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I'll be restarting it in March. I had great results the first time around!
  • MommyofTwinies31
    MommyofTwinies31 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am almost done the Lean Phase and this is an awesome workout program so far i have lost 2 inches off my arms, 2 inches off each thigh, 3 inches off my waist, 1 inch off my chest, and 10 pounds. I also started TurboFire for some extra cardio :)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I have Chalene Extreme but I only do the cardio dvd, I love it. I really got into doing Jackie's videos (find them anywhere like walmart) and her strength training is quick and effective. I need to watch through CE again before I do it. IDK if I'm mentally ready for it, lol but I have turbofire as well, and love her as an instructor. good luck
  • sunshinegirlnm
    Options
    Hi there,

Sorry I've been MIA. Cold since Monday has kept me on the couch....
  • kel7298
    Options
    I have Chalene Extreme but I only do the cardio dvd, I love it. I really got into doing Jackie's videos (find them anywhere like walmart) and her strength training is quick and effective. I need to watch through CE again before I do it. IDK if I'm mentally ready for it, lol but I have turbofire as well, and love her as an instructor. good luck

I have her videos too. My favorite is Personal Training with Jackie: Power Circuit Training. Does she have a DVD solely for strength training?

Today was a CLX cardio day so I veered away and did LS Walk Away The Pounds 3 Fast Miles for a nice burn of 418 calories
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone:

I just started Push 1 circuit. So far I love the program!
    I have also enjoyed the cardio DVDs...although they
    can be challenging. I haven't lost a lot of weight but
    I am definitely firming up and feel stronger every day!
  • Smuterella
    Options
    Have my first cardio day tomorrow. :-)
  • sunshinegirlnm
    Options
    Finally well enough to work out!

CE Burn Week 2, Burn 2: 210 cals (I changed HRM's and apparently my new one is defective, wahhhh, but my cals burned are higher, yay!!!)
    Walk 3.5, 30 mins, 140 cals

Great going everyone!