Why so much hate?

Options
MFPAddict
MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
I posted something on my profile telling my friends that I was going to create a thread against women posting cleavage pictures. It was done as a spoof because of the uproar the bikini thread caused. I figured there would be some debate. Some rebellious cleavage pics. Some jokes. But WOW, talk about the haters!

I had several people suggest I was trying to portray the LL Cool J picture as being me, despite a disclaimer on my profile stating it is not. Based on the posts that I was able to read (apparently many were deleted), the people that bothered to check my profile only did so with the intention to find material for criticism. An activity that happens on this site every single day. Disagree with someone, check their profile to find something to use against them.

One person even said to check out my Caucasian pictures before I delete them. Really? Clearly this individual missed my disclaimer about the LL Cool J picture. This point led me to a conclusion. The only reason I made my profile visible to all MFP members was so people would stop sending me FRs because of the picture. I still get those such requests almost daily. If no one bothers to read the profile anyway, why bother making my profile accessible to non-friends?

Clearly it is just used for haters looking for ammunition anyway.

Replies

• LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Some people need to be referred to a good proctologist to first remove the stick and secondly locate his/her head.
  • Fred77
    Fred77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I think there is a serious sense of humour failure from lots of people on this site. some take everything literally.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    It's okay for you to joke as long as you are "one of them". If you aren't, then "they" want to castigate you. Add in the fact that there are a lot of people here with absolutely no sense of humor and you get what happened to you. Sorry. I saw your thread for what it was, a joke and the hope that you might see some cleavage pictures.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I just saw it as a joke too! Missed all the drama I guess :/
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    UGH! (That's all I've got)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    sadly, they had no idea you were joking, and felt the need to be asshats.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I posted something on my profile telling my friends that I was going to create a thread against women posting cleavage pictures. It was done as a spoof because of the uproar the bikini thread caused. I figured there would be some debate. Some rebellious cleavage pics. Some jokes. But WOW, talk about the haters!

I had several people suggest I was trying to portray the LL Cool J picture as being me, despite a disclaimer on my profile stating it is not. Based on the posts that I was able to read (apparently many were deleted), the people that bothered to check my profile only did so with the intention to find material for criticism. An activity that happens on this site every single day. Disagree with someone, check their profile to find something to use against them.

One person even said to check out my Caucasian pictures before I delete them. Really? Clearly this individual missed my disclaimer about the LL Cool J picture. This point led me to a conclusion. The only reason I made my profile visible to all MFP members was so people would stop sending me FRs because of the picture. I still get those such requests almost daily. If no one bothers to read the profile anyway, why bother making my profile accessible to non-friends?

Clearly it is just used for haters looking for ammunition anyway.

I think women SHOULD stop posting cleavage pics. They should post completely nude pics instead..... JUST KIDDING FOLKS! And yeah, there are some haters in any forum no matter what the forum focus. Ignore them. They'll never go away but you can always ignore them......
  • cwmoree
    cwmoree Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think there is a serious sense of humour failure from lots of people on this site. some take everything literally.

they're probably hungry!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    hard to tell a joke from typeface. but even if they couldn't tell it was a joke or not, asshattery is never called for.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    All I read was Cleavage
  • cwmoree
    cwmoree Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    So people are too literal. Add that to a cirtical/angry type writing anonymously on the internet and you can get just plain mean. Maybe it makes them feel better as a person?:flowerforyou:
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Too many irritable people with no sense of humour because of low blood sugar levels LOL

It can't be that much longer now til the resolutioners all finish dropping off and this place can go back to normal.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Lately this site has been becoming as ridiculous as Facebook with the haters and that is why I went here with my fitness stuff it really sucks!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I think women SHOULD stop posting cleavage pics. They should post completely nude pics instead..... JUST KIDDING FOLKS! And yeah, there are some haters in any forum no matter what the forum focus. Ignore them. They'll never go away but you can always ignore them......

NUDE PIX?!?!?!? REPORTED!!!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I thought it was funny. I'm sorry people attacked you.
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    well shoot, I thought this site was a dating site!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

NUDE PIX?!?!?!? REPORTED!!!!

hahahaha!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Fitfaery
    Fitfaery Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Grip needed on here sometimes! *rolls eyes* Maybe a good use of smilies too...to show joking or not for those who cannot tell the difference x
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I believe in the statement "everyone is entitled to an opinion" regardless if it is not one I share. There were several people that didn't get it and actually stated their opinion on the cleavage topic. I certainly don't have an issue with that. What I think is sad is those that access people's profile for the sole purpose to find material to attack.