Why so much hate?

Options

Replies

• MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I thought it was funny too. Don't let it get to you. You put your disclaimer on your profile. I am sure a lot of people just didn't understand that you were joking.

Thanks, but now only my friends get to see my profile. The disclaimer didn't work anyway. :grumble:
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Whatever happened to fat people being jolly? Just kidding. Please don't hit me!
  • MFPAddict
    Options
    Honestly, I think you like to dish it out but you can't take it. When you post something that provokes other members, what do you expect? Go cry somewhere else. I'd prefer this place not turn out like a youtube comment page.

Thank you for your opinion.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I think the real question here is why IS LL Cool J your profile picture?

Because it inspires me to work harder on my abs.

Um...just so you know, your abs are currently completely lickable the way they are :flowerforyou:
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I missed most of the drama and only caught it after it was locked, but i knew it was a joke. People get WAY to defensive on the internet and take things way to personally. Which is why there are such things as trolls. It's kinda sad, but often why I stay out of most posts unless I'm looking for a recipe or its a game...I don't have time to deal with other peoples drama and stupid ways of thinking...which is why i don't make/keep friends easily in real life....also why i don't have "online" friends.
  • SmashliT
    SmashliT Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Haters gonna hate.

Potatoes gonna potate.

Alligators gonna alligate.

Such is life, I guess.
  • MFPAddict
    Options

Um...just so you know, your abs are currently completely lickable the way they are :flowerforyou:

I take it you saw them before I changed my privacy settings? :blushing:
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    No need to explain yourself, who are they to criticise you.

I find it quite funnny how people on THIS forum specifically, can be so negative and mean to people, in a place where people ultimately come so that they can feel comfortable around like minded people.

Everyone in the world just needs to... be.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

I take it you saw them before I changed my privacy settings? :blushing:

Yeah...I peeked :wink:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you were treated that way. I've seen threads where the OP asked a question about the 1200 calorie limit and people went to her profile and saw that she was pregnant and reamed her *kitten* for trying to restrict calories while pregnant. That made me so mad. She never said she was dieting and it wasn't anyone's business if she was restricting calories while pregnant. She just asked a question. Needless to say, if it makes you feel better, I read your profile a long time ago and knew you weren't LL Cool J. I think he is a great inspiration for any guy. Most definitely, LL has a superb male body to model yourself after.
  • MFPAddict
    Options
    I need to go get ready for basketball. Yes, white men can jump! :laugh:

Hopefully this thread won't be locked when I get home.

:drinker:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

I doubt it...everyone's been fairly polite...have fun @ b-ball! :flowerforyou:
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options

white men can jump? I thought they all just had to be really tall...:laugh:
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Ignore the crybabies.....
    Nothing will ever work out for such a gloomy lot.

The glass is always half empty for those who personalize everything.

Pure genius.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Yes, there is definitely a lot of haters on here if you have a different opinion from what is popular.
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    People just like being keyboard warriors and having something to defend.
  • donitaj01
    Options
    :laugh: Wow "can't we all just get along!" Rodney King :laugh:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    @ caljur

Sorry...your post was rather long and I didn't want to bog down the thread by requoting it.

I truly think MFPAddict's original post was a joke that got out of hand...and let's face it; it's not the first time that's happened with a thread & I'm sure it won't be the last. That said, I really don't think you needed to personally attack him like you did.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I happen to like LLCoolJ...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    @caljur - Sarcasm is a popular theme for threads around here. You haven't been using the site long, but a lot of people use the forum just to entertain themselves. MFPAddict has been here a long time, and I have never found him to be offensive or disrespectful to ladies. To the best of my knowledge, he has never misled anyone to believe that he is LL Cool J. He is inspired by LL Cool J and that is commonly understood for most other people on the site. While I realize that you felt you were stepping up in defense of women out of your tremendous sense of respect for them, I really think you misunderstood MFPAddict's intentions. That being the case, I felt that your original post in the other thread was highly inappropriate, abusive, and in general, unnecessary. Which is likely to be why the thread got locked because the site does not allow that type of behavior.